Let's all laugh at Totteringham

Started by ONeill, August 11, 2007, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Interesting question. I wouldn't necessarily agree, although if you score the penalty then absolutely. Maybe it's because Liverpool have missed so many this year that I'm doubting it.

brokencrossbar1

Thankfully for everyone the 5th goal takes the sting out of any issue.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 15, 2012, 07:53:08 PM

Not a hope expect a long long week of ghost goals...
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

True enough. Poor 'Arry woz robbed innit. Good Job lamps and jt are playing for Chelsea or the daily mail would explode.

Rossie11

Did cech even get a yellow card for the incident? Don't think he did.
I think in instances like this it should be a red and the goal allowed. The fact that Bale
was in the right place was no concern of cech when he took down the striker.
He was stopping a goal scoring opportunity first and foremost. This offence is a straight
red regardless of what happens afterwards.
Chelsea were the better team over the 90 but they were given a huge help by the officials
to make it a handy win.

haranguerer

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 15, 2012, 07:53:08 PM

Thats what the general opinion will be, but we all know how much games can be affected by the smallest variables, and psychological swings. From a logical pov, had the ref dealt with the two talking points differently, then Tottenham would have probably been 1-1 v 10 men. Hard to see them lose it from there.

It was funny though to see Southgate argue that conceding the controverisal goal actually helped tottenham becuase they felt aggrieved and upped it for a bit  ;D

deiseach

Quote from: haranguerer on April 15, 2012, 10:27:19 PM
From a logical pov, had the ref dealt with the two talking points differently, then Tottenham would have probably been 1-1 v 10 men. Hard to see them lose it from there.

How is that 'logical'? If the Mata goal was disallowed then the rest of the game is completely different. Chelsea remain 1-0 up and the Bale goal never happens. Remember Frank Lampard's 'goal' for England against Germany in the last World Cup? That would have left it at 2-2 yet no-one says England were robbed because they were stuffed on the day as were Spurs today.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Martin Atkinson. What the hell was he thinking?

Bingo

Harry on the phone to the FA this morning asking where he can hand in his CV i'd imagine. Spurs season is really starting to come off the rails big time. Not playing Freidel was a big mistake I think.

Spurs look a very tired team, lack of a squad and many games on old legs is telling now. They'll do exceptionally well to stay in the top 4.

blewuporstuffed

who gets credited with chelseas second 'goal' ?
the ref seemed to award it to mata, but terry was the last chelsea player it hit
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 16, 2012, 10:56:28 AM
who gets credited with chelseas second 'goal' ?
the ref seemed to award it to mata, but terry was the last chelsea player it hit

Des Cahill posted a picture on twitter this morning that suggests it wasn't as clear cut as it appeared, Still think it didn't fully cross the line but was on the line in and air at the very least.

deiseach

Quote from: Bingo on April 16, 2012, 11:09:08 AM
Des Cahill posted a picture on twitter this morning that suggests it wasn't as clear cut as it appeared, Still think it didn't fully cross the line but was on the line in and air at the very least.

Still doesn't look like a goal. And if the ref uses this image to justify his decision then he is quite literally one-eyed.

AZOffaly

Sure the angle there will always make it look further in. And even then it doesn't look in.

Bingo

Yeah, I don't think it was in but compared to the TV pictures it looked closer.

Cudicini's reaction is telling, he thinks he got the free out and takes moments for him to realise its a goal been given. Actually surprised no has commented on Terrys challenge in the build up, he takes two or three men out of it and not got near the ball or really intended to. Good old fashion forward play.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Worker

Will arry get the sack for only guiding spurs to Europa league?