Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Yeah, got one last week

Declan

The hypocrisy on this story is driving me mad. My heart goes out to that poor child and, despite the mistake they made, the parents and please God she's found alive. However the saturation coverage is scandalous. Does anyone really think that if the parents were unemployed, from a council estate and were out,  leaving 3 kids under 5 alone,  that the treatment would be like this. My arse it would be. They'd have been hung, drawn and quartered by the very cheerleaders who are organising the funding and email campaign.

laughinpaddy

What bugs me about this whole tradgety, is that the parents claim they left their children alone for that one time, but i find this hard to believe.  I don't think that if somebody was going to kidnap a child they would just randomly choose their room :-\
I believe that the person responsible for this terrible kidnapping was watching the family, and seen that at certain times of the day the parents were absent, and therefore seen this as their opportunity to act. 
I ain't gettin on no plane!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: laughinpaddy on May 17, 2007, 01:45:48 PM
What bugs me about this whole tradgety, is that the parents claim they left their children alone for that one time, but i find this hard to believe.  I don't think that if somebody was going to kidnap a child they would just randomly choose their room :-\
I believe that the person responsible for this terrible kidnapping was watching the family, and seen that at certain times of the day the parents were absent, and therefore seen this as their opportunity to act. 

Lot of speculation there Paddy!!!
Tbc....

laughinpaddy

Yes, possibly.  But do you honestly believe that the kidnapper decided on that appartment, out of pure chance ???

rosnarun

some twisted sicko take a child but most of the posters here seem to want to attach blame to the parents, any child whos is allowed out to play is in danger of being kidnapped ,run over , groomed , raped ect but these are very rare occurances should we lock all our childern to their Playstations to grow stupid and obese because one child in a foreign country goes missing ? . statistic would shouw kids are in far more danger in the home or with male relatives than out playing. the fact that the story is still nnews 2 weeks later underlines this point.
. a little perspective please.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

sureyouwill

Quote from: rosnarun on May 17, 2007, 02:00:45 PM
some twisted sicko take a child but most of the posters here seem to want to attach blame to the parents, any child whos is allowed out to play is in danger of being kidnapped ,run over , groomed , raped ect but these are very rare occurances should we lock all our childern to their Playstations to grow stupid and obese because one child in a foreign country goes missing ? . statistic would shouw kids are in far more danger in the home or with male relatives than out playing. the fact that the story is still nnews 2 weeks later underlines this point.

Don't think any comment here suggested that, what a lot of people, including myself have said, is that it was total neglect and totally reprehensible to leave 2 one year olds and a 3 year old unattended whilst their parents enjoyed a night out;  I think you could do with a little perspective yourself.

pintsofguinness

QuoteI'm not entirely sure how leaving kids sleeping in their bedroom can be classified as negligent.  I suspect those saying otherwise don't have any children.
Breathtaking!
I love this argument that anyone who doesn't have kids doesn't know what's acceptable and what's not.

JOe
QuoteDo you think the parents would have left £50k in cash sitting on the bed and went out for something to eat and drink?
Excellent point, nothing else needs said.

The hypocrisy on this story is driving me mad. My heart goes out to that poor child and, despite the mistake they made, the parents and please God she's found alive. However the saturation coverage is scandalous. Does anyone really think that if the parents were unemployed, from a council estate and were out,  leaving 3 kids under 5 alone,  that the treatment would be like this. My arse it would be. They'd have been hung, drawn and quartered by the very cheerleaders who are organising the funding and email campaign.
Agreed. I'm getting sick of it.  Now they're raising funds for the campaign, raising funds for what may I ask?
In the US alone 32,200 children would have been reported missing since then.  (http://www.childfindofamerica.org/)

Quoteany child whos is allowed out to play is in danger of being kidnapped ,run over , groomed , raped ect but these are very rare occurances should we lock all our childern to their Playstations to grow stupid and obese because one child in a foreign country goes missing ? . statistic would shouw kids are in far more danger in the home or with male relatives than out playing. the fact that the story is still nnews 2 weeks later underlines this point.
What are you talking about? The children weren't outside playing. There was 3 babies left home alone.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: rosnarun on May 17, 2007, 02:00:45 PM

your missing the point rosnarun, the fact of the matter is that if maddie was with her parents she would not be missing today.
Whats more important going out for a meal or minding your kids. There is a time and place for everthing. 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

laughinpaddy

Quote from: hardstation on May 17, 2007, 02:09:25 PM
No but, he/she had more than likely seen the children with their parents. He/she could have seen the parents without the children and therefore gone to their apartment. It doesn't say how many times the parents have left the children alone. The same as someone wearing a £2000 watch everyday and then someone noticing that he has gone for a meal not wearing the watch.
I refer you to my first post
Quote from: laughinpaddy on May 17, 2007, 01:45:48 PM

shotstopper1

Just an aside from the McCann case,and as we're in the championship season, should the parents who lose their children at GAA matches also be prosecuted? and maybe have social services take any other children they have into care?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: shotstopper1 on May 17, 2007, 04:01:35 PM
Just an aside from the McCann case,and as we're in the championship season, should the parents who lose their children at GAA matches also be prosecuted? and maybe have social services take any other children they have into care?

Well if they say, leave their 1 year old twins and 3 year old in the hogan while they head over to the cusack, yeah, they should.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ExiledGael

The stories circulating now say that this Murat suspect is a total wierdo. Apparently the police found videos of him slaughtering pets in his house and he has been known to the police in the past for sexually interfering with animals!!  :o
It will all come out in the days and weeks ahead believe it or not, but it's even on some English news wires this evening, still unreported

ziggysego

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 17, 2007, 06:28:35 PM
The stories circulating now say that this Murat suspect is a total wierdo. Apparently the police found videos of him slaughtering pets in his house and he has been known to the police in the past for sexually interfering with animals!!  :o
It will all come out in the days and weeks ahead believe it or not, but it's even on some English news wires this evening, still unreported

There's bound to be some crazy shit stories floating about. Say nothing until you hear more.
Testing Accessibility

bennydorano

The British Media are making shit up as they go along I reckon.  From reading some stuff the Brit MEdia are cracking up with the Portuguese police as they have this peculiar custom of not telling the media their every move ::) as it may have an effect on any future court case (the same law apparently exists in the UK but is ignored).

It must be terrible for the parents(father of 3 myself), but like many others here I've been thinking what the f**k were they playing at and I totally agree that working class parents would have been slaughtered in the media. It does show how fucked up priorities are when this case dominates every news programme  24 hours a day and the world the way it is.