Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

The Irishman isn't out yet?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on October 14, 2019, 06:39:44 AM
The Irishman isn't out yet?
Simulcast with premiere last night at Dublin Road Movie House.

gallsman

Jaysus, is that a new thing? I'm aware of midnight openings for blockbusters like the avengers etc but simulcasting a premiere is a new one to me.

Dire Ear

Joker, 3/10, very disappointed father and son coming outta that

themac_23

Quote from: gallsman on October 14, 2019, 08:16:53 AM
Jaysus, is that a new thing? I'm aware of midnight openings for blockbusters like the avengers etc but simulcasting a premiere is a new one to me.

Dunno, hadn't heard of it before, was a 20 min thing before the film of interviews with the main people on the red carpet etc, was def worth it to see it early.

Taylor

Very disappointed in El Camino.
Was waiting for something interesting to happen if that makes sense.  :o

gallsman

I liked El Camino as an epilogue to the show. Don't see how it could have worked as a standalone movie for anyone who hasn't seen the show though.

Tony Baloney

Terminator Dark Fate was much better than expected. 7.5.

mrdeeds

Just out of Joker and thought great lead performance. From what I was hearing I was expecting it to be darker and more violent. Tame enough.

Tony Baloney

Enjoyed The Irishman, but prob 30-45 mins too long. Best DeNiro has been in years and years.

ONeill

Quote from: mrdeeds on October 27, 2019, 10:04:02 PM
Just out of Joker and thought great lead performance. From what I was hearing I was expecting it to be darker and more violent. Tame enough.

Agree, tame - but a great performance.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: ONeill on November 09, 2019, 08:47:34 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on October 27, 2019, 10:04:02 PM

Agree, tame - but a great performance.

great acting by Joaquin but overall I thought it was poor enough film - for the 'big scene' - you could see that coming about 15 mins into the show I thought anyway
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Main Street

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 09, 2019, 08:43:47 PM
Enjoyed The Irishman, but prob 30-45 mins too long. Best DeNiro has been in years and years.
I have to wait until Nov 22. The book is excellent.
Did the film venture into the murky waters of the Mafia setting up the hit against JFK as the book gave account to? with Sheeran supplying the weapons for the 'hit' plus motive as he saw it, plus his accounts of Jack Ruby hobnobbing regularily with the highest echelons of the Buffalino family.

ballinaman

Was going to go but saw the run time and thought f**k that, life's too short !

BennyCake

Quote from: ballinaman on November 10, 2019, 08:44:29 AM
Was going to go but saw the run time and thought f**k that, life's too short !

I was thinking of going to see it, but heard De Niro was in it, so I thought f**k that.