The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

I've said it before, but this site desperately needs some sane, intelligent conservative contributers. This thread and many of those like it have gone to the f**king dogs and aren't worth bothering with any more. Most of it is taken up with futile (as in logic and facts don't seem to matter) attempts to debunk far right, paranoid, half-baked nonsense. Its like a never-ending game of whack-a-mole. Same shit keeps coming back, unchanged, undeterred, unmoved by reason and logic and evidence.

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on February 26, 2018, 02:12:09 PM
I've said it before, but this site desperately needs some sane, intelligent conservative contributers. This thread and many of those like it have gone to the f**king dogs and aren't worth bothering with any more. Most of it is taken up with futile (as in logic and facts don't seem to matter) attempts to debunk far right, paranoid, half-baked nonsense. Its like a never-ending game of whack-a-mole. Same shit keeps coming back, unchanged, undeterred, unmoved by reason and logic and evidence.
I think that is a reflection of what has happened conservatism as politics has become polarised. There are very few reasonable people left in the GOP in DC now. Flake and Collins are the only names that spring to mind.

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 26, 2018, 02:03:55 PM
Musilm family have lived next door to me for 12 years, both work, have property that they rent out, 3 very smart kids that have nearly all finished their college courses and will be staying to get jobs, they are not shy and sometimes I've to make up and excuse to get into the house when the husband is waffeling on! Ive never heard a peep from them or when their extended family or friends come round and close down the road in their fancy cars! All paying tax!

The father even went to work in London to be near the son who was having a mare while in College in London, eventaully taking him back home to finish the course in Queens, Ive yet to find this Muslim you talk about stew, though I know plent of fecking home grown wasters who'll not think twice about stealing your car , break into your house and tell you how to get the most money from the dole!!

But hey, Muslims are an easy target, bit like the Irish when they first went to England and the States
I'm not disagreeing with you but that type of response just plays along with Stew's racist agenda and empowers his type of argument.
The real issue here is the blaggardly racist agenda, not the integrity of muslims.

stew

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 26, 2018, 01:50:31 PM
Stew, FFS. Would you look at what you're saying.

" I have never seen a single one work in Armagh, not a f**king one of them!"
" I do see the fact they are cold, unfriendly people so far to a man/woman."

Do you not realise how that sounds? Are you seriously saying that every single Muslim person who is allowed to work (what's the rules around them working in NI?) is refusing to? And they are all 'cold and unfriendly'. I mean seriously?

You are the master of hyperbole, but that sort of talk is straight out of UKIP. Is that whom you wish to be aligned with, in terms of your thinking?  And have you ever, once, thought that maybe they are not 'cold and unfriendly' people. Maybe they are thousands of miles from home, shy and nervous, and avoiding social interaction precisely because of the sort of venom you have just said? If I was in a town where I knew people said I was a lazy sponger, and very unfriendly and 'cold', I'd be avoiding too much contact, hoping to avoid confrontation.

I have three families of them living in my apartment block, they are rude, inconsiderate arseholes who leave the front door open so everyone can hear them scream at one another, ther parties are special, they have had the cops called on them twice an d one of the f**kers was arrested once for batin seven shades of shit out of his missus, and her with a newborn, its madness.

Of course not all of them are spongers, they are like everyone else in that there are good and bad among their people, I have yet to experience any good at all to be honest, that said point taken on the Irish that would steal the eye out of your head, as for UKIP, no, I wold not want to be aligned with them, I am speaking to my experience thus far.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: J70 on February 26, 2018, 02:12:09 PM

I know right! Where would we be without your liberal calm, the leftist rationale?

stew

Quote from: Main Street on February 26, 2018, 05:26:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 26, 2018, 02:03:55 PM
Musilm family have lived next door to me for 12 years, both work, have property that they rent out, 3 very smart kids that have nearly all finished their college courses and will be staying to get jobs, they are not shy and sometimes I've to make up and excuse to get into the house when the husband is waffeling on! Ive never heard a peep from them or when their extended family or friends come round and close down the road in their fancy cars! All paying tax!

The father even went to work in London to be near the son who was having a mare while in College in London, eventaully taking him back home to finish the course in Queens, Ive yet to find this Muslim you talk about stew, though I know plent of fecking home grown wasters who'll not think twice about stealing your car , break into your house and tell you how to get the most money from the dole!!

But hey, Muslims are an easy target, bit like the Irish when they first went to England and the States
I'm not disagreeing with you but that type of response just plays along with Stew's racist agenda and empowers his type of argument.
The real issue here is the blaggardly racist agenda, not the integrity of muslims.

