Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 09:50:12 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 13, 2011, 09:38:55 PM
Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 09:28:00 PM
Bit rich from you considering you posted that the rest of their kids should be taken off them. Not to mention your media/race conspiracy theories. Your comments and those of Pints definitely imply to me you begrudge them the media attention which has helped reopen the case. I could care less whether that offends you or him.

At best ye'er comments (as another posted just said) are cold hearted. They made a mistake in leaving her unattended. But they have already paid a massive price for this. As the Father of 3 young girls myself my heart has always gone out to them (not to mention the mental images going through one's head imagining what Madelaine went through).  I really dont give a f**k how much help they get from anywhere. More power to them.

You really are a complete f**king idiot. "media/race conspiracy theories", eh? Shannon Matthews' family were treated the same way the McCanns were prior to the facts of that case coming to light, were they?

My comments do not begrudge the McCanns that they have managed to get a case reopened, not one little bit.. I begrudge the police and the government for not doing it for everybody else.

Yes, I did post that their other children should be taken from them and placed in care. Anyone who considers it acceptable to leave a three year old alone while they f**k off out to dinner is, in my opinion, unfit to be a parent. That is not a "mistake" - it is complete and utter incompetence.

Oh My god such an intelligent reply.  The names I could call you. Honestly my friend I cant even imagine what makes the like of you tick and I dont really want to find out.

Maybe what makes me tick is having you tell me I begrudge a parent doing everything in their power to find their child.

ross matt

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 13, 2011, 09:51:45 PM
Bit rich from you considering you posted that the rest of their kids should be taken off them. Not to mention your media/race conspiracy theories. Your comments and those of Pints definitely imply to me you begrudge them the media attention which has helped reopen the case. I could care less whether that offends you or him.

At best ye'er comments (as another posted just said) are cold hearted. They made a mistake in leaving her unattended. But they have already paid a massive price for this. As the Father of 3 young girls myself my heart has always gone out to them (not to mention the mental images going through one's head imagining what Madelaine went through).  I really dont give a f**k how much help they get from anywhere. More power to them.

You really are a complete f**king idiot. "media/race conspiracy theories", eh? Shannon Matthews' family were treated the same way the McCanns were prior to the facts of that case coming to light, were they?

My comments do not begrudge the McCanns that they have managed to get a case reopened, not one little bit.. I begrudge the police and the government for not doing it for everybody else.

Yes, I did post that their other children should be taken from them and placed in care. Anyone who considers it acceptable to leave a three year old alone while they f**k off out to dinner is, in my opinion, unfit to be a parent. That is not a "mistake" - it is complete and utter incompetence.
have you even got children arsehole? you have never left them unattened, even for a second in the garden, playing outside etc. 99.9% of parents should have their children taken off them in that is your view. my children have been outside playing today while i was in the house. am i unfit to be a parent?

I refrained from asking either of them that question Sheedy for the simple reason I wouldnt even have thought a person would have had to have children to have sympathy for the McCann parents and all they've gone though.  I've never encountered such santimonious shite as has been posted by Gallsman in particular.

laoislad

have you even got children arsehole? you have never left them unattened, even for a second in the garden, playing outside etc. 99.9% of parents should have their children taken off them in that is your view. my children have been outside playing today while i was in the house. am i unfit to be a parent?

Leaving kids to play in your own back garden is not exactly the same as leaving a 3 year old alone in a foreign country while you went off to the pub.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 10:01:00 PM

I refrained from asking either of them that question Sheedy for the simple reason I wouldnt even have thought a person would have had to have children to have sympathy for the McCann parents and all they've gone though.  I've never encountered such santimonious shite as has been posted by Gallsman in particular.

Well first off you are correct - the fact that I do not have children has no impact on my ability to sympathise with the McCanns, so that's that one out the window. I can't imagine what it would be like if it was one of my nieces of nephews, so I don't dare to imagine what it would be like for a parent.

