The Best Burger?

Started by JoG2, November 20, 2018, 09:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on January 14, 2019, 08:46:48 PM
Speaking of rubbish food.  Frankie & Benny's has to be the worst chain of eateries about.  Don't understand the popularity.

Poor stuff and expensive for shit food but kids love the place! Think the menu is big so it gives families choice!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 14, 2019, 08:24:45 PM
Never have been a fan. Kfc must better in my book lol.
KFC better than Nandos? Nah. I do like a KFC but Nandos is better. Always get the butterfly chicken with the macho peas.
The one near me does takeaway also!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Quote from: laoislad on January 14, 2019, 08:54:34 PM
KFC better than Nandos? Nah. I do like a KFC but Nandos is better. Always get the butterfly chicken with the macho peas.

Would always get KFC if I'm in another country... I like the chicken pieces on the bone but if you get them here they are literally dripping in grease for some reason and that's not the case in other countries!

Frankie & Bemny's is total muck! Also any Wetherspoons!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on January 14, 2019, 09:10:04 PM

Would always get KFC if I'm in another country... I like the chicken pieces on the bone but if you get them here they are literally dripping in grease for some reason and that's not the case in other countries!

I'd take the odd Tennesse burger and a pint in Wetherspoons in Edinburgh Airport. Decent enough packing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 14, 2019, 10:15:05 PM

I'd take the odd Tennesse burger and a pint in Wetherspoons in Edinburgh Airport. Decent enough packing.

Was my nightly haunt in Buxton for 7 months!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2019, 10:29:20 PM

How was Buxton? Had a heavy enough night out in it 22 years ago!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 14, 2019, 10:41:30 PM

It's a hideaway place stuck away from reality! Beautiful town with lovely architecture and of course the constant flow of Buxton spring water at an open fountain..

Great bars and decent restaurants, the locals though are inbred! Drank mainly in Buxton brewery bar. Weatherspoons was good for cheap food! Couple of great cocktail bars one dodgy nite club..

I enjoyed it though, great views around the hills and full of ramblers and tourists. Wouldn't mind going back with the wife

Tony Baloney

Aye it's a nice part of the world. I spent a month and half tramping around the Peak District years ago. Lovely around Castleton, Edale, Kinder etc. Like you I keep saying I'll go back but still haven't got around to it.

Don Johnson

Quote from: Franko on January 14, 2019, 08:46:48 PM
Speaking of rubbish food.  Frankie & Benny's has to be the worst chain of eateries about.  Don't understand the popularity.

It is absolute shite. See also TGI fridays.

thewobbler

Frankie & Bennys is the most vile of all the vile chain restaurants.

It's actually really disappointing that the premium chain restaurant concept from the States is so poorly replicated in this part of the world. Over there, Chillis, Outback, Applebee's, Cracker Barrel, are all worth pulling over for a visit. Good, copious food and not too expensive.

When translated to the UK/Ireland, everything goes bland, yet the price goes up.

It will maybe dawn on franchisees soon that these places work best when they're out of town - reduced rates, and increased parking spaces - and maybe then they might spend more on ingredients.

paddyjohn

Mikeys in Belfast is decent..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 15, 2019, 03:19:40 PM
Mikeys in Belfast is decent..
Is that the place near the Northern Whig? If so then yes, I  had a dirty burger out of there after a few pints and it didn't touch the sides.

Over the Bar

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 14, 2019, 10:41:30 PM

Lloyd Cole's hometown. His family ran a pub  there in the 1990s which I spent a hazy evening in!  ;D

cadhlancian

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 14, 2019, 08:40:13 PM
Was always hard to beat Paddy Donnelly's chippy in Coalisland. And if you didn't like burgers, he had a great John Wayne supper.
Jaysus , I put away some Cowboy suppers in Paddy Donnelly's over the years, decent chicken burgers as well...