Star Wars

Started by omaghjoe, December 15, 2015, 10:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Fields

Quote from: laoislad on December 16, 2015, 03:12:23 PM
So for someone like me,who has never watched any Star Wars movies, would I want to watch them before I watch this new one?

You will tell us three more times before the c**k crows!!!

omaghjoe

Quote from: ziggysego on December 16, 2015, 03:20:54 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 16, 2015, 03:18:41 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on December 16, 2015, 03:15:34 PM
The real laoislad has probably watched them, so you're covered.
Nope. I have also never watched them.

Wait? Are you two different people?

Well u tell us, does he have the same IP address?

easytiger95

First memory of the cinema is being brought to a double bill in the Adelphi in 1981 of Star Wars/Empire (double bills!!!)

Had every figure I could lay my hands on - now my young fella is just gone 4 and got scared when I brought him to "the Good Dinosaur" (spoiler alert - it is bloody scary!) so I reckon he'll have to wait until this era's Empire to feel the Force.

I would have a go at all the super cool 70s children denying ever seeing any of it ...but I fear if I strike them down they will become more powerful than I could ever imagine...

J70

Quote from: omaghjoe on December 15, 2015, 11:46:16 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 15, 2015, 11:31:57 PM
Was always more of a trekkie myself. Never got the fascination with Star Wars. The first three were decent, enjoyable films, but no more worthy of excitement than numerous other films from the period.

As for the 90s/00s prequels, I sat through the first one, and having been close to walking out after 15 minutes of Jar Jar Binks, I wasn't arsed with the others and never saw them.

I'll give the new one a look when it comes out on demand for tv, but that will be about it.

Haha watched this a while back... its a JarJarless Phantom Menance, he really didnt bring much to the table did poor old JarJar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs5xOdJne_o

:)

JPGJOHNNYG

For all the family guy fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x29y535_blue-harvest_fun

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2bfh2z_family-guy-something-something-something-dark-side_fun

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v20662087gBm5WWAc?h1=Family+Guy+-+It%27s+a+Trap!

Just watched the 3 prequels and will move onto the original trilogy before watching the new one.
Revenge of the sith was actually OK but the other 2 were dreadful. The CGI was unforgivable though considering Lucas actually pioneered so many things to do the first films, it looked like an old playstation game or something. I can see why the new director wanted to go back to 'real' effects and less of the blue screen shite. George Lucas did a fine job at the beginning but those ewoks in Jedi were the beginning of the downfall - should have just done the same film but with wookies.

AZOffaly

How could you do it with wookies? Sure no wookies lived on Endor? Madness.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 16, 2015, 09:48:39 PM
How could you do it with wookies? Sure no wookies lived on Endor? Madness.

Once chewie had found the planet and told his mates about the forests of endor and their suitable habitat and the huge supply of tasty ewok meat then the wookies would have colonized that place in a flash.

AZOffaly

The Ewoks would have taken them out with their clever use of stones on rope, pointy sticks and battering rams. The wookies would have been wood hut decorations in no time at all.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 16, 2015, 10:06:56 PM
The Ewoks would have taken them out with their clever use of stones on rope, pointy sticks and battering rams. The wookies would have been wood hut decorations in no time at all.

Ha ha stop it your bringing back too many bad memories. Why could those supposed crack shot storm troopers suddenly not be able to hit anything 5 yards away. I remember a whole company of stormtroopers dying and yet maybe only 1 ewok lol

ONeill

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 16, 2015, 01:23:23 PM
Any of you lads born in the 1970s saying you have never watched any of the original Star Wars trilogy are talking ballix I would say.

I'm one of your bollixes. Probably seen bits of them. Can't recall watching one in its entirety. The wife has been educating the son on them over the last few weeks and still no appeal for me to watch them. But then you wouldn't watch the shit I do.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on December 16, 2015, 11:05:24 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 16, 2015, 01:23:23 PM
Any of you lads born in the 1970s saying you have never watched any of the original Star Wars trilogy are talking ballix I would say.

I'm one of your bollixes. Probably seen bits of them. Can't recall watching one in its entirety. The wife has been educating the son on them over the last few weeks and still no appeal for me to watch them. But then you wouldn't watch the shit I do.
Come on sit down with the lad and show a bit of interest.

seafoid

I was in a toy shop with my daughter and the Star wars merchandising was everywhere. Targeting kids. Tsk tsk.

Minder

Quote from: seafoid on December 17, 2015, 12:04:44 AM
I was in a toy shop with my daughter and the Star wars merchandising was everywhere. Targeting kids. Tsk tsk.

The merchandising is insane since Disney are now involved
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

clarshack

Just home from the midnight showing.
Big yes from me.

annapr

Do the Skelligs feature in it much?