Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Was a quality fight. Warrington put in a serious shift and seemed able to really hurt Frampton. Carl landed some accurate big shots but they weren't having the same effect. He fought well though and I do think retirement would be premature. Perhaps a fight with Selby?

Over the Bar

If Frampton has to fight on due to money issues  it would be a shame.

Milltown Row2

I believe he was paid what he was owed by McGuigan in their last court action.. there may be another pending, but let's face it, people want to believe these guys make a fortune, they don't, and by all accounts they'll retire a lot earlier than the normal worker. Being comfortable, I'm sure he will be but not well off the way Fury and co are
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Syferus on December 21, 2018, 01:08:27 AM
Frampton will win handily enough. I heard the same hype around Quigg. It seems to be an English thing. And a split decision was an embarassing accounting of that night, too.

Frampton remains the best featherweight in the world and this is just a stepping stone on the path to Santa Cruz III, which is the fight people really want to see. After two excellent fights already it has the potential to make that rivalry one of the all-time greats.

There's an owl lad around the town that often warns about "Know-It-All's".....

thebuzz

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on December 27, 2018, 04:27:34 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 21, 2018, 01:08:27 AM
Frampton will win handily enough. I heard the same hype around Quigg. It seems to be an English thing. And a split decision was an embarassing accounting of that night, too.

Frampton remains the best featherweight in the world and this is just a stepping stone on the path to Santa Cruz III, which is the fight people really want to see. After two excellent fights already it has the potential to make that rivalry one of the all-time greats.

There's an owl lad around the town that often warns about "Know-It-All's".....

It isn't just boxing though. He knows it all about EVERYTHING.

Boycey

This fight/farce with Mayweather and the kickboxer is due on now anytime although Twitter seems to think Floyd gone awol

On PPV IN root anybody interested

nrico2006

Quote from: Boycey on December 31, 2018, 11:54:21 AM
This fight/farce with Mayweather and the kickboxer is due on now anytime although Twitter seems to think Floyd gone awol

On PPV IN root anybody interested

Waiting on it myself. Joke of a contest though, 3 rounds and it wont go on either fighters record. Mayweather again afraid to fight someone with at least some set of compromise rules established.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Watching this Rizin event atm.. Christ its grim viewing

Boycey

Nasukama looks to have serious hand and foot speed going by what theyve shown this morning. I'm not sure how he'll be able to curb his natural instinct to kick Floyd as he withdraws though.

Disagree about Mayweather being afraid, he's a 42 year old semi retired boxer if people are dumb enough to throw money at him so be it.

Boycey

Finally ready to go, I think

gallsman

That was even more bizarre than expected.

Boycey

Aye hard to know what to say, felt sorry for the lad actually

lurganblue

gawa316

Boycey

Mayweather knocked him 3/4 times, towel thrown in and young lad ends sitting crying. Took all of 2 mins.

https://youtu.be/KP3lypB3iuc