Cork on hols

Started by bennydorano, June 29, 2007, 12:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Heading down to Cork (Crookhaven -West Cork) on hols Saturday week, if the long range weather forecast is accurate tis going to pish.  Any recommendations? Where would the nearest town that would have amusements etc.. be as I've a couple of children to entertain?

Candyman

Benny not 100% sure but i think the Bullets r on in Cork that weekend... defo not to be missed, great craic and maybe a few bob to be made aswell!!  ;)

bennydorano

They are indeed, Skibereen isn't it?  Can't see a 4 yr old and a 1yr old hoofing a couple miles watching bullets :)

Long time dead

Jesus Benny that is some spin - are you driving the whole way in one go?

Candyman

the roads usually change but i'll find out!!
lock them in the car with a bottle of TK red lemonade and a packet of kings crisps, should do the trick!!  :D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: bennydorano on June 29, 2007, 12:35:17 PM
Heading down to Cork (Crookhaven -West Cork) on hols Saturday week, if the long range weather forecast is accurate tis going to pish.  Any recommendations? Where would the nearest town that would have amusements etc.. be as I've a couple of children to entertain?

You may get something in Goleen, of failing that Skull -- you can check them out on your way through to Crookhaven.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

bennydorano

Quote from: Long time dead on June 29, 2007, 12:57:34 PM
Jesus Benny that is some spin - are you driving the whole way in one go?

Wouldn't have thought it.  Leaving very early and hoping to aviod any traffick in around Oxygen.  Clonakilty's bound to have a few bumping cars and the like ???

brokencrossbar1

There should be something around clonakilty but you are at least 45 minutes on a good day away from there.  The good thing is that there are generally plenty of festivals in the early weeks of July which always have things on for kids.

I'll keep a look out in the papers this week for you.  I know that the Kinsale Arts Festival starts on the 7th July and there is stuff for the kids and adults but it is 2 hours from you.

Orior

Please leave the place tidy Benny. I'm heading down the week after you.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Mess it up good and proper, Orior going down the week after you.
Testing Accessibility

bennydorano

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 29, 2007, 04:26:21 PM
There should be something around clonakilty but you are at least 45 minutes on a good day away from there.  The good thing is that there are generally plenty of festivals in the early weeks of July which always have things on for kids.

I'll keep a look out in the papers this week for you.  I know that the Kinsale Arts Festival starts on the 7th July and there is stuff for the kids and adults but it is 2 hours from you.

Cheers BC, is the weather as shit on the Irish riviera as it is up here normally?

maddog

Bennydorano contacted me yesterday to express his disgust at the policy of the hotel towards GAA matches.
"we only show international sports" he was told when he asked to put the match on. ;D
Rebel county my hole. ;)

Hardy

What hotel was that? So that the substantial booze budget of the Hardy household and extended hangers-on can be withdrawn from it, if necessary.

maddog

Quote from: Hardy on July 09, 2007, 05:53:56 PM
What hotel was that? So that the substantial booze budget of the Hardy household and extended hangers-on can be withdrawn from it, if necessary.

This one

http://www.barleycovebeachhotel.com/