NFL Division Four 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Colin O'Riordan, who went playing AFL, was another quality forward.
They would be an excellent football county but hurling is just dominant in the hearts and minds.

general_lee

Quote from: Horse Box on March 04, 2024, 02:15:34 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 03, 2024, 09:22:30 PMMadness. Always liked Tipp I think from they beat Galway that time in 2016 and they caught us in Armagh in the league game as well that either cost us promotion or relegated us one year which was sickening. Is Quinlivan still playing? Great player.

That was some day out , Quilivan Hat Trick , the winning goal with 6 seconds to go . Quinlivan living in Dundalk now , probably continue to Play with Commercials . If Mickey Harte was still Louth Manager would he be tempted ?
Was a rumour doing the rounds last year that he was transferring to Silverbridge.

Laois Rising

Looking back now, that Tipperary minor winning team deserves even more credit that they possibly get. The Dublin team that they defeated that day was considered one of Dublin's finest ever minor teams and many of them went on to backbone the all conquering 6 in a row All-Ireland side. Kilkenny, Mannion, McCaffrey, McDaid, Costello, Lowndes and Small were all starters on the team and Niall Scully was only a sub. It was an incredible feat looking back now. Thanks to Covid lockdowns they were able to get some of the stars of that team back for the year they won Munster. A nice reward for those mentors and coaches who invested so much time, energy and commitment into underage football in Tipperary during the mid to late 00s and early 2010s.

seafoid

The 2020 Munster final on the centenary of Bloody Sunday was really special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsetZhUoYJ8

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

The Boy Wonder

Venue for Tipperary v Wexford changed from Templetuohy to Enniscorthy - Tipp conceding home advantage.
Very unfair on the other counties involved in the promotion race.

Laois Rising

With the way the remaining fixtures play out, Tipperary are still not out of the running for promotion as they have Wexford and Leitrim in their final two games. Win both of those and then it comes down to Longford beating Carlow and home and then Wexford beating Longford at home in the final round of games and they will finish level on points with a number of other teams in second. Score difference will become the deciding factor then. By conceding home advantage it appears that they are waving the white flag to trying to gain promotion from the league this year.

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: Laois Rising on March 15, 2024, 12:38:04 PMWith the way the remaining fixtures play out, Tipperary are still not out of the running for promotion as they have Wexford and Leitrim in their final two games. Win both of those and then it comes down to Longford beating Carlow and home and then Wexford beating Longford at home in the final round of games and they will finish level on points with a number of other teams in second. Score difference will become the deciding factor then. By conceding home advantage it appears that they are waving the white flag to trying to gain promotion from the league this year.

Yeah if Tipp beat Wexford they have a gimme next weekend v Leitrim so definitely not out of the running but it would be unlikely.

Horse Box

Due to the weather there are no Pitches available in Tipp except for Fethard Town Park , an All Weather Field which Wexford would not agree to and from what I hear most Tipp Players did not want it there either . Semple Stadium was closed for all games a couple of weeks ago for a month !

Blowitupref

Results

London 1-13 Waterford 0-11 (London's first win of this league, Waterford haven't won a league game for two years)
Longford 0-14 Carlow 0-8  (Longford looking good to bonce straight back to Div 3)

A surprise result in O'Moore park with Leitrim beating Laois 0-17 to 1-13.

Tipp v Wexford called off.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Shamrock Shore

Longford v Carlow not one for a dvd collection. A win is a win.

Poor from Tipp. Second biggest county in Ireland had no pitch. All not well I hear with Tipp management on verge of quitting over perceived lack of support from County Board..

Surprised that Leitrim beat Laois but it will be academic if we beat Wexford next Sun. Laois will surely beat Waterford.

GAABoardMod5

From Tipperary GAA Twitter:

FIXTURE CONFIRMED: The #AllianzLeagues Division Four game - @TipperaryGAA
 v @OfficialWexGAA
 - will now take place tomorrow, Sunday March 17, at Fethard Town Park, 4pm throw-in

Armagh18

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 16, 2024, 08:48:02 PMLongford v Carlow not one for a dvd collection. A win is a win.

Poor from Tipp. Second biggest county in Ireland had no pitch. All not well I hear with Tipp management on verge of quitting over perceived lack of support from County Board..

Surprised that Leitrim beat Laois but it will be academic if we beat Wexford next Sun. Laois will surely beat Waterford.
A shame and disgrace from Tipp co board. They've surely the talent in the county to be at least a strong division 3 if not lower end division two team. Its not as though the hurlers are cleaning up anyway so no point using that as an excuse. Said it here before a real pity and I always liked Tipp as a team.

Horse Box

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 16, 2024, 08:48:02 PMLongford v Carlow not one for a dvd collection. A win is a win.

First time hearing this , I been to every Tipp game this year bar London and I know people on the Tipp Football Committee and the FoTF and have heard nothing . Do you have a source for this Info ?

Shamrock Shore

I heard from what I would consider a good source in Longford that would have their ear to the ground (don't want to go any further than that).

But if it's rubbish then that's fine and really happy to hear it.

Blowitupref

Half time scores

Carlow 0-8 London 0-3
Waterford 0-3 Laois 4-9
Wexford 2-10 Longford 1-3
Leitrim 0-7 Tipp 0-6

As it stand Laois top and Leitrim 2nd.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose