Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

ross, you keep trotting out the fact that the McCanns are doing everything in their power to keep the search for their daughter alive as if anyone is even attempting to claim that isn't the right thing to do. That's not what's being discussed.

ross matt

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 13, 2011, 10:17:21 PM
Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 10:16:26 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 13, 2011, 10:12:09 PM
I have kids one is just 4 and the other is 1. There is no way I'd leave them unattendedat night on their beds. I wouldn't leave them anywhere except maybe in tge back yard which is well away from roads and only if I could hear them. It's a different world from the one we grew up in, too many sick f**ks on the world to take chances. That said I feel awful for the mccann family, they paid a terrible terrible price for doing what they did

Yes Myles. Exactly. I've 3 and like you have never and would never leave them. Overly protectful probably. But like you I've huge sympathy for the McCanns and agree they are paying a terrible price.

There are two posters on here. One who has no sympathy. The other who has sympathy but once Madelaine is back would take her and the rest of the kids of her. Oh yeah he also "condemns" them.
You wouldn't condemn them for what they done?
Condemn?????? What planet are you on? I may never have left my kids unattended but I'm not the perfect parent either nor am I the perfect person.  Who am I to condemn them? Look I'm sick repeating myself. I've nothing but sympathy for them.. for any other parent in the same situation.
This is going round in circles.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 10:21:26 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 13, 2011, 10:14:26 PM
Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 10:10:07 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 13, 2011, 09:50:44 PM
Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 09:44:06 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 13, 2011, 09:34:56 PM
Quoteit rich from you considering you posted that the rest of their kids should be taken off them.
If it was some single mother from a council estate who left the children home in bed and popped down to the pub you'd be screaming for social services because she was negligent.

Would I? How do you know that? Gallmans would call that "putting words in someones mouth".

If it's two middle class doctors who leave their children in a holiday apartment in Portugal and go to the pub it's a "mistake" or "foolish". 

At best ye'er comments (as another posted just said) are cold hearted. They made a mistake in leaving her unattended. But they have already paid a massive price for this. As the Father of 3 young girls myself my heart has always gone out to them (not to mention the mental images going through one's head imagining what Madelaine went through).  I really dont give a f**k how much help they get from anywhere. More power to them.
What about the missing children and their families who get no media attention? Does your heart go out to them? How do you feel about the media ignoring them?

Do you really have to ask me that question? Do I Have to answer it? Obviously I do for you. Of course my heart goes out to them or to anyone who loses a child. I already posted that above somewhere. Would 99% of the population not have sympathy for anyone regardless of their class or creed?
Have some compassion for the love of God and done be so judgemental of people who've made a terrible mistake and are paying every second of every day for it.

My lack of sympathy for the McCanns has nothing to do with their class. 
Stop saying they made a mistake, they were negligent, would you leave your children like they did?
If you did and your daughter asked you the following morning why you didnt come when she cried would you leave them again? 
And you never answered my question, how do you feel about the media ignoring so many more missing children?

Where did I say anything about your lack of sympathy being down to their class?  Of course I feel sympathy for the parents ignored by the media. Read my f**king post and stop being so far up your own arse on political correctness. I said (as I assume most people would) feel sympathy for all parents who would lose a child. The McCanns drove the media campaign. I';ve no idea if/why/how other families in similar plights are ignored by the media but I certainly as a parent feel sorry for them all. But you being up on your high moral ground are more selective with your sympathy.
You implied it when you said:
Would 99% of the population not have sympathy for anyone regardless of their class or creed?
Have some compassion for the love of God and done be so judgemental of people who've made a terrible mistake and are paying every second of every day for it.

As for the second bit in bold?
You really don't know?

I was referring to myself when I made that statement. Where did it imply anything about your lack of sympathy being class related?  I assume there are many answers to the 2nd question. Money/status being one of them but there could be many others depending on the case itself etc. The McCann put on ferocious pressure to keep their case in the public eye as is their right.
I've already pointed that out to you but it's hardly worth getting bogged down with.

Money/status is the only reason the McCanns are constantly in the media. 
What sort of a person finds it acceptable that money and status determines how much time and effort goes in to looking for a missing child. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ross matt

Quote from: gallsman on May 13, 2011, 10:23:28 PM
I have kids one is just 4 and the other is 1. There is no way I'd leave them unattendedat night on their beds. I wouldn't leave them anywhere except maybe in tge back yard which is well away from roads and only if I could hear them. It's a different world from the one we grew up in, too many sick f**ks on the world to take chances. That said I feel awful for the mccann family, they paid a terrible terrible price for doing what they did

Yes Myles. Exactly. I've 3 and like you have never and would never leave them. Overly protectful probably. But like you I've huge sympathy for the McCanns and agree they are paying a terrible price.

