Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

The display's recently (most of the year TBH) are a worry and cause for concern, I keep thinking things will click and we'll turn the corner but we'r now 2/3's thru the season and it doesn't look likely now. There are so many things wrong atm that it's hard to point we're going wrong. Our only saviour for this season is Sevco are every bit as shit as us and therefore should be an exciting end to the season minus the quality.
Without making excuses but without a fit CCV at the back that has been a big loss, Hatate gives us the spark who has been injured all season and not replacing Jota with real quality is massive. Our wing play is rank rotten atm, Abada's head is back in Israel or somewhere else but not in Glasgow. Palma is an individual player and not a team player and I just can't have him. Kyogo is so low in confidence he's like a different player...We are nothing like last years team and that's why we look ordinary...IMHO
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Itchy

Quote from: illdecide on February 08, 2024, 11:38:39 AMThe display's recently (most of the year TBH) are a worry and cause for concern, I keep thinking things will click and we'll turn the corner but we'r now 2/3's thru the season and it doesn't look likely now. There are so many things wrong atm that it's hard to point we're going wrong. Our only saviour for this season is Sevco are every bit as shit as us and therefore should be an exciting end to the season minus the quality.
Without making excuses but without a fit CCV at the back that has been a big loss, Hatate gives us the spark who has been injured all season and not replacing Jota with real quality is massive. Our wing play is rank rotten atm, Abada's head is back in Israel or somewhere else but not in Glasgow. Palma is an individual player and not a team player and I just can't have him. Kyogo is so low in confidence he's like a different player...We are nothing like last years team and that's why we look ordinary...IMHO

Don't think the problem is at the back really (at least domestically), its creating and scoring. Things are getting worse as the year has gone on and last night they were really poor and sloppy. Totally blessed to win.

No1

Lucky win last night.  No pace or aggression at the moment and very slow and laboured playing out from the back.  In mitigation CCV and Reo are massive players to be missing from that team.  They also really miss Jota, he was a league above any of the other wingers we have but he was never gonna turn down whatever money he was offered.  I don't think getting rid of the manager would solve anything at this point.  Just need to dog it out this season and hope for the best.

I'm not really up on all the Board issues, has there been a major change there since Ange left or what is the craic? 

bannside

Buy from the bargain bucket, or get players on loan that are out of favour somewhere else. That's the plan and hope that the drop in grade allows them to find a new lease of life or fulfil their original promise.

Celtic are more like a functioning corporate, existing for financial profit than any kind of club with aspirations to achieve at a high level.

Buy cheap, get lucky with the odd Moravchik, Larsson or Van Dyke, and do just about enough to qualify for a few big nights in Europe under the lights.

Lawell gets his annual bonus which allows him to be one of the highest paid employees in European Soccer and....rinse and repeat.

Even the most loyal and dedicated supporters are starting to see through this charade.

Ange came along and lifted the gloom with by working his magic, playing great football and winning trophies...but the cracks are resurfacing quicker than we could have imagined.

Hound

Liel Abada could leave on loan as the Israel winger "does not feel quite right or ready" to play for Celtic.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68316728

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on February 16, 2024, 10:23:02 PMLiel Abada could leave on loan as the Israel winger "does not feel quite right or ready" to play for Celtic.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68316728

He's as compromised as Ricky Villa and Ossie Ardiles were (with Spurs) during the Falklands war.

marty34

Rogers should be getting the P45 now.

paddyjohn

Disgrace. Absolute disgrace. Gifting them manky tramps a treble.

illdecide

What do you say...seriously. Players are all over the place and badly out of form, new signings are pathetic. Gifting Sevco the league and letting them have that £50-£60m is criminal. I can tell you all something you already know...When they win the league and get their hands on that money they will invest it in the team and they will tr**p us into the ground and when they have their foot on our throats they will no let it up, that's the difference between us and them. We had them in that position and let them back up off the floor, they will not do the same.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

clarshack

Quote from: illdecide on February 18, 2024, 10:11:54 PMWhat do you say...seriously. Players are all over the place and badly out of form, new signings are pathetic. Gifting Sevco the league and letting them have that £50-£60m is criminal. I can tell you all something you already know...When they win the league and get their hands on that money they will invest it in the team and they will tr**p us into the ground and when they have their foot on our throats they will no let it up, that's the difference between us and them. We had them in that position and let them back up off the floor, they will not do the same.

You're absolutely right.

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on February 18, 2024, 10:11:54 PMWhat do you say...seriously. Players are all over the place and badly out of form, new signings are pathetic. Gifting Sevco the league and letting them have that £50-£60m is criminal. I can tell you all something you already know...When they win the league and get their hands on that money they will invest it in the team and they will tr**p us into the ground and when they have their foot on our throats they will no let it up, that's the difference between us and them. We had them in that position and let them back up off the floor, they will not do the same.

and nor should they. We have been a disgrace. This is covid all over again, or the willo flood year

Applesisapples

Rodgers has struggled to mould a squad that were set up to play Ange-ball it to one that can play the same style of football he did previously. Added to that he has been plagued with injury to a couple of players who were key last year, CCV, Reo and Maeda. The latter two have not picked up where they were  when they returned to the team.  Take away Jota and Abada  struggling with the Palestine thing and you can see how we've got to this stage. The January window was a missed opportunity to strengthen the squad. But maybe it's no bad thing that Rangers win the  league this year. A procession to titles year in year out is  not good  for the league, Scottish football or either team. I didn't want to see Rodgers back but what better options are there out there.

marty34

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 19, 2024, 11:22:35 AMRodgers has struggled to mould a squad that were set up to play Ange-ball it to one that can play the same style of football he did previously. Added to that he has been plagued with injury to a couple of players who were key last year, CCV, Reo and Maeda. The latter two have not picked up where they were  when they returned to the team.  Take away Jota and Abada  struggling with the Palestine thing and you can see how we've got to this stage. The January window was a missed opportunity to strengthen the squad. But maybe it's no bad thing that Rangers win the  league this year. A procession to titles year in year out is  not good  for the league, Scottish football or either team. I didn't want to see Rodgers back but what better options are there out there.

Rogers has destroyed the confidence of a lot of players.

No excuses. Kilmarnock has 7% of Celtic's budget.

It's another 10-in-a-row year.

Asleep at the wheel..again.

tonto1888

bennydorano