Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Started by Dinny Breen, June 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

One of the dragons will get killed and go to the dark side, little Lannister will sit on the thrown and defeat the army of the dead at next seasons end.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Syferus

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 18, 2017, 04:31:15 PM
So what way do people think it will pan out, i.e. will there be a big war to sort out who rules the 7 kingdoms in this season and then the focus in the last season being on the war between the living and dead?  Or will both stories just run side by side and get sorted out at the end of next season.

Jon and Daeny unite, realise they're related, f**k up the White Walkers (by far the weakest part of the series) and Bran helps out by controlling one of the dragons and laying waste to the undead plot vehicles.

Cersei gets crushed, either by Arya, Jaime (the way it should happen IMHO) or the united forces of everyone they've fucked over. The two Cleganes may fight, but I honestly have little interest in that unlike some on the internet.

They're teasing tension between Jon and Sansa but if she were to betray him it would undo all the hard work they've done for the last seven or eight years building her character. It would be incredibly cheap and monumentally stupid IMHO.

We can assume the whole thing ends with Daeny on the Iron Throne, maybe married to Jon in the fine tradition of their family.

I think the broad strokes of what will happen are obvious at this stage.

gallsman

If all is revealed to the realm rather than just the viewers, Jon's claim w will be better then Dany's and he'll sir on the throne, if there is such a thing by the end of it.

Cersei will die at the hands of either Tyrion or Jaime to fulfill the prophecy. More likely to be Jaime and he'll repeat his regicide to try to stop her burning sheen the city.

Season will end with the wall coming down I think.

ziggysego

Quote from: gallsman on July 18, 2017, 03:45:01 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on July 18, 2017, 03:41:35 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on July 18, 2017, 03:03:32 PM
It's back! Slow enough start to the new series but i enjoyed it nonetheless. Setting the scene for some big events to come.

Oul Ed made a cameo appearance. Strange that, and a bit pointless.  Saw a right few people have been quite upset about this. Chill pill needed.

Assuming that was Jorah Mormont in the cell snatching at the bowl?

much like the previous 72 episodes. Starting to feel a bit like 'Lost' now in that the audience or the writers probably haven't a clue what's gonna happen

Not at all. The writers have a source to base their scripts on, unlike lost. Also, there had been 60 episodes before Sunday.

Slow episode. Sheeran cameo annoyed me but it's hardly the worst thing in the world. Giving him a new song from outside the canon was a bit much. Everyone on the same continent now which is good!

Not really, the television series has now surpassed the books, so no longer has a source to base their scripts on.

That been said, I enjoyed it last night. Merely setting up the chess pieces for S7 and maybe S8. Only 13 episodes left to go.
Testing Accessibility

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on July 18, 2017, 10:46:31 PM
If all is revealed to the team rather than just the viewers, Jon's claim w will be better then Dany's and he'll sir on the throne, if there is such a thing by the end of it.

Cersei will die at the hands of either Tyrion or Jaime to fulfill the prophecy. More likely to be Jaime and he'll repeat his regicide to try to stop her burning sheen the city.

A bastard wouldn't have a better claim than a legitimate child of the last king. Jon's mother and Daeny's brother weren't exactly married..

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on July 18, 2017, 10:55:05 PM
If all is revealed to the team rather than just the viewers, Jon's claim w will be better then Dany's and he'll sir on the throne, if there is such a thing by the end of it.

A b**tard wouldn't have a better claim than a legitimate child of the last king. Jon's mother and Daeny's brother weren't exactly married..

Were they not? Keep watching.

Quote from: ziggysego on July 18, 2017, 10:53:47 PM
It's back! Slow enough start to the new series but i enjoyed it nonetheless. Setting the scene for some big events to come.

Oul Ed made a cameo appearance. Strange that, and a bit pointless.  Saw a right few people have been quite upset about this. Chill pill needed.

much like the previous 72 episodes. Starting to feel a bit like 'Lost' now in that the audience or the writers probably haven't a clue what's gonna happen

Not at all. The writers have a source to base their scripts on, unlike lost. Also, there had been 60 episodes before Sunday.

Slow episode. Sheeran cameo annoyed me but it's hardly the worst thing in the world. Giving him a new song from outside the canon was a bit much. Everyone on the same continent now which is good!

Not really, the television series has now surpassed the books, so no longer has a source to base their scripts on.

That been said, I enjoyed it last night. Merely setting up the chess pieces for S7 and maybe S8. Only 13 episodes left to go.

Martin has given them the story -they're not just making everything up as they go along.

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on July 18, 2017, 11:09:16 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 18, 2017, 10:55:05 PM

A b**tard wouldn't have a better claim than a legitimate child of the last king. Jon's mother and Daeny's brother weren't exactly married..

Were they not? Keep watching.

Quote from: ziggysego on July 18, 2017, 10:53:47 PM

Martin has given them the story -they're not just making everything up as they go along.

Rhaegar was already married..

gallsman

dclane

Quote from: stew on July 18, 2017, 04:53:39 PM
One of the dragons will get killed and go to the dark side, little Lannister will sit on the thrown and defeat the army of the dead at next seasons end.
Christ, how do people watch this shite.

nrico2006

I suppose the big question is who will ride the 3 dragons?  Jon, Khaleesi and who?  Tyrion or Bran?

As for Jon's parentage, who all actually knows?  Just Bran and your man Reed?  Is he expected to be in the show in this season or the next?

As for the Mountain fighting the Hound, I think that potential fight lost its prestige when you saw the Hound getting wailed by a woman. 

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 19, 2017, 08:30:22 AM
I suppose the big question is who will ride the 3 dragons?  Jon, Khaleesi and who?  Tyrion or Bran?

As for Jon's parentage, who all actually knows?  Just Bran and your man Reed?  Is he expected to be in the show in this season or the next?

Bran, Howland Reed (Martin has said he will appear in the books but don't know about the show) and presumably Meera as well.

I reckon we might get the first hint of things when Jon and Danny meet for the first time and the dragons are "friendly" towards him.

johnneycool

Quote from: gallsman on July 19, 2017, 08:33:31 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 19, 2017, 08:30:22 AM

Bran, Howland Reed (Martin has said he will appear in the books but don't know about the show) and presumably Meera as well.

I reckon we might get the first hint of things when Jon and Danny meet for the first time and the dragons are "friendly" towards him.

Their mothers all died giving birth to them, Tyrion, Jon and Danerys.

Jon's and Danerys ones are well known but it also turns out that Aerys II Targaryen was knocking off Lady Lannister under the nose of Tywin Lannister hence his late arrival at the battle of the trident and him being Aerys II's hand.

JPGJOHNNYG

Those sand snakes turned out to be pretty sh1te in the end

gallsman

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 24, 2017, 10:43:58 PM

They absolutely butchered the Dorne storyline in the show. Much better in the books.

The Alerts/Joanna Lannister theory has always only been insinuated rather then proven. They were apparently some antics from Aerys during the bedding ceremony at Tywin and Joanna's wedding.

johnneycool

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 24, 2017, 10:43:58 PM

Nice Bangers though!