Live Earth

Started by DrinkingHarp, July 07, 2007, 11:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 08, 2007, 10:48:25 PM
Of course it is a worldwide problem, but America is one of the worst offenders, along with China. They should sort themselves out before preaching to others. Did they ever sign up to the Kyoto Protocol ?

No, but that's hardly Gore's fault seeing as he was the one who negotiated the agreement. The American reaction was that it was much too high an economic cost for what they claim would probably have been a negligible benefit in terms of the effect it would have on slowing down climate change, while they also objected to the exemptions the likes of China received.

Gore is doing this as a private citizen, not as a US government representative.

Great Leap Forward

I had f**k all on at the weekend so I have to admit watching a lot of the concert, as well as switching to BBC digital to watch some of the other venues.

Highlights:

Foo Fighters: The only band who seemed to grasp they were playing at a studium.

Madonna: Like her or loathe her she knows how to put on a show.

Toni Collette in Sydney: This sholudn't have worked but it did.

Lowlights:

Spinal Tap: The joke was never funny so why try to bring them back.

James Blunt: His surname provides an apt rhyming slang alernative.

Genesis: What the f**k? I have yet to meet anyone who actually likes them.

Shakira in Hamburg. Her Breasts are small and humble, her hips don't lie and her voice is shit.

johnneycool

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 08, 2007, 10:48:25 PM
Of course it is a worldwide problem, but America is one of the worst offenders, along with China. They should sort themselves out before preaching to others. Did they ever sign up to the Kyoto Protocol ?

If we stop buying all the unnecesssary crap that is produced in China in particular, they'll stop burning coal producing it. Simple as.