Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 03, 2019, 09:55:25 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 03, 2019, 09:43:39 AM
Quote from: Halfquarter on October 02, 2019, 11:05:23 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 02, 2019, 09:36:10 AM
Quote from: Halfquarter on October 01, 2019, 05:31:39 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 01, 2019, 05:08:06 PM
Quote from: Halfquarter on October 01, 2019, 03:52:24 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on October 01, 2019, 08:54:13 AM
A bit of a Roman Abramovich scenario going on here, lots of double standard posters.

Its not pleasant having your laundry aired in public is it... especially for everyones favourite county, the arent we great brigade.

It would take incredible incompetence on the part of Dublin,not to win the All Ireland every year, given the advantages that they currently enjoy.

Are you mad or did you not read what you typed? Did you see the All Ireland final(s)? Did you see the recent finals where they just about scraped past Mayo, once after a replay, after epic games?

Ridiculous statements like this do nothing for anyone.

Yes, you are of course correct, they only scraped a win in 14 of the last 15 Leinster Finals and only scraped wins in 7 of the last 9 All Ireland's .
They only beat Kerry by 6 points this year. A pity that they couldn't get a man sent off in the first half and the result might have been a bit closer.
Your right, I'm probably mad.

Don't talk crap about Leinster titles when you said - It would take incredible incompetence on the part of Dublin,not to win the All Ireland every year, given the advantages that they currently enjoy.

That statement implies that even if they're a little incompetent they'll win the All Ireland every year. Absolute bullshit and up there with the biggest bullshit I've ever read on here and that's a high bar.
f you read what I said, I did  not imply ' a little incompetence ' I stated plainly  ' incredible incompetence '.
It would take an almost unfathomable degree of managerial incompetence to fail to win with this team.
That is my opinion , you are of course correct , nobody should have the temerity to express an opinion the is different to yours , which you have so  eloquently expressed. ( not ) .

I've no issue with someone holding a different opinion than myself. In fact it's your reaction that suggests you have the problem in that regard. To me, the above statement is so wrong it's difficult to believe. Dublin have been managed brilliantly by Jim Gavin and his team. Prepared probably as perfectly as any team could be. Devised a tactical approach after getting caught out by ultra defensive tactics which has effectively ended those tactics. Yet they easily could have lost the finals in 2011, 2013, 2016, 2017 and 2019 - opponents missing chances or getting players sent off possibly saving Dublin on those occasions (maybe not 2011 but Kerry were 4 up with 10 minutes left in that one). Perhaps they should have lost a couple of those. Surely Jim Gavin and co have added something??? Or maybe they've bordered on "an almost unfathomable degree of managerial incompetence" as they're almost failed to win with this team a few times.

But they won them. That's all that matters. The 'epic losses' won't be written in the roll of honour. And the Mayo choke brigade have a field day too.

Are you deliberately missing the point or do you also think "It would take incredible incompetence on the part of Dublin,not to win the All Ireland every year..." ?

dublin7

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 04, 2019, 10:35:30 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 03, 2019, 09:55:25 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 03, 2019, 09:43:39 AM
Quote from: Halfquarter on October 02, 2019, 11:05:23 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 02, 2019, 09:36:10 AM
Quote from: Halfquarter on October 01, 2019, 05:31:39 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 01, 2019, 05:08:06 PM
Quote from: Halfquarter on October 01, 2019, 03:52:24 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on October 01, 2019, 08:54:13 AM
A bit of a Roman Abramovich scenario going on here, lots of double standard posters.

Its not pleasant having your laundry aired in public is it... especially for everyones favourite county, the arent we great brigade.

It would take incredible incompetence on the part of Dublin,not to win the All Ireland every year, given the advantages that they currently enjoy.

Are you mad or did you not read what you typed? Did you see the All Ireland final(s)? Did you see the recent finals where they just about scraped past Mayo, once after a replay, after epic games?

Ridiculous statements like this do nothing for anyone.

Yes, you are of course correct, they only scraped a win in 14 of the last 15 Leinster Finals and only scraped wins in 7 of the last 9 All Ireland's .
They only beat Kerry by 6 points this year. A pity that they couldn't get a man sent off in the first half and the result might have been a bit closer.
Your right, I'm probably mad.

Don't talk crap about Leinster titles when you said - It would take incredible incompetence on the part of Dublin,not to win the All Ireland every year, given the advantages that they currently enjoy.

