China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

It's not specifically individuals though. Why did governments think putting students back into halls of residence was a good idea? That should not have been allowed.

Factories also spreading quite a bit. What is being done to ensure this doesn't happen?

Schools are now said to have had 1500 cases. How many must that have equated to?

I think a number of things have just been done wrong from the top down to the bottom.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 19, 2020, 09:13:17 PM
It's not specifically individuals though. Why did governments think putting students back into halls of residence was a good idea? That should not have been allowed.

Factories also spreading quite a bit. What is being done to ensure this doesn't happen?

Schools are now said to have had 1500 cases. How many must that have equated to?

I think a number of things have just been done wrong from the top down to the bottom.

Schools? Surely not, Smurphy phd said different
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Schools should be closed as long as teachers go home and live of the covid 300 euro per week payment. I think that's fair.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on October 19, 2020, 09:25:31 PM
Schools should be closed as long as teachers go home and live of the covid 300 euro per week payment. I think that's fair.

So no online teaching then? They'd be happy with that I'd say
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 19, 2020, 09:30:00 PM

They'd never be happy. Half them didn't do it anyway.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on October 19, 2020, 09:34:52 PM

Half? Link?

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 19, 2020, 09:40:24 PM

Half? Link?

Yeh  sure, show me the link where teachers will be happy first though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on October 19, 2020, 09:43:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 19, 2020, 09:40:24 PM

Half? Link?

Yeh  sure, show me the link where teachers will be happy first though.

Just asked her in doors, no probs

armaghniac

Quote from: Angelo on October 19, 2020, 07:46:42 PM
All I've said is that there are some interesting observations from the data presented. That is raw data on death rates in the 26. It's an interesting observation that excess rates have not really seen a great rise and that death rates in April were similar to flu seasons in January in prior years.

As you never tire of reminding us, we do not lockdown for flu. Yet deaths from Covid in April in the middle of a lockdown were greater than the worst January without a lockdown. This reflects that Covid was much worse and the reaction was appropriate. January is sometimes a bad month, but the traditional winter season is only about 6 weeks, without the lockdown not only would Covid have killed more in April, but also in May, in June, in July, in August, in September and in October. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ballinaman

So Micheál Martin confirmed its the suppress and release strategy until "a safe vaccine is found".

Ouch...that's a serous roll of the dice .

Milltown Row2

Is there a link to what's closed and what's allows to be open in the south?

sid waddell

It's a bit mad that the DUP would rather see thousands of people die than restrict movement temporarily between the wee six and Britain

Completely owns the taigs though, so it's all worth it in the end I guess

Maiden1

Quote from: ballinaman on October 19, 2020, 10:10:31 PM
So Micheál Martin confirmed its the suppress and release strategy until "a safe vaccine is found".

Ouch...that's a serous roll of the dice .
3 weeks in lockdown then 3 weeks off then back in for an arbitrary amount of time is the worst scenario for anyone trying to run a business in the hospitality sector as no one knows whether they are coming or going so no one can confidently book a table or a room anywhere 3 weeks in advance. The business may or may not still be opened and the people who own or work in the business may or may not be entitled to some payment but they have no customers either way. Even when businesses where opened for a few weeks the rules ensured they couldn't really make a go off it. Max of 6 people, pub closed by 10, no music, nobody too drunk, only talk to person in your group, now talk of outdoor only venues in the middle of winter mean there was no appeal in going out anyhow. The same for anyone thinking of going abroad or coming to Ireland. It doesnt matter which countries are on the green or amber list or whatever.  Most people wont go anywhere as they dont want the hassle of guessing what different rules will be in place a week from now.  There are whole sectors of the economy screwed and the on off restrictions and rules that go along with it are only making it worse.
There are no proofs, only opinions.