Let's all laugh at Totteringham

Started by ONeill, August 11, 2007, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 16, 2013, 11:06:52 AM
AVB gone!!! f**king Joke.

Can't understand this shite at all. Didn't AVB have the highest winning percentage of any Spurs manager of the modern era? Seems like one of the most ridiculous sackings in recent memory.

T Fearon

Unfortunately presiding over a 6 and 5 goal defeat in the space of a month did for him,along with a poor style of play and deteriorating relationship with the Chairman,Board and part of the coaching staff

laoislad

I guess Tim Sherwood won't be getting the job so....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Syferus on December 18, 2013, 02:09:09 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 16, 2013, 11:06:52 AM
AVB gone!!! f**king Joke.

Can't understand this shite at all. Didn't AVB have the highest winning percentage of any Spurs manager of the modern era? Seems like one of the most ridiculous sackings in recent memory.

what is ridiculous about it? The players he had at his disposal they should be higher then 7th, spent 110 million in the summer. 6-0 defeat at city, 5-0 a5t home to lpool.. sacking harry now that was ridiculous

rodney trotter

Tim Sherwood confirmed as new manager,18 month deal.

SHEEDY

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 23, 2013, 09:57:28 PM
will he be manager in 18mths time, somehow I doubt it.
nil satis nisi optimum

T Fearon

Looks like a Di Matteo type of appointment by Levy.Doubt if even winning the Champions League will keep Sherwood in post the minute a big name becomes available.

J OGorman

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 23, 2013, 10:04:17 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on December 23, 2013, 09:57:28 PM
will he be manager in 18mths time, somehow I doubt it.

you're awful sore on managers lad

ONeill

Quote from: T Fearon on December 24, 2013, 06:39:20 AM
Looks like a Di Matteo type of appointment by Levy.Doubt if even winning the Champions League will keep Sherwood in post the minute a big name becomes available.

They've a great chance of winning it though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rodney trotter

Sherwood will have Spurs playing good football at the least, I thought they looked dull under avb. Overlooking adebayor for so long was crazy stuff by villas-boas, especially with soldado not delevering

Don't think villas boas is a great managee, 2 jobs now where he has had dissapointing spells. Maybe there was too much read into his succes with Porto. Portuguese league isnt that great.

Remains to be seen will sherwood be there long time given the way levy sacks managers

Sidney

Triffic appointment by Tottenham. Tim Sherwood is a proper football man and the players will respect him, unlike with Villas Boas.

Who would you respect more? Somebody who never played the game at any level and got their knowledge of football from reading books, Zonal Marking and Jonathan Wilson articles, or a Premier League-winning captain?

Expect Tottenham to abandon the boring, dour, fearful, negative hoofball of the continental man and return to their traditional, exciting, attractive, attacking, technically focussed passing game under the Englishman.