Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hedley Lamarr

I feel for the parents.........who on here with kids hasn't done one of the following

gone to the shop to buy the paper/milk and left kids in car

bought petrol and left kids in car

gone for a meal with baby monitor by side while kids slept upstairs(in hotel/restaurant)

I have done all of the above .........so I must be negligent also. ::)
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

ONeill

Quote from: Hedley Lamarr on May 18, 2007, 11:51:15 AM
I feel for the parents.........who on here with kids hasn't done one of the following

gone for a meal with baby monitor by side while kids slept upstairs(in hotel/restaurant)

1 - YES
2 - YES
3 - DEFINITELY NO
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SammyG

No

Yes but the car was locked and I could see it

Definitely no wouldn't even consider it

brokencrossbar1

QuoteI feel for the parents.........who on here with kids hasn't done one of the following

I have done all of the above .........so I must be negligent also.

Hedley I was with you till the last one but that is just as bad.  When Mrs BC and I got married BC jnr1 was just 2.  We were lucky as the Fermanagh Cement men had a babysitting service in the Hotel and we were able to have a good hooley safe in the knowledge he was ok.  

The media in Britain and here to a lesser extent has the general populace used to hearing every gorey detail of every tragic event.  If this is not available to them sure they can make it up and when push comes to shove stick an apology and retraction on page 17 under the Psychic Live phone lines.  If these papers were any good they would use one of their psychics to find out the real facts ::)

The facts that are known in this case are known.  I think there will be more startling ones to come out as I have a very bad feeling about the way the whole thing is going, but speculation is wrong.  

The simpliest fact is a young angel is missing.  She reminds me of my own daughter and that really scares me.  Whether the parents were right or wrong will have no baring on what the future holds.  No punishment they receive will ever compare to the torment they will subject themselves to.  I obviously fear greatly for the missing girl, but also for the poor twins who may suffer as a result of the possible mental torture that their parents will go through over this.

sureyouwill

No
As Sammy Yes and car was locked and I could see it.
No

But excuse me asking wtf has that got to do with going on holiday leaving 2 one year olds and a 3 year old totally unattended whilst you went out for the night dining and drinking?

Declan

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes - Ostan na Rossa Dungloe and as well as the monitor we went to the room every 15 mins

rosnarun

Lads live in the real world for a minute.
so if you leave a child in the locked car and the car goes on fire would you then be negligent( car fires are as far more common occurances the child snatchings) or do you walk backwards in to the petrol station. why not get you child chipped
as regards 50k on the bed a totallyt facaectious  argument , who carries around 50K all day every day . 50 k does not  need to go to bed at 7pm every evening and be up an 6:30 in the morning.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: sureyouwill on May 18, 2007, 12:40:23 PM

No
No

But excuse me asking wtf has that got to do with going on holiday leaving 2 one year olds and a 3 year old totally unattended whilst you went out for the night dining and drinking?

Hope you didn't hurt yourself when you got down off the cross. Al baby sitters in Armagh area better have police clearance if they are to get a job with you. :o
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

pintsofguinness

QuoteI feel for the parents.........who on here with kids hasn't done one of the following

I've niece and nephew, 9 and 3 and if they were in my care...
1- no
2- 3 year old no - 9 year old probably though it would depend.
3 - certainly not
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

sureyouwill

Quote from: Hedley Lamarr on May 18, 2007, 05:08:30 PM

No
No

Hope you didn't hurt yourself when you got down off the cross. Al baby sitters in Armagh area better have police clearance if they are to get a job with you. :o

Least they would be with baby sitters - that is the whole point - I would not go out for the night and leave my children unattended - any part of that you cannot understand?

Bacon

We never have and never would leave our 2 on their own in a hotel in a forgien country. Children always wake up and go looking for mummy or Daddy. You just don't do it!! When you have children you have to accept that you are responsible for them 100% of the time. That includes holidays. WE only ever leaft ours with their grandparents & even then it was only for a couple of hours. The social life was gone for 10 years but thats the price you pay for having children.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Syd

I am the ultimate cynic but i would not be surprised if the parents of Maddie become minor celebrities from this episode and benefit financially. Its just the way the f**king English media/TV seem to work, there will probably be a pour your heart out story to Mirror/Sun then an appearance on Richard & Judy (is it still on?). The whole thing is getting out of hand, i hope to God they find her safe and well but the whole thing has taken on a life of itself.

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: sureyouwill on May 18, 2007, 10:16:28 PM
Quote from: Hedley Lamarr on May 18, 2007, 05:08:30 PM

No
No

Least they would be with baby sitters - that is the whole point - I would not go out for the night and leave my children unattended - any part of that you cannot understand?

I'll put your name forward for "Buckfast" parent of the year! :D

the Deel Rover

Hedley i don't know why your having a go at sureyouwil, you seem to be saying that he is been overprotective however i agree fully with him.You just can't take chances with your children not in this day and age.   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: the Deel Rover on May 19, 2007, 09:06:50 AM
Hedley i don't know why your having a go at sureyouwil, you seem to be saying that he is been overprotective however i agree fully with him.You just can't take chances with your children not in this day and age.   

It's the sanctimonious drivel that gets me. The McCanns were on holiday and did what lots of parents do when they have young children with them, and I have done also........get the children to bed and then take some time to themselves in what should have been a safe situation.
I would not condemn them......I feel for them.