Follow Meath Up To Carlow (Reprise)

Started by thejuice, May 28, 2012, 05:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Double header with Louth v Dublin. How many does Portlaoise hold? Parking was always a pain followed by a long march up to the stadium.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Farrandeelin

Quote from: thejuice on May 14, 2019, 06:45:10 PM
Double header with Louth v Dublin. How many does Portlaoise hold? Parking was always a pain followed by a long march up to the stadium.

But Portlaoise wasn't big enough to hold De Dubz when they were to play Laois...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thejuice

Yeah but I guess the demand for tickets isn't as high anymore given the opposition and the damp squib Leinster has become. Although I'd say the Dubs would probably be more keen to go see us get beat by Carlow than seeing themselves hammer Louth.

This one will have three sets of fans against us so it's going to be an intimidating atmosphere for our young lads.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Dinny Breen

Quote from: meathie on May 13, 2019, 12:09:54 PM
5pm, Portlaoise. I hate getting out of Portlaoise after a game!!!

What! Portlaoise is as easy in and as easy out as they come. Park here
#newbridgeornowhere

Itchy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 17, 2019, 09:46:54 AM
Quote from: meathie on May 13, 2019, 12:09:54 PM
5pm, Portlaoise. I hate getting out of Portlaoise after a game!!!

What! Portlaoise is as easy in and as easy out as they come. Park here

You'll never get a tractor and trailer parked there

thejuice

Dinny Breen

Quote from: thejuice on May 21, 2019, 10:41:12 PM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0521/1050877-carlow-trio-have-hefty-bans-upheld-by-croke-park/?fbclid=IwAR0JnuYknCirBTC_Z8OtavChiacTIKUo8nqIL5LdZbriBUc1osOffHxwmVQ

Bans upheld for O'Brien, Poacher and Murphy.

Would this effectively ruin any chance for Carlow from a neutral point of view?

Delighted for them and good to see the ban upheld. Poacher is a scar on the game.

Meath will need to be patient like Dublin 2 years ago and unlike Kildare last year. If you try to force it Carlow's defensive system will gobble up loose ball and hit you on the break, Broderick is their go to man.  The loss of the sideline and Poachers mouthing will be a factor and Brendan Murphy will be hard to replace, so I don't give them any chance. Most neutral's would sooner Meath go through than Carlow, Meath play a nicer brand of football and the chip on the shoulder #carlowrising has become very tiresome.
#newbridgeornowhere

Crete Boom

Where did Poacher come from? I know he is a Down man but his rise to prominence with Carlow seemed to come out of nowhere! Does he have a healthy track record with any other counties or clubs?

Godsown

Quote from: Crete Boom on May 22, 2019, 12:51:44 PM
Where did Poacher come from? I know he is a Down man but his rise to prominence with Carlow seemed to come out of nowhere! Does he have a healthy track record with any other counties or clubs?
Poacher had already been suspended by Down for a good part of last year for bring a dick. No track record of success at all except self publicity

thejuice

Carlow were without Murphy last year against Kildare and I'm sure they'll have been prepared for the suspensions anyway. If Carlow play that way again they'll cause us problems unless we can find something extra. I think perhaps our bench will get us through this one as well but it's by no means as clear cut as the bookies have it.

Gmac

Quote from: thejuice on May 22, 2019, 11:30:39 PM
Carlow were without Murphy last year against Kildare and I'm sure they'll have been prepared for the suspensions anyway. If Carlow play that way again they'll cause us problems unless we can find something extra. I think perhaps our bench will get us through this one as well but it's by no means as clear cut as the bookies have it.
carlow are a one trick pony ,they have a few fast guys who can carry at pace but were relegated back to div4 so Meath should win by 7/8 , they should've got their wake up call last time out

larryin89

Spoke to a few Carlow players last weekend as they were out training in malahide , seemed very upbeat and confident about the challenge ahead . But I suppose they're hardly going to say "I think we'll lose " . At near 6/1 I'll have to have a tenner on them though .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

thejuice

Meath (Leinster SFC v Carlow):
Andrew Colgan;

Seamus Lavin,
Conor McGill,
Shane Gallagher;

James McEntee,
Donal Keogan,
Gavin McCoy;

Bryan Menton,
Adam Flanagan;

Cillian O'Sullivan,
Bryan McMahon,
Ben Brennan;

Barry Dardis,
Michael Newman,
Thomas O'Reilly.

Subs: Marcus Brennan, Ronan Ryan, James Conlon, Eoin Lynch, Padraic Harnan, Ethan Devine, Sean Tobin, Graham Reilly, Sean Curran, Darragh Campion, Thomas McGovern.

Same again but Flanagan replacing the injured Shane McEntee. I'd probably have left Dardis off as he wasn't influential enough against Offaly but it seems Andy has found his formula and is sticking to it. Good that James McEntee is fit for this one but he needs to put in some hard work today which was absent the last day.

thejuice