Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

screenexile

Quote from: Orior on April 18, 2019, 05:08:59 PM
Good round by Lowry today

https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2019/rbc-heritage/leaderboard.html

Yeah he's done well. . . a lot more big names out than I thought there would be the week after a major!

Milltown Row2

Must have saving himself for this week
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Applesisapples

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 12, 2019, 01:35:34 PM
Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on April 11, 2019, 09:10:45 PM
I'd classify myself as a solid golfer. For me that means I can play golf to a standard where I enjoy it  ;D the one thing I am fighting with, and always have, is a slice from left to right off the tee (right hander). Anybody any ideas on how to cut it out? Irons and short stuff has always been solid but when on the tee I have absolutely no idea about the final destination  ;D

I like Rick Shiels tip videos - he has one up this week about fixing your slice off the tee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txG5LecJCr4
Tried this it works!

dec

Lowry has birdied the first 2 today.

Farrandeelin

What age did all you gaaboard golfers start out at?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rois

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 20, 2019, 02:43:34 PM
Getting my first handicap this year - prefer to keep age to myself (over 30, under 40  ;D )

Playing at Ardglass this evening - my first links experience.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Rois on April 20, 2019, 03:14:31 PM
Getting my first handicap this year - prefer to keep age to myself (over 30, under 40  ;D )

Ardglass a lovely course....great seafood afterwards also....last time I was there.....mind you that's about 25 years ago 😩
Started playing when I was about 10

NotedObserver

Opinions in lessons? Swinging ok atm but inconsistent and grip/swing off a bit, previously 14 handicapper but that was about 10 years ago. Lessons worth it?

thewobbler

Ardglass is fantastic. But it's not a links. It's a seaside parkland.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: NotedObserver on April 20, 2019, 04:17:19 PM
Opinions in lessons? Swinging ok atm but inconsistent and grip/swing off a bit, previously 14 handicapper but that was about 10 years ago. Lessons worth it?
I was at the driving range earlier and swung a club for the first time in 20+ years. First ball was straight and true off the driver. The next 39 were all over the place and the last 10 or so we're okay but I have a serious slice so I wouldn't expect to make much progress without seeing someone for lessons.

TheOptimist

Quote from: TheOptimist on April 06, 2019, 06:34:24 PM
Got my first round in today for my handicap
Off the tee and putting I was shocking. Keep this up it will be a big one. Have to say though the two guys I played with at the club  were absolute gents and accommodating to my lack of class. Really made me enjoy it
Things I done well and was happy with but didn't give myself a chance.

2nd round in today. 21 shots better than two weeks ago. Driving straighter and big improvement on putting. Next thing is mybiron play. Definitely a few shots to be made from a little improvement here 

TheOptimist

I'm 33 and trying for my first handicap at the minute

Insane Bolt

Quote from: TheOptimist on April 20, 2019, 05:51:05 PM
Quote from: TheOptimist on April 06, 2019, 06:34:24 PM
Got my first round in today for my handicap
Off the tee and putting I was shocking. Keep this up it will be a big one. Have to say though the two guys I played with at the club  were absolute gents and accommodating to my lack of class. Really made me enjoy it
Things I done well and was happy with but didn't give myself a chance.

2nd round in today. 21 shots better than two weeks ago. Driving straighter and big improvement on putting. Next thing is mybiron play. Definitely a few shots to be made from a little improvement here

Good man, well done.

Rois

Quote from: thewobbler on April 20, 2019, 04:39:25 PM

Ardglass is fantastic. But it's not a links. It's a seaside parkland.
Ah well. As close at I want to get to the sea for now. It was a lovely evening of golf. Any one know of any courses that don't have bunkers?