Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

anyone out there with half a heart can only wish them the best in their continued quest to find what happened to maddie.
nil satis nisi optimum

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on May 13, 2011, 08:31:50 PM
Of course the McCann's should do everything in their power to get their daughter back. If they ever do, she and her siblings should promptly be taken off then and placed in the care of a loving family capable of looking after them.

As for the McCann's getting preferential treatment (both police and the way the media treat them), this is undoubtedly the case. The disappearance of Shannon Matthews is an obvious example. Look at the murder of Joanna Yeates before Christmas. The sickening tabloid reporting about her "creepy" and "weird" neighbour had him guilty in the eyes of the retarded mob, some of who showed their faces on this board. I remember one t**t in particular advocating that the police should have tried to
do everything possible to convict the boyfriend because, well, you know, he was her boyfriend. This is the sort of shit that fuels the tabloids in these type of cases.

Affluent, attractive and white - victims of a tragedy.

Poor, "ugly" and often non-white - dreadful parents

Gallsman you forgot to preface Joanne Yeates with sometimes "landscape architect" and just sometimes "architect".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross matt

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 13, 2011, 08:13:13 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on May 13, 2011, 08:04:13 PM
QuoteI wonder how many children has gone missing since Maddie McCann and not a word about them.
Can someone explain to me why should the McCanns receive special treatment? Will the MET be opening any other cases?

How many have gone missing as a result of suspected abduction?

The fact that they are getting assistance from the police force of their country is their right.  I would leave no stone unturned if it was my daughter, so fair play to them.
I don't blame them for asking, I blame Cameron and the Met. Why do they deserve special treatment?
As for the bit in bold, are you serious?
Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 08:02:51 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 13, 2011, 07:52:01 PM
I wonder how many children has gone missing since Maddie McCann and not a word about them.
Can someone explain to me why should the McCanns receive special treatment? Will the MET be opening any other cases?

That's a question for the MET. Hardly the McCann's fault about other kids not getting the same treatment.
In all fairness if you were in Maddie's parent's shoes wouldnt you use every available infleunce possible to maximise publicity and keep the search going? I really dont know how anyone can begrudge them this new investigation. Best of luck to them.
Put yourself in the shoes of a parent who has a child  missing and who never received any of the attention the mccanns get (and who never left their child at home while they go out boozing!).  How would you feel?

Sweet Jesus Christ in heaven! Are you for real? So they deserve this do they? Is that your point? Anyone would with half a heart would feel for ANY  parent who's child was taken. But most (like another poster said) would leave no stone unturned looking for their own child and not worrying about anyone else's. You seem more preoccupied with whats PC. Dont get you or the likes of you that holds this type of opinion or begrduges the McCann's any advantage they get.

Blowitupref

Yes it was foolish the parents left Maddie unwatched as they went out however those are some coldhearted comments above.

The McCann's had/have a huge internet campaign to thank for the ongoing search & i hope they can find closure.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 08:51:43 PM
QuoteI wonder how many children has gone missing since Maddie McCann and not a word about them.

The fact that they are getting assistance from the police force of their country is their right.  I would leave no stone unturned if it was my daughter, so fair play to them.
I don't blame them for asking, I blame Cameron and the Met. Why do they deserve special treatment?
I wonder how many children has gone missing since Maddie McCann and not a word about them.

That's a question for the MET. Hardly the McCann's fault about other kids not getting the same treatment.
In all fairness if you were in Maddie's parent's shoes wouldnt you use every available infleunce possible to maximise publicity and keep the search going? I really dont know how anyone can begrudge them this new investigation. Best of luck to them.
Put yourself in the shoes of a parent who has a child  missing and who never received any of the attention the mccanns get (and who never left their child at home while they go out boozing!).  How would you feel?

Sweet Jesus Christ in heaven! Are you for real? So they deserve this do they? Is that your point? Anyone would with half a heart would feel for ANY  parent who's child was taken. But most (like another poster said) would leave no stone unturned looking for their own child and not worrying about anyone else's. You seem more preoccupied with whats PC. Dont get you or the likes of you that holds this type of opinion or begrduges the McCann's any advantage they get.
Where did I say they deserve it? Though I have to say I don't feel sympathy towards them, I feel anger at their selfishness of leaving their babies in an apartment alone. 
Where did I stay they should stop looking? Where did I say I blamed them for the special treatment they get?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

gallsman

What a ridiculous post. First of all you imply pints has a particular opinion on something and then ask if that is his point. Please for the love of god, without any histrionics, point out where anybody said the McCanns deserved this since this thread was reactivated (Some idiot may have done beforehand. Unlikely but I haven't checked). Go on, do it now. How f**king dare you put words in anyone's mouth to that effect.

Nobody is begrudging the McCanns anything, "they" (myself included) are criticising the cops, the media and the government for appearing to only give a flying f**k about a missing child when it's a particularly high profile case, with the high profile often arising from the family being firmly white middle-class.

ross matt

Quote from: gallsman on May 13, 2011, 09:07:34 PM

What a ridiculous post. First of all you imply pints has a particular opinion on something and then ask if that is his point. Please for the love of god, without any histrionics, point out where anybody said the McCanns deserved this since this thread was reactivated (Some idiot may have done beforehand. Unlikely but I haven't checked). Go on, do it now. How f**king dare you put words in anyone's mouth to that effect.

Nobody is begrudging the McCanns anything, "they" (myself included) are criticising the cops, the media and the government for appearing to only give a flying f**k about a missing child when it's a particularly high profile case, with the high profile often arising from the family being firmly white middle-class.

