Ulster Final Fermanagh V Donegal Sunday 24th June

Started by never kickt a ball, June 06, 2018, 09:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

So Arlene met Rory and the lads yesterday.
If she goes to the match then so be in.
Honesty hope the dup are not using the gaa again for a photo opportunity.
Think it would be a nice touch if the locals would recreate the road conditions that existed prior to the peace process.
Would be a nice walk.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

mrdeeds

redcard

"Don't be surprised if things go quiet today so far as the DUP-Conservative discussions are concerned.

Not all DUP politicians are Sabbatarians, but enough are to make it party policy to avoid being seen to negotiate on a Sunday.

It was no coincidence that a DUP statement effectively denying that any final deal with Theresa May had been reached was published at midnight exactly, not one minute past."

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-northern-ireland-40239671

Well if they don't negotiate on a Sunday it will be a big move if she turns up to watch a match on the sabbath.

trileacman

Quote from: FermGael on June 17, 2018, 08:13:05 AM
Think it would be a nice touch if the locals would recreate the road conditions that existed prior to the peace process.
Would be a nice walk.

I remember you changing your tagline after the 08 drawn Ulster final. One decent free-taker and you'd have been Ulster Champs that day.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

randomusername

Quote from: FermGael on June 17, 2018, 08:13:05 AM
Would be a nice walk.

The DUP and the Shinners are both at that craic in fairness, pretending to care about reconciliation. Probably still good for society so let them at it, I say.

She's painfully insecure, in both her recent tweets about Fermanagh she's been at pains to point out 'sure why would I know anything about the GAA'. I mean her flipping outfit, she's got a screw loose.

CJ2017

The outfit represents her beloved Maguiresbridge & Devenish teams of course! Only just realised it... ;)

Jim Bob

J70

Neil McGee, predictably (and correctly in my opinion) will miss the match after his appeal failed.

Leaves us a bit short of muscle in the full back line against a sizable Fermanagh full forward line. Especially as his natural replacement and club mate, Kieran Gillespie, is still out injured.

Think midfield will be the winning of this. We presumably will push up again on the kick out, but I seriously doubt Fermanagh will be as clueless and ill-prepared as Down were, especially with big, capable men in midfield themselves. Will Fermanagh drop off us though like they did with Monaghan?

yellowcard

I think Dinegal will win this match with a bit to spare. Fermanagh to date have relied on getting an early lead and keeping it tight. I don't think that will work this time out since Donegal simplybhave too much firepower up front and also have players capable of picking off long range points if needed. This Dinegal team could be anything and I'd expect them to be even better when they get to Croke Park.

Orchard park

Targetman

J70

One small satisfaction I will take if Fermanagh do beat us is that it will stick it to the cowards who gave Rory dog's abuse on social media after last summer's campaign. I was critical myself of some of his tactics and decisions over the last couple of seasons (especially with respect to the likes of Leo McLoone), but he was doing his best and like any GAA man deserves personal respect.

longballin

Quote from: J70 on June 19, 2018, 11:57:37 PM
One small satisfaction I will take if Fermanagh do beat us is that it will stick it to the cowards who gave Rory dog's abuse on social media after last summer's campaign. I was critical myself of some of his tactics and decisions over the last couple of seasons (especially with respect to the likes of Leo McLoone), but he was doing his best and like any GAA man deserves personal respect.

Noble sentiments but Fermanagh won't beat yis.

macdanger2