That statement implies that even if they're a little incompetent they'll win the All Ireland every year. Absolute bullshit and up there with the biggest bullshit I've ever read on here and that's a high bar.
f you read what I said, I did  not imply ' a little incompetence ' I stated plainly  ' incredible incompetence '.
It would take an almost unfathomable degree of managerial incompetence to fail to win with this team.
That is my opinion , you are of course correct , nobody should have the temerity to express an opinion the is different to yours , which you have so  eloquently expressed. ( not ) .

I've no issue with someone holding a different opinion than myself. In fact it's your reaction that suggests you have the problem in that regard. To me, the above statement is so wrong it's difficult to believe. Dublin have been managed brilliantly by Jim Gavin and his team. Prepared probably as perfectly as any team could be. Devised a tactical approach after getting caught out by ultra defensive tactics which has effectively ended those tactics. Yet they easily could have lost the finals in 2011, 2013, 2016, 2017 and 2019 - opponents missing chances or getting players sent off possibly saving Dublin on those occasions (maybe not 2011 but Kerry were 4 up with 10 minutes left in that one). Perhaps they should have lost a couple of those. Surely Jim Gavin and co have added something??? Or maybe they've bordered on "an almost unfathomable degree of managerial incompetence" as they're almost failed to win with this team a few times.

But they won them. That's all that matters. The 'epic losses' won't be written in the roll of honour. And the Mayo choke brigade have a field day too.

Are you deliberately missing the point or do you also think "It would take incredible incompetence on the part of Dublin,not to win the All Ireland every year..." ?

It's quite an achievement to to turn Mayo issues into yet another thread bashing dublin and/or their achievements. Why does it always have to be somehow making it all about dublin or their fault

rosnarun

Quote from: dublin7 on October 01, 2019, 08:49:23 PM
Fair play to Supermacs for asking the Galway CB for a breakdown of how their sponsorship was spent in the last few years. It's not at all surprising given the shambolic(I'd use another term but have to be careful) behaviour of the county board.

Pricey and a few others are so obsessed with GAA funding/spending they should go investigate that. Without going into specifics it sounds alot more disgraceful than anything about Dublin. That should be the real target for their anger/bitterness instead of crying over dublin actually doing the right things
this is more of it .
what Did super macs get for their money
exactly what they paid for , Huge exposure to sell their Dry burgers, pineapple Topped pizza's and Taco fries to drunks at 2 in the morning
Did they expect the Galway county board to OK decisions with  them ?
How come SuperMaC'S get such an easy ride sponsoring sport any way  when ever McDonald do it there is always an uproar about Obesity, Its like people think Fried chicken is Fat free it its made by an Irish company .
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: rosnarun on October 04, 2019, 12:42:56 PM
Fair play to Supermacs for asking the Galway CB for a breakdown of how their sponsorship was spent in the last few years. It's not at all surprising given the shambolic(I'd use another term but have to be careful) behaviour of the county board.

Pricey and a few others are so obsessed with GAA funding/spending they should go investigate that. Without going into specifics it sounds alot more disgraceful than anything about Dublin. That should be the real target for their anger/bitterness instead of crying over dublin actually doing the right things
this is more of it .
exactly what they paid for , Huge exposure to sell their Dry burgers, pineapple Topped pizza's and Taco fries to drunks at 2 in the morning
How come SuperMaC'S get such an easy ride sponsoring sport any way  when ever McDonald do it there is always an uproar about Obesity, Its like people think Fried chicken is Fat free it its made by an Irish company .

You are being very naive if you think sponsors hand over cash and thats that.

heffo

ballinaman

rosnarun

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 04, 2019, 12:45:54 PM

this is more of it .

they of course have the right to decide where their branding is used but nayone who takes advise on how to run GAA club/county from their sponsors ither it be the local chipper or major insurance group is looking for trouble

rosnarun

deom the maY
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 03, 2019, 02:11:41 PM
Mayo being badly run turns into an anti Dub thread
Quote from: MayoBuck on October 01, 2019, 08:47:56 PM
https://www.supermacs.ie/supermacs-statement-re-galway-gaa-finances/

Fair play to Galway and the FAI taking the heat off our administration problems.

