NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 18, 2024, 03:23:28 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 18, 2024, 03:01:30 PMDefinitely doesn't look great. Only he can answer whether there was intent but if it was deliberate then he deserves a 12 week ban.
For intent is carries a two match ban. League and championship connected now so if banned he'd miss the Derry match next Sunday and championship opener v Mayo.

For an incident like that, if it is deliberate then 2 matches is nowhere near enough. The difficulty will be trying to prove it was deliberate. The player could easily claim it was accidental, only he can answer that.

joemamas

Quote from: seafoid on March 18, 2024, 08:44:10 AMDavy Burke is thinking ahead
https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1769413387094458851

Thought it was a candid and insightful interview compared to some of the nonsense that is dished out by county managers.

screenexile

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 18, 2024, 11:27:22 AMIt's not Dublin, they everybodys problem not just Derry. I think Derry people can see we short 1/2 consistent  scoring forwards, rest of the team improved with cover at Defence and Midfield. Even with Paudie Tad and Paul McNeill not tere this year, the sub bench looks stronger. Had we Canavan beside McGuigan we been in some position.

It's been a strange league with a lot of shadow boxing at different stages. It's probably difficult to properly assess where everyone is at. Also nobody needs to peak until the middle/end of May really so a lot can change between now and then.

I think we're stronger than last year but so are Armagh and Donegal.

Mayo/Galway/Monaghan/Ros look to have regressed a bit and Kerry/Tyrone around the same level.

I don't think any of us will challenge the Dubs come championship though.

Wildweasel74

The difference is most teams have either 1 or 2 good scoring forwards, Kerry have 3 but ain't great at Midfield, Dublin got 5/6 plus Fenton from Midfield, that's why they do hard to stop, too many scoring forwards.

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on March 18, 2024, 05:18:18 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 18, 2024, 11:27:22 AMIt's not Dublin, they everybodys problem not just Derry. I think Derry people can see we short 1/2 consistent  scoring forwards, rest of the team improved with cover at Defence and Midfield. Even with Paudie Tad and Paul McNeill not tere this year, the sub bench looks stronger. Had we Canavan beside McGuigan we been in some position.

It's been a strange league with a lot of shadow boxing at different stages. It's probably difficult to properly assess where everyone is at. Also nobody needs to peak until the middle/end of May really so a lot can change between now and then.

I think we're stronger than last year but so are Armagh and Donegal.

Mayo/Galway/Monaghan/Ros look to have regressed a bit and Kerry/Tyrone around the same level.

I don't think any of us will challenge the Dubs come championship though.
I wouldn't underestimate the Rossies. They are going to aim to go further than last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ainyK6fXku0&t=179s
Like a dog lying in a corner
They'll bite you and never warn you.
Look out.
They'll tear your insides out
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on March 18, 2024, 03:27:06 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 18, 2024, 03:23:28 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 18, 2024, 03:01:30 PMDefinitely doesn't look great. Only he can answer whether there was intent but if it was deliberate then he deserves a 12 week ban.
For intent is carries a two match ban. League and championship connected now so if banned he'd miss the Derry match next Sunday and championship opener v Mayo.

For an incident like that, if it is deliberate then 2 matches is nowhere near enough. The difficulty will be trying to prove it was deliberate. The player could easily claim it was accidental, only he can answer that.
If that's accidental you put your hands up and turn around and check if the lads alright. No way he didn't realise he did it.

Blowitupref

Kerry v Galway the TG4 live game this Sunday and with all other matches on at the same time they'll be doing live updates from the other Division 1 games.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

screenexile

Listened to RTE's podcast there how can they get it so wrong? The whole point of a podcast is the fact you aren't as inhibited with time as you would be on the radio or TV yet RTE have 35 mins devoted to a full weekend of 16 games and only talked about 4 of them!!

Surely they have to decouple football from Hurling so they can spend more time talking about games. There are enough podcasts out there that they should see what is good content and realise their own is dross!!

Typical RTÉ!

5times5times

Quote from: screenexile on March 19, 2024, 11:19:34 PMListened to RTE's podcast there how can they get it so wrong? The whole point of a podcast is the fact you aren't as inhibited with time as you would be on the radio or TV yet RTE have 35 mins devoted to a full weekend of 16 games and only talked about 4 of them!!

Surely they have to decouple football from Hurling so they can spend more time talking about games. There are enough podcasts out there that they should see what is good content and realise their own is dross!!

Typical RTÉ!

That clown McCluskey from Fermanagh predicted wins for Fermanagh & Cavan at the weekend.... just the combined 39 points defeat....

And don't get me started on Staunton on TSG... Her playing career is unbelievable, but has the personality & voice that would put it on mute.

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on March 19, 2024, 11:19:34 PMListened to RTE's podcast there how can they get it so wrong? The whole point of a podcast is the fact you aren't as inhibited with time as you would be on the radio or TV yet RTE have 35 mins devoted to a full weekend of 16 games and only talked about 4 of them!!

Typical RTÉ!
Derry got a lot of exposure on previous podcasts. Ireland has 32 counties.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: 5times5times on March 20, 2024, 10:44:54 AM

Typical RTÉ!

That clown McCluskey from Fermanagh predicted wins for Fermanagh & Cavan at the weekend.... just the combined 39 points defeat....

And don't get me started on Staunton on TSG... Her playing career is unbelievable, but has the personality & voice that would put it on mute.
In fairness no one saw there being a whole pile between Fermanagh and Louth with Louth probably slight favourites. Didn't see anyone in the media predict Cavan to beat us but consensus was Armagh by 4/5 points not the total hammering thag it was.

inroundthesquare

From Stephen O'Meara (The Square D)

There was potentially the beginnings of a seismic shift in the landscape of inter-county football on the weekend.

A completely different style of game by David Clifford resulted in previously unparalleled stats by him . Five points from play and two assists with only one wide!

(unparalleled of the games I've logged, and excluding where teams have defended man-on-man)

These are stats more normal for Con O'Callaghan than Clifford who's scores are, on average, more counter-balanced with high numbers of missed shots and turnovers. If this becomes his new norm, the balance of Gaelic football is about to change!

Rossfan

Maybe it's just that we have a poor defence?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Quote from: inroundthesquare on March 21, 2024, 07:07:57 AMFrom Stephen O'Meara (The Square D)

There was potentially the beginnings of a seismic shift in the landscape of inter-county football on the weekend.

A completely different style of game by David Clifford resulted in previously unparalleled stats by him . Five points from play and two assists with only one wide!

(unparalleled of the games I've logged, and excluding where teams have defended man-on-man)

These are stats more normal for Con O'Callaghan than Clifford who's scores are, on average, more counter-balanced with high numbers of missed shots and turnovers. If this becomes his new norm, the balance of Gaelic football is about to change!

A touch hyperbolic... it's one game. Also 5 points is about normal for him surely.

Armagh18

5 points be a quiet day for Clifford I'd have thought.