There are two posters on here. One who has no sympathy. The other who has sympathy but once Madelaine is back would take her and the rest of the kids of her. Oh yeah he also "condemns" them.

Wonderful, so now having gone back on the me having no sympathy bit (apology accepted, by the way) you, along with Sheedy up there, are saying it's acceptable to leave a three year old alone while you bollox off to have some craic. Jesus wept.

In this instance, if you don't condemn that act, you condone it. There's no middle ground.

You're not the brightest are you? ( I was hoping you were being playful with words on the "tick" reference post).
You say you have sympathy for them but you would have ALL their kids taken from them.
So I was being sarcastic in the post to Myles. I dont at all accept you have sympathy for them. I dont apologise at all or take anything back. I actually think like Sheedy said your an arsehole.

gallsman

Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 10:29:19 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 13, 2011, 10:23:28 PM

Wonderful, so now having gone back on the me having no sympathy bit (apology accepted, by the way) you, along with Sheedy up there, are saying it's acceptable to leave a three year old alone while you bollox off to have some craic. Jesus wept.

In this instance, if you don't condemn that act, you condone it. There's no middle ground.

You're not the brightest are you? ( I was hoping you were being playful with words on the "tick" reference post).
You say you have sympathy for them but you would have ALL their kids taken from them.
So I was being sarcastic in the post to Myles. I dont at all accept you have sympathy for them. I dont apologise at all or take anything back. I actually think like Sheedy said your an arsehole.

Grand, your refusal to condemn someone for the act of abandoning their three year old child for the sake of having a bite to eat and some drinks tells me all I need to know about you.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: hardstation on May 13, 2011, 10:27:53 PM
As a side point, do people really think that there are more "sick fcukers" out there now than there were before? I grew up in Andytown in the early 90s, when you got on your bike and took yourself off all day. It was feckin class. It must be clean shite for kids these days.

Maybe there is no difference but there is more awareness now. Knowing what you know would you take a chance. When I was a kid I cycles 2 miles to national school, I walked it some times too. Today that same school has about 2 kids walking and even they are walked by their parents. No one cycles. Parents are afraid me included. That's what makes the mccanns action ai difficult for me to comprehend because they took it to a whole different level.

gallsman

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 13, 2011, 10:35:16 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 13, 2011, 10:27:53 PM
As a side point, do people really think that there are more "sick fcukers" out there now than there were before? I grew up in Andytown in the early 90s, when you got on your bike and took yourself off all day. It was feckin class. It must be clean shite for kids these days.

Maybe there is no difference but there is more awareness now. Knowing what you know would you take a chance. When I was a kid I cycles 2 miles to national school, I walked it some times too. Today that same school has about 2 kids walking and even they are walked by their parents. No one cycles. Parents are afraid me included. That's what makes the mccanns action ai difficult for me to comprehend because they took it to a whole different level.

The internet and technological awareness of kids is undoubtedly a factor as well. Children can be "groomed" in any number of ways, none of which were possible (or imaginable to the average person) 20 years or ago.

tyrone girl

I have heard from sanctimonious dung in my life but some of u take the biscuit. 4 bloody years later and 60 odd pages later and the same crap is being spat from the same mouths.

Minder

On a side note, that Levi Belfield fella that is currently on trial in England for the murder of 13 year old Milly Dowler is one evil bastard. He is currently doing life for the murder of two other young women.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

David Cameron under fire for 'political' intervention in Madeleine McCann case

The Times

David Cameron's decision to ask Scotland Yard to open a review into the case of Madeleine McCann is likely to cost millions of pounds and has sparked a row over political interference in policing.
The move to call in the Metropolitan Police to review the case could also divert resources from other police investigations in London.

A Met source told The Times that the case was case was "entirely political" but said that because it involved a missing child they would do their very best.
The intervention of the Prime Minister and Theresa May, the Home Secretary, in the case provoked controversy at a time when there are fears that the Government's plans for elected police commissioners will lead to politicians interfering in operations.
It also led the mother of Ben Needham, who went missing on the Greek island of Kos in 1991, to demand similar police intervention in her family's case.

