Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

All of a Sludden

Kate McCann has a lovely tan at the moment. I guess it's because she's been lying in The Sun all week.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

balladmaker

Are they not entitled to the assistance of the police force of their own country to aid the investigation into their missing daughter?  Who or what type of person would deny them this ...

gallsman

Quote from: balladmaker on May 13, 2011, 07:25:45 PM
Are they not entitled to the assistance of the police force of their own country to aid the investigation into their missing daughter?  Who or what type of person would deny them this ...

I presume it has to do with the fact they are allowed help as much as the Portuguese let them

ross matt

Quote from: balladmaker on May 13, 2011, 07:25:45 PM

Well said!
Entitled to do anything to get their child back or at least find out what happened to her. Cant believe the heartlessness of some of the comments above.

ross matt

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on May 25, 2009, 03:48:46 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on May 08, 2009, 07:31:41 PM
Has this debate about leaving the children on their own not been done to death. Noone is going to agree, there are plenty of people who think it was irresponsible downright stupid and neglectful and there are others who think its something that happens all over the world. Maybe it does maybe it doesnt. Before this case it would have happened a lot more and if it hadnt been madeline mc cann it could well have been another child in another place another time.
What matters is it has happened and that little  girl is out there somewhere dead or alive and no matter what the parents should or shouldnt have done it cant be changed. That one action has devastated and destroyed little madelines life, their twins lives their own lives and their immediate families and i for one feel its just terribly sad and feel nothing but pity for the raw grief they are living with every day of their lives and will until they day they die should their daughter be found or not.

Great post. Agree with you 100%.

Thats a brilliant post Rufus. Sums up how I feel and how I imagine most people who love their kids feel.

pintsofguinness

I wonder how many children has gone missing since Maddie McCann and not a word about them.
Can someone explain to me why should the McCanns receive special treatment? Will the MET be opening any other cases?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 13, 2011, 07:52:01 PM
I wonder how many children has gone missing since Maddie McCann and not a word about them.
Can someone explain to me why should the McCanns receive special treatment? Will the MET be opening any other cases?
Agree with this man. They seem to be getting preferential treatment.

ross matt

That's a question for the MET. Hardly the McCann's fault about other kids not getting the same treatment.
In all fairness if you were in Maddie's parent's shoes wouldnt you use every available infleunce possible to maximise publicity and keep the search going? I really dont know how anyone can begrudge them this new investigation. Best of luck to them.

balladmaker

QuoteI wonder how many children has gone missing since Maddie McCann and not a word about them.

How many have gone missing as a result of suspected abduction?

The fact that they are getting assistance from the police force of their country is their right.  I would leave no stone unturned if it was my daughter, so fair play to them. 

mannix

A lot of kids go missing. Go to YouTube and type in   To catch a predator,  it makes you realize nobody can truly be trusted even if they appear ok, cops,priests,teachers,business men etc, some with kids of their own. I hope  McCann died a quick death and is not being sold to the next bidder in some dungeon in Portugal or the likes.
I have a 3 year old and could not imagine what I would do if someone touched her, I would likely end up dead or in jail. 

pintsofguinness

Quote from: balladmaker on May 13, 2011, 08:04:13 PM
QuoteI wonder how many children has gone missing since Maddie McCann and not a word about them.

How many have gone missing as a result of suspected abduction?

The fact that they are getting assistance from the police force of their country is their right.  I would leave no stone unturned if it was my daughter, so fair play to them.
I don't blame them for asking, I blame Cameron and the Met. Why do they deserve special treatment?
As for the bit in bold, are you serious?
Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 08:02:51 PM

That's a question for the MET. Hardly the McCann's fault about other kids not getting the same treatment.
In all fairness if you were in Maddie's parent's shoes wouldnt you use every available infleunce possible to maximise publicity and keep the search going? I really dont know how anyone can begrudge them this new investigation. Best of luck to them.
Put yourself in the shoes of a parent who has a child  missing and who never received any of the attention the mccanns get (and who never left their child at home while they go out boozing!).  How would you feel?

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

seafoid

I saw a poster for Madeleine in Spain last year on the way to Morocco.
What a nightmare for the family. They'll never get over it.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Minder

Quote from: ross matt on May 13, 2011, 08:02:51 PM

In all fairness if you were in Maddie's parent's shoes wouldnt you use every available infleunce
possible to maximise publicity and keep the search going? I really dont know how anyone can begrudge them this new investigation. Best of luck to them.

The MET were bullied into doing this by The Sun and Cameron. Can you imagine the Sun throwing their weight behind someone from a sink estate Rotherham ? The arguments are well worn but the treatment the McCanns received was disproportionate because of their colour and social standing.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 13, 2011, 08:02:14 PM
Agree with this man. They seem to be getting preferential treatment.

I agree with both of these men.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

Of course the McCann's should do everything in their power to get their daughter back. If they ever do, she and her siblings should promptly be taken off then and placed in the care of a loving family capable of looking after them.

As for the McCann's getting preferential treatment (both police and the way the media treat them), this is undoubtedly the case. The disappearance of Shannon Matthews is an obvious example. Look at the murder of Joanna Yeates before Christmas. The sickening tabloid reporting about her "creepy" and "weird" neighbour had him guilty in the eyes of the retarded mob, some of who showed their faces on this board. I remember one twat in particular advocating that the police should have tried to do everything possible to convict the boyfriend because, well, you know, he was her boyfriend. This is the sort of shit that fuels the tabloids in these type of cases.

Affluent, attractive and white - victims of a tragedy.

Poor, "ugly" and often non-white - dreadful parents