Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: oliverkelly on November 29, 2019, 12:20:25 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 29, 2019, 10:38:30 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 29, 2019, 10:28:54 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on November 29, 2019, 10:18:54 AM
Sacked! Poch in next?

Would it be the biggest managerial shock of all time if Poch went? He might be that f'ed off with Spurs to do it....

I'd be amazed, far more attractive jobs will come available in next 6 months.

Not sure about that, Poch has said he would never manage Barca. United are dogshite and Arsenal have a better squad and better facilities than them. Only other better job would be the current Bayern opening or maybe Mdraid

No one is taking the Arsenal job over the Utd one. No matter about squads or facilities (all subjective btw). There's no vacancy at Utd being the difference at the minute. Any top class manager who would be offered both, picks the Utd job everyday and twice on a Sunday.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: oliverkelly on November 29, 2019, 12:20:25 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 29, 2019, 10:38:30 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 29, 2019, 10:28:54 AM
Sacked! Poch in next?

Would it be the biggest managerial shock of all time if Poch went? He might be that f'ed off with Spurs to do it....

I'd be amazed, far more attractive jobs will come available in next 6 months.

Not sure about that, Poch has said he would never manage Barca. United are dogshite and Arsenal have a better squad and better facilities than them. Only other better job would be the current Bayern opening or maybe Mdraid

There's nobody apart from an Arsenal fan who's picking the Arsenal job over United. Arsenal's & United's squad are much of the same, Arsenal have an issue at the back whilst United have issues in midfield. Arsenal have very little to spend going forward and if they don't make top 4 or win the Europa League their in big trouble. The don't have too many players who can generate big transfer fees either given the front 2's ages.

Main Street

It was a tough ask for a manager to take over after Wenger, one of the all time great manager/coaches and football personalities.

Which club would Mourinho have chosen if offered the choice, Spurs or Arsenal?

screenexile

lurganblue

Freddie Ljungberg is being touted about.  Is that showing ambition? or would that only be an interim thing?

johnnycool

Quote from: lurganblue on November 29, 2019, 03:24:46 PM
Freddie Ljungberg is being touted about.  Is that showing ambition? or would that only be an interim thing?

Where's Pat Rice when you need him.

Captain Obvious

Sacked! Poch in next?

Loads of money placed on Allegri and is now the favourite at 13/8.  A much better option than the sacked Tottenham manager who probably wasn't in the running to replace Emery.

rodney trotter

It's said Allegri wants to wait until end of season, instead of taking over a Club during the season. He speaks very little English too.

Brendan Rogers would be a good choice. He would probaly be better to stay with Leicester and try and get them in CL. Nuno Santo suppose to be interested. He's done a good job at Wolves

Ball Hopper

ONeill

Still not as bad as George Graham's last few months.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on December 06, 2019, 09:11:43 PM
Still not as bad as George Graham's last few months.

Still won a Cup Winners Cup. This is the worst I remember.

ONeill

Arsenal never really addressed why Wenger was losing 4, 5, 6 and 8 goals to top sides regularly.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on December 06, 2019, 11:11:36 PM
Arsenal never really addressed why Wenger was losing 4, 5, 6 and 8 goals to top sides regularly.

It has to be a mentality and coaching issue. Luiz looks nowhere near as assured as he did at Chelsea.

Denn Forever

Never found Luis's best position. Not discipled enough for Center half, Midfield prone to go Awol but good at free kicks.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

rodney trotter

Ancelotti sacked after guiding Napoli into last 16. Poor form in the League. He'll probaly come into the equation for Arsenal.
He might be too laid back to get Arsenal back firing.  They complained about his training methods at Munich, same Napoli.