Just because liberals claim racism does not mean that racism exists lads, true story.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stew on February 26, 2018, 10:34:49 PM

Do you not realise how that sounds? Are you seriously saying that every single Muslim person who is allowed to work (what's the rules around them working in NI?) is refusing to? And they are all 'cold and unfriendly'. I mean seriously?

You are the master of hyperbole, but that sort of talk is straight out of UKIP. Is that whom you wish to be aligned with, in terms of your thinking?  And have you ever, once, thought that maybe they are not 'cold and unfriendly' people. Maybe they are thousands of miles from home, shy and nervous, and avoiding social interaction precisely because of the sort of venom you have just said? If I was in a town where I knew people said I was a lazy sponger, and very unfriendly and 'cold', I'd be avoiding too much contact, hoping to avoid confrontation.

I have three families of them living in my apartment block, they are rude, inconsiderate arseholes who leave the front door open so everyone can hear them scream at one another, ther parties are special, they have had the cops called on them twice an d one of the f**kers was arrested once for batin seven shades of shit out of his missus, and her with a newborn, its madness.

Of course not all of them are spongers, they are like everyone else in that there are good and bad among their people, I have yet to experience any good at all to be honest, that said point taken on the Irish that would steal the eye out of your head, as for UKIP, no, I wold not want to be aligned with them, I am speaking to my experience thus far.

Over 3000 deaths in the north during the troubles, no Muslims involved during that period, just good old white Europeans, you know the type?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stew

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 26, 2018, 10:38:16 PM

Over 3000 deaths in the north during the troubles, no Muslims involved during that period, just good old white Europeans, you know the type?

The 14 Muslims that were here behaved impeccably during the troubles it's a pity they cant stop gang raping women in Sweden however, since, you know, they have hit that country like a tidal wave!

95.6% of rapes in Sweden are said to be caused by Foreign nationals, rape is up over 1600% since the eighties, that is madness!

Oraisteach

Stew, my experience of Muslims is entirely different.  In my over 30 years of teaching, I've taught a good number of Muslims, and all, bar none, have been excellent. Bright and highly motivated, they've gone on to be doctors, lawyers, engineers.

I recall, too, growing up in Armagh at a time when no one knew a Muslim from a half door and the only person without a pale face was Gupta in Ogle Street. Then, there were a couple of Irish families in my own neighborhood who were not averse to starting a row.

Rudeness is not particular to one creed or one ethnic group. It is a universally human trait.

Milltown Row2

Jesus lad you have a twisted logic! Sweden? Go to bed you'll feel better
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on February 26, 2018, 10:48:40 PM
Stew, my experience of Muslims is entirely different.  In my over 30 years of teaching, I've taught a good number of Muslims, and all, bar none, have been excellent. Bright and highly motivated, they've gone on to be doctors, lawyers, engineers.

I recall, too, growing up in Armagh at a time when no one knew a Muslim from a half door and the only person without a pale face was Gupta in Ogle Street. Then, there were a couple of Irish families in my own neighborhood who were not averse to starting a row.

Rudeness is not particular to one creed or one ethnic group. It is a universally human trait.

I know this, one of my best mates is a Muslim Doctor from Cyprus, I am simply saying that the ones I have met since I have been back, and I have a small sample size have been absolute c***ts! Thats all I am saying!

macdanger2

Quote from: stew on February 26, 2018, 10:46:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 26, 2018, 10:38:16 PM

The 14 Muslims that were here behaved impeccably during the troubles it's a pity they cant stop gang raping women in Sweden however, since, you know, they have hit that country like a tidal wave!

95.6% of rapes in Sweden are said to be caused by Foreign nationals, rape is up over 1600% since the eighties, that is madness!

Have you a link for these stats? Cos they sound like complete bullshit. For the first to be true, 288/6560 rapes would need to be carried out by Swedes and the remaining 6272 by foreigners. For the second to be true, there would need to have been only 410 rape cases in 1980

Eamonnca1

Snopes rates the Swedish rape claim as False.

QuoteCrime In Sweden, Part I: Is Sweden the 'Rape Capital' of Europe?
Claims that Sweden leads the world in sexual assault and rape are not supported by data.

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 27, 2018, 12:47:43 AM
Snopes rates the Swedish rape claim as False.

QuoteCrime In Sweden, Part I: Is Sweden the 'Rape Capital' of Europe?
Claims that Sweden leads the world in sexual assault and rape are not supported by data.

The Swedish Govt refuses to break the data down by race/ethnicity, the figures I quoted were from independent companies.

heganboy

My figures show that all rapes in Sweden were carried out by a guy call Sven. He's blonde, about yo high, and an atheist from Hammarstrand.

That is an independent opinion.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity