Fermanagh v Kildare

Started by FermGael, July 03, 2018, 08:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Delighted to get the win, some absolutely lovely stuff played at times, nice point taking in the first half and plenty of key players rested towards the end. Too many chances given to Fermanagh but hopefully they can tighten up in a more intense game. The bit of skill from Neil Flynn in the corner in the build up to the second goal looked class in real time.
Hopefully Monaghan & Laois ends up in extra time tomorrow, with a mass brawl and numerous straight reds. Another scramble for tickets for the Galway game.

Donnellys Hollow

Kildare played some sparkling football in that first half. Clear to see that there were a few lessons learned from the Carlow match. Ideal outcome that we were able to get the likes of Feely off well before the end and get some more minutes into some of the subs. The Super 8 format will test the depth of the panel.

We would have taken this five weeks ago. Amazing what a bit of momentum and confidence can do.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

GalwayBayBoy

Hello lads.

It's been a while since our paths have crossed. Ye probably owe us one. Or two. Should be fun.

FermGael

A very disappointing end to the year.
We really should have made a much closer game of that .
I believe we had 41 scoring chances throughout the game and took under 50% which has probably
been our downfall in the last 2 games.
Kildare were everything we were not in the first half.
Direct, accurate and clinical.
Something that we have to improve on.
Whenever Rory put both Quigley's in the full forward line with Tomas Corrigan there was a glimpse of what we could be like even though the game was over.
Promotion from division 2 achieved.
Ulster final and last 12 made.
A very good year when compared to last year.

Only one small gripe about today's game.
Fairly obvious that the gaa needs to change the steps rule for overcarring.
Lane constantly allowed players from both sides to take 8,9 or 10 steps between solos.

Good luck to Kildare in the super 8s.
Good attacking team with some excellent players
Only worry would be your full back line.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

seafoid

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 08, 2018, 12:50:55 AM
Kildare played some sparkling football in that first half. Clear to see that there were a few lessons learned from the Carlow match. Ideal outcome that we were able to get the likes of Feely off well before the end and get some more minutes into some of the subs. The Super 8 format will test the depth of the panel.

We would have taken this five weeks ago. Amazing what a bit of momentum and confidence can do.
Kildare's league run didn't make sense after last year. There are good players but something was missing.  It is fantastic to see Kildare in the last 8.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Scarlet

Thanks for the good post Ferm. I think the main issue in terms of shooting it Kildare were not letting your lads who can shoot get on the ball,
It was clear at times that the wrong man was forced into the shot and some of the wides were very bad.

Our bench got a run too, but most of them didn't put their hand up enough to my mind. That's the second week in a row Healy had a big impact mind you.
Onwards we go and Galway in Newbridge will be a good laugh again.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

haranguerer

Quote from: FermGael on July 08, 2018, 07:30:56 AM
A very disappointing end to the year.
We really should have made a much closer game of that .
I believe we had 41 scoring chances throughout the game and took under 50% which has probably
been our downfall in the last 2 games.
Kildare were everything we were not in the first half.
Direct, accurate and clinical.
Something that we have to improve on.
Whenever Rory put both Quigley's in the full forward line with Tomas Corrigan there was a glimpse of what we could be like even though the game was over.
Promotion from division 2 achieved.
Ulster final and last 12 made.
A very good year when compared to last year.

Only one small gripe about today's game.
Fairly obvious that the gaa needs to change the steps rule for overcarring.
Lane constantly allowed players from both sides to take 8,9 or 10 steps between solos.

Good luck to Kildare in the super 8s.
Good attacking team with some excellent players
Only worry would be your full back line.

Disappointing aright, but overall a year we can build on.

Re the bit in bold, your logic (and I often see this sort of thing said) doesn't follow. The issue is the referee isn't enforcing the rule, so what good does changing the rule do? Make referees enforce it.

If there is an issue with the rule when it is enforced, then that's a separate issue. But the problem at the minute is referees aren't enforcing it, we need to deal with that first.

FermGael

I would agree with you.
But it's not being enforced.
If you enforced it properly you might see a return of the art of man on man defending.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered