Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayoman dan

I think the fairest and easiest option is to give all teams including Dublin  a home game, an away game and a game at a neutral venue.7
[/quote]

Agree 100% but either Croke Park is the dubs home ground or it isnt.It cant be the home ground this week but a neutral ground the following week

Syferus

It can be when the only god Croke Park know is the almighty Euro.

From the Bunker

Quote from: mayoman dan on June 19, 2018, 06:36:40 PM
Do the Dublin lads on here think its fair that Dublin have essentially 2 home games in the super 8s and everyone else only gets 1??? Before someone jumps on me for being anti-dub i know a few Dub fans that dont want the 2 home games.In all honesty Dublin could have 3 away games and still win the all ireland but they know it will devalue an all ireland win.

They don't fecking Care! Why should they? Would you care if you were winning Championship after Championship on you own home turf? It costs the fans little or nothing in terms of time and money to go to these games. Why would they give this up? Why would the team turn their back on such an advantage as home games? Only a fool would give up all the financial benefits they inherit!

mayoman dan

They don't fecking Care! Why should they? Would you care if you were winning Championship after Championship on you own home turf? It costs the fans little or nothing in terms of time and money to go to these games. Why would they give this up? Why would the team turn their back on such an advantage as home games? Only a fool would give up all the financial benefits they inherit!
[/quote]

Because their good enough to do it without these benefits.I think a lot of dubs want this team to go on to be seen as the best ever.This simply wont happen if their winning a farce of a championship that blatantly favours 1 team over everyone else

longballin

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: mayoman dan on June 19, 2018, 07:10:55 PM

Because their good enough to do it without these benefits.I think a lot of dubs want this team to go on to be seen as the best ever.This simply wont happen if their winning a farce of a championship that blatantly favours 1 team over everyone else
[/quote]

They will go down as the greatest of all time and probably are there now, however there will always be an asterisk after their achievements due to the financial doping and favourable treatment they have received from the GAA. Dublin fans know this and hate it.

Orchard park

Do people really deep down honestly believe that  this  Dublin  team would have lost any of their matches pre semi final in the last few years outside of Croker

Straw clutching I feel by those dreaming of Dublin losing matches.....

longballin

Quote from: Orchard park on June 19, 2018, 10:43:08 PM
Do people really deep down honestly believe that  this  Dublin  team would have lost any of their matches pre semi final in the last few years outside of Croker

At last a voice of sense

manfromdelmonte

It's not the point
The last time they were in Longford they barely got out

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 19, 2018, 10:53:15 PM

It's not the point

That was an era of a competitive Leinster championship, them days are never returning.

Orchard park

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 19, 2018, 10:53:15 PM

It's not the point

So how many Leinster champ games or indeed all Ireland quarters since 2011 do you think they would have lost if not in Croker????

mayoman dan

So expecting fairness and the same rules applying for all teams is straw clutching???? Dont think they would have lost any pre semi final games but its not the point.Mayo and Kerry were sent to limerick for a semi final.Why cant the dubs be taken out of their comfort zone for their neutral game like everyone else will be????

Orchard park

Its beyond straw clutching .

It's classic eternal loser mindset of trying to make excuses for the winning team .....

It's an annual snorefest which was never mentioned between 1995 and 2011 by most...

Ewan McKenna wannabes

mayoman dan

Quote from: Orchard park on June 19, 2018, 11:05:14 PM
Its beyond straw clutching .

It's classic eternal loser mindset of trying to make excuses for the winning team .....

It's an annual snorefest which was never mentioned between 1995 and 2011 by most...

Ewan McKenna wannabes

So you think its fair that dublin get 2 home games while everyone else gets 1????

blewuporstuffed

What a nonsense argument.
Donegal will probably beat fermanagh on Sunday no matter where its played so we may as well play it in ballybofey.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either