Scotland Yard sought to defuse the row today by saying: "For clarity, the Commissioner was not ordered by the Prime Minister or Home Secretary to provide expertise to the Madeleine McCann case.
"He received a request, which he considered, and took the decision that on balance it was the right thing to do. This was subject to funding being made available by the Home Office, as this case is beyond the MPS's jurisdiction."
The Yard also released a letter from Mrs May in which she requested the Metropolitan Police to take up an offer from the Portuguese authorities for British police to help review the case.

Mrs May said the "request is supported by the Prime Minister" but then added that the nature of the co-operation and detail of what it might usefully entail was a matter for the operational judgment of the Met.
Police sources said Mrs May's letter had put the Commissioner in a very difficult position, particularly as it mentioned that the Prime Minister was backing the request for help. "It would have been a very brave Commissioner to turn down that kind of letter, particularly in such a high-profile case where emotions are still running high," a police source said.
Lord Harris of Haringey, who is a member of the Metropolitan Police Authority, said the case was heartbreaking, but argued that the intervention by the Prime Minister raised serious questions about political influence.
Kate and Gerry McCann appealed to Mr Cameron for help in finding their daughter, who went missing during a family holiday in Portugal in 2007, through an open letter in The Sun newspaper.

They asked if he, as a "devoted father and family man", would agree to an "independent, transparent and comprehensive review of all information held in relation to Madeleine's disappearance".
Mr Cameron responded with a promise that the Government would see what more could be done to help in the search. "Your ordeal is every parent's worst nightmare and my heart goes out to you both."
The Home Office announced that British detectives would "bring their expertise" to the search for Madeleine.
But the intervention has caused controversy. Lord Harris claimed that the Prime Minister had driven "a coach and horses" through Home Office protocol that says the operational independence of the policy must be preserved.

"While no one doubts the desirability of doing what can sensibly be done to find out what has happened to Madeleine McCann, I can imagine that the senior leadership of the Metropolitan Police are not exactly happy about this," he wrote.
"It again embroils their officers in a high-profile investigation, where the chances of success are unclear, and which will divert limited investigative resources away from other matters."
He asked if the Met would be the default investigator for every case in the world involving a British citizen. Officers within the Met said the case could cost millions.

One source added: "If the Portuguese say they're not interested then that's it — there's nothing we can do. We were hit with this unexpectedly and yes, it's entirely political, but ultimately a child is missing and we will do our very best to find her, that's what we do."
The source admitted that the Met was coming to the case "completely cold" and would first have to try to assemble the documents collected by Leicestershire Police, which assisted the first inquiry, and to request access to Portuguese files, which would then need to be translated.
There are also now likely to be calls from other families who have been the victim of unsolved crimes abroad.
Kerry Grist-Needham, whose son went missing on the island of Kos in Greece in 1991, said she wanted a similar response in her case. "After the breaking news today I am happy to see the Government's involvement with reviewing missing people cases abroad. I am pleased for the McCann family and look forward to the Government offering the same support to all families with loved ones missing abroad."

Labour said it would support such calls, with a source arguing that the Government should go to all lengths to help families with missing children.
Yvette Cooper, Labour's Shadow Home Secretary, said the party fully backed the McCann's call for information. "A British child is missing, and the British authorities should be doing everything in their power to help in the search — including working with the Portuguese authorities in a review of all the available evidence," she added.
Alan Johnson, the former Home Secretary, had commissioned the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre to look into the feasibility of a case review in the McCann inquiry. That was completed last year but officials have refused to let the family see it because it is too "sensitive".
The McCanns are not pleased with the effort in Portugal, where the case was formally closed three years ago, and hope the Met can bring a new perspective.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Minder on May 13, 2011, 10:38:44 PM
On a side note, that Levi Belfield fella that is currently on trial in England for the murder of 13 year old Milly Dowler is one evil b**tard. He is currently doing life for the murder of two other young women.

Oh yes, what a specimen of just how wrong the genes can go sometimes.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tony Baloney

Did Kate and Gerry share a bottle of Pinot with Cameron?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on May 13, 2011, 11:02:18 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 13, 2011, 10:38:44 PM
On a side note, that Levi Belfield fella that is currently on trial in England for the murder of 13 year old Milly Dowler is one evil b**tard. He is currently doing life for the murder of two other young women.
Was he at UCD?
Aye room 501 in halls.

Minder

They are on Late Late Show now

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on May 13, 2011, 11:14:13 PM
They are on Late Late Show now

Am in Germany and can't access it. If you get the chance, would appreciate a summary.