American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Jared Cook is a nice pickup by the Saints. TE was obviously a big necessity for them in the offseason with Watson retiring.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 29, 2019, 11:24:15 AM
The bears traded running back Jordan Howard to the Eagles for a 2020 6th round pick. As a viking fan I am happy to see him gone, it is a big gain for the Eagles. I don't understand why the Bears let him go for such a low price.

Didn't  have the lateral quickness for Nagy's scheme and definitely  didn't  look as good last year as he did in John Fox's run heavy offence! Good player who would have been elite  if he had home run speed. Good locker room  guy and as a Bears fan sad to see him go but he just didn't  suit what Nagy wanted from the run game. His low price is because he is in the last year of his rookie contract and being a very good not an elite running back there is not a lot of trade value in running backs!!

cadhlancian

Would have to disagree with the above. Over 1600 yards from scrimmage as a rookie , 1400 the following year, and just over a 1000 last season. Probably right in regards to Nagys  system, but to think he isn't worth more than a 6 th rounder I'd say is crazy . He's 24 and is a big boy. I'd say the Eagles absolutely stole him, would have asked at least a third rounder for him. They gave up a 4th rounder for Jay Ajai 2 years ago....

heganboy

Blown call for the Virginia equalizer. Was a back court
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gallsman

Wilson agrees an extension at the final hour of the deadline he imposed.

4 year extension for 140m, with a 65m signing bonus.

Brings his full contract at this stage to 5 years, 157m with a total guarantee of 107m. Highest paid player in the league.

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on April 16, 2019, 10:00:34 AM
Wilson agrees an extension at the final hour of the deadline he imposed.

4 year extension for 140m, with a 65m signing bonus.

Brings his full contract at this stage to 5 years, 157m with a total guarantee of 107m. Highest paid player in the league.

I think it's a bad contract for the Seahawks but one they had no option but to make.

Capt Pat

The nfl draft is coming up this morning. Kyler Murray the Oklahoma QB is expected to go number 1 to the Cardinals.

Oraisteach

Sitting here watching the pre-draft show and realize that the Browns don't have have a pick in the 1st round. Wow, how unusual!

Oraisteach

Tyler Murray does go first. Good luck, AZOffaly.

Muck Savage

Quote from: Oraisteach on April 26, 2019, 12:36:27 AM
Sitting here watching the pre-draft show and realize that the Browns don't have have a pick in the 1st round. Wow, how unusual!

That's a good thing as a Browns fan, can't mess it up like so many years before, and you have OBJ

cadhlancian

The Giants....good f**king lord! Daniel Jones out of Duke at 6 overall...what the f**k were they thinking ??

Capt Pat

I see CHIEFS wide receiver Tyreek Hill is in trouble with the NFL at least in relation to child abuse. A recording of a conversation with his girlfriend has come to light which makes him look bad/guilty.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Oraisteach on April 26, 2019, 01:27:26 AM
Tyler Murray does go first. Good luck, AZOffaly.

I suppose it was always likely to happen with kingsbury but it's some gamble by keim. Someone is going to get a good qb in Rosen.

cadhlancian

The Cardinals made a complete balls of this. The time to move Rosen was before the draft , now they'll be lucky to get a second and third rounder for him. He's gonna be a good QB for someone and someone's gonna get a great deal. Still three years left on his rookie deal... How the f**k you could pick Daniel Jones ahead of Dwayne Haskins is mind boggling . The Raiders as well... what the f**k was that ? Passed on Josh Allen for that... Patriots getting lots of big offensive bodies in to make for Gronk.
They're saying this kid is possibly Anquan Boldin 2.0, Demaryius Thomas , Seferian Jenkins. All big guys...

AZOffaly

He's good. I saw him a good bit with ASU. Not the fastest but a good possession receiver and red zone threat. Great hands and strong.  I was hoping he'd fall one more spot.