Secondly, I never once stated I have no sympathy for the McCanns - I have every sympathy in the world for them. That does not prevent me from condemning them for the act of unforgivable gross negligence they committed in the first place.

pintsofguinness

and you can't see the difference from children playing in the garden while you're in the house and leaving them in an apartment and going out boozing? Have you ever left your children at home to go out boozing?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ross matt

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 13, 2011, 09:50:44 PM
Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 09:44:06 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 13, 2011, 09:34:56 PM
Quoteit rich from you considering you posted that the rest of their kids should be taken off them.
If it was some single mother from a council estate who left the children home in bed and popped down to the pub you'd be screaming for social services because she was negligent.

Would I? How do you know that? Gallmans would call that "putting words in someones mouth".

If it's two middle class doctors who leave their children in a holiday apartment in Portugal and go to the pub it's a "mistake" or "foolish". 

What about the missing children and their families who get no media attention? Does your heart go out to them? How do you feel about the media ignoring them?

Do you really have to ask me that question? Do I Have to answer it? Obviously I do for you. Of course my heart goes out to them or to anyone who loses a child. I already posted that above somewhere. Would 99% of the population not have sympathy for anyone regardless of their class or creed?
Have some compassion for the love of God and done be so judgemental of people who've made a terrible mistake and are paying every second of every day for it.

My lack of sympathy for the McCanns has nothing to do with their class. 
Stop saying they made a mistake, they were negligent, would you leave your children like they did?
If you did and your daughter asked you the following morning why you didnt come when she cried would you leave them again? 
And you never answered my question, how do you feel about the media ignoring so many more missing children?

Where did I say anything about your lack of sympathy being down to their class?  Of course I feel sympathy for the parents ignored by the media. Read my f**king post and stop being so far up your own arse on political correctness. I said (as I assume most people would) feel sympathy for all parents who would lose a child. The McCanns drove the media campaign. I';ve no idea if/why/how other families in similar plights are ignored by the media but I certainly as a parent feel sorry for them all. But you being up on your high moral ground are more selective with your sympathy.

Minder

Some of you are missing the point, nobody is begrudging them the help they are getting. What sets a dangerous precedent is when the independence of the police is put at risk (arguments about their competence or otherwise is for another day), they have been asked to investigate a case by the PM who in turn has been pressured into that move by the Sun. What happens if there is a similar case and the Sun or the other media outlets don't deem the case just as worthy and there is no concerted pressure to investigate?The MET should be free to investigate what they see fit, the way it has been politicised by Cameron,which though it looks like he was pressurised by Christ knows who, Murdoch? (Tory donor I believe), stinks.

It is a nice PR exercise for him though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross matt

Quote from: gallsman on May 13, 2011, 10:06:49 PM
Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 10:01:00 PM

Well first off you are correct - the fact that I do not have children has no impact on my ability to sympathise with the McCanns, so that's that one out the window. I can't imagine what it would be like if it was one of my nieces of nephews, so I don't dare to imagine what it would be like for a parent.

Secondly, I never once stated I have no sympathy for the McCanns - I have every sympathy in the world for them. That does not prevent me from condemning them for the act of unforgivable gross negligence they committed in the first place.

mylestheslasher

I have kids one is just 4 and the other is 1. There is no way I'd leave them unattendedat night on their beds. I wouldn't leave them anywhere except maybe in tge back yard which is well away from roads and only if I could hear them. It's a different world from the one we grew up in, too many sick fucks on the world to take chances. That said I feel awful for the mccann family, they paid a terrible terrible price for doing what they did

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 10:10:07 PM
Quoteit rich from you considering you posted that the rest of their kids should be taken off them.
If it was some single mother from a council estate who left the children home in bed and popped down to the pub you'd be screaming for social services because she was negligent.

Would I? How do you know that? Gallmans would call that "putting words in someones mouth".

