Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

You should take a big redner for comparing them as role models, embarrassing statement -  even for a fanboy.

Syferus

Quote from: bennydorano on September 24, 2018, 09:12:29 PM
You should take a big redner for comparing them as role models, embarrassing statement -  even for a fanboy.

Neither are role models. Fûcking athletes shouldn't be role models for anyone with a bit of cop on anyways.

Milltown Row2

Proper role model on now, though he said the word f**k a few times. So he's out  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Yeah, was watching it myself thinking Syf is so full of dung.

michaelg

Was a good, well-made show that.  Seems like a decent fella - Family man, and always has time for fans - Funny wee f**ker too.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Don Johnson on September 18, 2018, 10:40:40 AM
Everyone see the video of BJS taking the piss out of the addict girl and making her slap a random stranger and call him a paedo? sc**bag.

Now he's reportedly failed a drugs test. https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/breaking-billy-joe-saunders-fails-13321796

Which is interesting given his views on Canelo. https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing/billy-joe-saunders-vs-martin-murray-canelo-alvarez-drugs-test-doping-a8320581.html
That was never a square ball!!

Don Johnson

gallsman

Callum Smith knocked out Groves in the 7th to win the Super Middleweight World Super Series in Saudi Arabia.

Groves didn't look right all night and got rocked by a big left hook and some big follow ups. Groves was on his knee and Smith hit him very late on the back of the head. Groves didn't seem too bad and looked like he could get back up as the ref was counting. He was shaking his head though and didn't try.

BennyHarp

Quote from: gallsman on September 28, 2018, 09:57:34 PM
Callum Smith knocked out Groves in the 7th to win the Super Middleweight World Super Series in Saudi Arabia.

Groves didn't look right all night and got rocked by a big left hook and some big follow ups. Groves was on his knee and Smith hit him very late on the back of the head. Groves didn't seem too bad and looked like he could get back up as the ref was counting. He was shaking his head though and didn't try.

It was the punch to stomach that done him I think. I didn't think that final punch even landed to the back of the head.

Don Johnson

Yeah Groves even said himself after the fight that it was the body shot, video of the shot here:

https://twitter.com/Lupitosandoval/status/1045779707327729664?s=19

BennyHarp

Fury and Wilder would do well to tone down the ridiculous McGregor Mayweather style nonsense in their press conferences. Its all a bit embarrassing and is beginning to put me off actually bothering to watch the fight.

nrico2006

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 03, 2018, 11:34:23 AM
Fury and Wilder would do well to tone down the ridiculous McGregor Mayweather style nonsense in their press conferences. Its all a bit embarrassing and is beginning to put me off actually bothering to watch the fight.

At least McGregor usually means it.  Fury and Wilder are actually friendly enough off camera but are putting on the act just for the hype. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

It's silly stuff but I don't think it's as bad as McGregor and in fairness it's mainly Fury who's a complete rocket at the best of times let alone the build up to a big fight. Remember the Batman costume for Klitchscko?

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 03, 2018, 12:01:00 PM

At least McGregor usually means it.  Fury and Wilder are actually friendly enough off camera but are putting on the act just for the hype.

What does McGregor actually mean? He's all smiles and hugs after every fight.

BennyHarp

Canelo fighting Rocky Fielding at Super middle weight next. I did not see that coming.