WITHOUT taking from my original point but it's had to have much Time for these boys
from the mayo news

However, Mike Connelly denied this claim when he spoke to The Mayo News after last week's meeting. "Absolutely not, absolutely not" he said, adding that the €5,000 referred to covered the cost of souvenir 'half and half' GAA jerseys for the New York trip that Mr O'Leary had received, as well as the All-Ireland tickets.

how dare anyone suggest they overcharged for tickets wasn't there Half emerald , half ruby jersey (I presume as it seems to have cost €4,050) thrown in too

dublin7

Quote from: rosnarun on October 04, 2019, 03:27:43 PM
deom the maY

Fair play to Galway and the FAI taking the heat off our administration problems.

WITHOUT taking from my original point but it's had to have much Time for these boys
from the mayo news

However, Mike Connelly denied this claim when he spoke to The Mayo News after last week's meeting. "Absolutely not, absolutely not" he said, adding that the €5,000 referred to covered the cost of souvenir 'half and half' GAA jerseys for the New York trip that Mr O'Leary had received, as well as the All-Ireland tickets.

how dare anyone suggest they overcharged for tickets wasn't there Half emerald , half ruby jersey (I presume as it seems to have cost €4,050) thrown in too
Has anyone got a pic of those jersies? For that price they must have actual emeralds and rubies on them. No wonder the Mayo CB are so upset. I'm glad that clears up where the €5k went🤑🤑

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: rosnarun on October 04, 2019, 03:06:34 PM

this is more of it .

they of course have the right to decide where their branding is used but nayone who takes advise on how to run GAA club/county from their sponsors ither it be the local chipper or major insurance group is looking for trouble

I think the best sponsrhip deals have more of a partnership than just handing over money for a logo on shirts, but a sponsor gets a say, like it or not.

Now if they hadn't done their homework on the backroom quality of the team in question it gets messy, and I think it shouldn't be being played out in the papers, but if you think amateur hour boards can't learn from successful business men or multinational behemoths you are on the windup.

Local example. Galway United were sponsored by a local property group. Started out as cash for logo. A few years later they are actively involved in the club and building them a training ground. Use the sponsors strengths and contacts. If a second tier LoI club can get 6 figures a year and a facility for free, what could the county board do if arsed?

Not thinking of any examples in particular, but if there is potential fraud going on, I think a sponsor is entitled to know if their loot is going somewhere illegal.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: rosnarun on October 04, 2019, 03:27:43 PM
deom the maY

from the mayo news

Its not about having time for them or not.  I have no idea what he is or isn't. But he has raised huge cash for them and I get a strong feeling the County Board are taking the piss out of him now.

They tspped him for cash for bricks and morter, didn't bother with the actual development but still expect the cash. He us right to tell them to do one.

Lar Naparka

:D :D :D
It's pure gas alright, isn't it?
Keep 'er lit, boys!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 04, 2019, 05:56:24 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on October 04, 2019, 03:06:34 PM

this is more of it .

I think the best sponsrhip deals have more of a partnership than just handing over money for a logo on shirts, but a sponsor gets a say, like it or not.

Now if they hadn't done their homework on the backroom quality of the team in question it gets messy, and I think it shouldn't be being played out in the papers, but if you think amateur hour boards can't learn from successful business men or multinational behemoths you are on the windup.

Local example. Galway United were sponsored by a local property group. Started out as cash for logo. A few years later they are actively involved in the club and building them a training ground. Use the sponsors strengths and contacts. If a second tier LoI club can get 6 figures a year and a facility for free, what could the county board do if arsed?

Not thinking of any examples in particular, but if there is potential fraud going on, I think a sponsor is entitled to know if their loot is going somewhere illegal.
Dunno what the fuss is about, to be honest. It's a governance issue, pure and simple. For the cerebrally challenged, O'Leary can't go around asking the public to donate money for any cause unless the prospective donors are aware of where the money is going and for what reasons it is being collected. If the revenue boys come knocking, Timmy will have to produce invoices, receipts etc.
If it was made clear to the donors that the money was going to be spent on building a centre of excellence or whatever, then he is legally obliged to ensure the money is going where it's meant to go. I don't think it was ever meant to be a handover to the Mayo county board with no strings attached and that it seems was made clear to all before money started changing hands.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

dublin7

Doesnt seem very clear to the Mayo CB though. It seems providing basic information such as plans or architectural drawings is beyond them, never mind receipts, copies of invoices etc

People having a go at the sponsor and not the CB really need wake up

MayoBuck

Dublin posters seem obsessed with this topic for some reason. Almost like they're trying to deflect attention from something else...