If it's two middle class doctors who leave their children in a holiday apartment in Portugal and go to the pub it's a "mistake" or "foolish". 

What about the missing children and their families who get no media attention? Does your heart go out to them? How do you feel about the media ignoring them?

Do you really have to ask me that question? Do I Have to answer it? Obviously I do for you. Of course my heart goes out to them or to anyone who loses a child. I already posted that above somewhere. Would 99% of the population not have sympathy for anyone regardless of their class or creed?
Have some compassion for the love of God and done be so judgemental of people who've made a terrible mistake and are paying every second of every day for it.

Stop saying they made a mistake, they were negligent, would you leave your children like they did?
If you did and your daughter asked you the following morning why you didnt come when she cried would you leave them again? 
And you never answered my question, how do you feel about the media ignoring so many more missing children?

Where did I say anything about your lack of sympathy being down to their class?  Of course I feel sympathy for the parents ignored by the media. Read my f**king post and stop being so far up your own arse on political correctness. I said (as I assume most people would) feel sympathy for all parents who would lose a child. The McCanns drove the media campaign. I';ve no idea if/why/how other families in similar plights are ignored by the media but I certainly as a parent feel sorry for them all. But you being up on your high moral ground are more selective with your sympathy.
You implied it when you said:
Would 99% of the population not have sympathy for anyone regardless of their class or creed?

As for the second bit in bold?
You really don't know?

ross matt

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 13, 2011, 10:12:09 PM
I have kids one is just 4 and the other is 1. There is no way I'd leave them unattendedat night on their beds. I wouldn't leave them anywhere except maybe in tge back yard which is well away from roads and only if I could hear them. It's a different world from the one we grew up in, too many sick f**ks on the world to take chances. That said I feel awful for the mccann family, they paid a terrible terrible price for doing what they did

Yes Myles. Exactly. I've 3 and like you have never and would never leave them. Overly protectful probably. But like you I've huge sympathy for the McCanns and agree they are paying a terrible price.

There are two posters on here. One who has no sympathy. The other who has sympathy but once Madelaine is back would take her and the rest of the kids of her. Oh yeah he also "condemns" them.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 10:16:26 PM
I have kids one is just 4 and the other is 1. There is no way I'd leave them unattendedat night on their beds. I wouldn't leave them anywhere except maybe in tge back yard which is well away from roads and only if I could hear them. It's a different world from the one we grew up in, too many sick f**ks on the world to take chances. That said I feel awful for the mccann family, they paid a terrible terrible price for doing what they did

Yes Myles. Exactly. I've 3 and like you have never and would never leave them. Overly protectful probably. But like you I've huge sympathy for the McCanns and agree they are paying a terrible price.

There are two posters on here. One who has no sympathy. The other who has sympathy but once Madelaine is back would take her and the rest of the kids of her. Oh yeah he also "condemns" them.
You wouldn't condemn them for what they done?

ross matt

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 13, 2011, 10:14:26 PM
Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 10:10:07 PM

You implied it when you said:
Would 99% of the population not have sympathy for anyone regardless of their class or creed?

As for the second bit in bold?
You really don't know?

I was referring to myself when I made that statement. Where did it imply anything about your lack of sympathy being class related?  I assume there are many answers to the 2nd question. Money/status being one of them but there could be many others depending on the case itself etc. The McCann put on ferocious pressure to keep their case in the public eye as is their right.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 13, 2011, 10:17:21 PM

You wouldn't condemn them for what they done?

Don't know if condemn is the right word but put it like this. If I left my kids with some one to mind and they put them to bed and went to the pub I think I'd brain them. It would surely have to be described as negligent at least.

gallsman

Wonderful, so now having gone back on the me having no sympathy bit (apology accepted, by the way) you, along with Sheedy up there, are saying it's acceptable to leave a three year old alone while you bollox off to have some craic. Jesus wept.

In this instance, if you don't condemn that act, you condone it. There's no middle ground.