Bit rich from you considering you posted that the rest of their kids should be taken off them. Not to mention your media/race conspiracy theories. Your comments and those of Pints definitely imply to me you begrudge them the media attention which has helped reopen the case. I could care less whether that offends you or him.

At best ye'er comments (as another posted just said) are cold hearted. They made a mistake in leaving her unattended. But they have already paid a massive price for this. As the Father of 3 young girls myself my heart has always gone out to them (not to mention the mental images going through one's head imagining what Madelaine went through).  I really dont give a f**k how much help they get from anywhere. More power to them.

ross matt

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 13, 2011, 09:07:06 PM

Where did I say they deserve it? Though I have to say I don't feel sympathy towards them, I feel anger at their selfishness of leaving their babies in an apartment alone. 
Where did I stay they should stop looking? Where did I say I blamed them for the special treatment they get?

My God. What a hard man you are. Hope life always stays fine for ya.

pintsofguinness

Quoteit rich from you considering you posted that the rest of their kids should be taken off them.
If it was some single mother from a council estate who left the children home in bed and popped down to the pub you'd be screaming for social services because she was negligent.
If it's two middle class doctors who leave their children in a holiday apartment in Portugal and go to the pub it's a "mistake" or "foolish". 

At best ye'er comments (as another posted just said) are cold hearted. They made a mistake in leaving her unattended. But they have already paid a massive price for this. As the Father of 3 young girls myself my heart has always gone out to them (not to mention the mental images going through one's head imagining what Madelaine went through).  I really dont give a f**k how much help they get from anywhere. More power to them.
What about the missing children and their families who get no media attention? Does your heart go out to them? How do you feel about the media ignoring them?

gallsman

Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 09:28:00 PM
Bit rich from you considering you posted that the rest of their kids should be taken off them. Not to mention your media/race conspiracy theories. Your comments and those of Pints definitely imply to me you begrudge them the media attention which has helped reopen the case. I could care less whether that offends you or him.

You really are a complete f**king idiot. "media/race conspiracy theories", eh? Shannon Matthews' family were treated the same way the McCanns were prior to the facts of that case coming to light, were they?

My comments do not begrudge the McCanns that they have managed to get a case reopened, not one little bit.. I begrudge the police and the government for not doing it for everybody else.

Yes, I did post that their other children should be taken from them and placed in care. Anyone who considers it acceptable to leave a three year old alone while they f**k off out to dinner is, in my opinion, unfit to be a parent. That is not a "mistake" - it is complete and utter incompetence.

ross matt

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 13, 2011, 09:34:56 PM
Quoteit rich from you considering you posted that the rest of their kids should be taken off them.
If it was some single mother from a council estate who left the children home in bed and popped down to the pub you'd be screaming for social services because she was negligent.

Would I? How do you know that? Gallmans would call that "putting words in someones mouth".

If it's two middle class doctors who leave their children in a holiday apartment in Portugal and go to the pub it's a "mistake" or "foolish". 

What about the missing children and their families who get no media attention? Does your heart go out to them? How do you feel about the media ignoring them?

Do you really have to ask me that question? Do I Have to answer it? Obviously I do for you. Of course my heart goes out to them or to anyone who loses a child. I already posted that above somewhere. Would 99% of the population not have sympathy for anyone regardless of their class or creed?
Have some compassion for the love of God and done be so judgemental of people who've made a terrible mistake and are paying every second of every day for it.

ross matt

Quote from: gallsman on May 13, 2011, 09:38:55 PM

You really are a complete f**king idiot. "media/race conspiracy theories", eh? Shannon Matthews' family were treated the same way the McCanns were prior to the facts of that case coming to light, were they?

My comments do not begrudge the McCanns that they have managed to get a case reopened, not one little bit.. I begrudge the police and the government for not doing it for everybody else.

Yes, I did post that their other children should be taken from them and placed in care. Anyone who considers it acceptable to leave a three year old alone while they f**k off out to dinner is, in my opinion, unfit to be a parent. That is not a "mistake" - it is complete and utter incompetence.

Oh My god such an intelligent reply.  The names I could call you. Honestly my friend I cant even imagine what makes the like of you tick and I dont really want to find out.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 09:44:06 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 13, 2011, 09:34:56 PM

Would I? How do you know that? Gallmans would call that "putting words in someones mouth".

Do you really have to ask me that question? Do I Have to answer it? Obviously I do for you. Of course my heart goes out to them or to anyone who loses a child. I already posted that above somewhere. Would 99% of the population not have sympathy for anyone regardless of their class or creed?
Have some compassion for the love of God and done be so judgemental of people who've made a terrible mistake and are paying every second of every day for it.

My lack of sympathy for the McCanns has nothing to do with their class. 
Stop saying they made a mistake, they were negligent, would you leave your children like they did?
If you did and your daughter asked you the following morning why you didnt come when she cried would you leave them again? 
And you never answered my question, how do you feel about the media ignoring so many more missing children?

SHEEDY

have you even got children arsehole? you have never left them unattened, even for a second in the garden, playing outside etc. 99.9% of parents should have their children taken off them in that is your view. my children have been outside playing today while i was in the house. am i unfit to be a parent?
nil satis nisi optimum

gallsman

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 13, 2011, 09:51:45 PM

have you even got children arsehole? you have never left them unattened, even for a second in the garden, playing outside etc. 99.9% of parents should have their children taken off them in that is your view. my children have been outside playing today while i was in the house. am i unfit to be a parent?

No I don't have kids but I do babysit a lot. Have a left kids unattended playing in a garden? Not at three years of age, no. Certainly not while I pissed off for a while to enjoy myself.