Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Gnevin on May 08, 2009, 05:22:38 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 08, 2009, 05:20:25 PM
There is a subtle difference between cutting the grass and having a couple of pints in a hotel bar or in a restaurant Gnevin, particularly when you are effectively patrolling the entrance to your home when in the garden.
My house has a back door and a side window.

Who said anything about pints?

If the kids are over 7 or 8 they'll get a lot further than 1000 foot and constant ear shot of the parent on a average day.
As kids get older they get more and more independent but I would be sure if a child of mine less than 4 years old (not 7 or eight) would not be left unattended away from the safety of my house, be it in a hotel or a restaurant in a foreign country.

EC Unique

Quote from: Gnevin on May 08, 2009, 05:14:30 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on May 08, 2009, 05:10:02 PM
QuoteWhy its no different than being at home or do you sit and watch your baby 24/7 ?

GNEVIN, are you on the wind up?  A bit of a difference between your child sleeping in their own bedroom, while you watch TV downstairs, and sleeping in a 1000 plus room hotel with hundreds of strangers knocking around, some of whom could access your hotel room with little problem.

Maybe you would do the same, but I wouldn't.  No I don't watch the child 24/7 but I do make sure I know they are in a secure environment 24/7.  An hotel bedroom, isn't exactly secure.

Would you leave a 10 grand watch lying open on a bed in a hotel bedroom?  Or would you lock it in a safe?  A child is priceless, so why would you leave them alone in an unsecure room, with just a monitor.
Your house is only fractionally more secure .

Nonsense!!

Gnevin

Quote from: EC Unique on May 08, 2009, 05:36:09 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on May 08, 2009, 05:14:30 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on May 08, 2009, 05:10:02 PM
QuoteWhy its no different than being at home or do you sit and watch your baby 24/7 ?

GNEVIN, are you on the wind up?  A bit of a difference between your child sleeping in their own bedroom, while you watch TV downstairs, and sleeping in a 1000 plus room hotel with hundreds of strangers knocking around, some of whom could access your hotel room with little problem.

Maybe you would do the same, but I wouldn't.  No I don't watch the child 24/7 but I do make sure I know they are in a secure environment 24/7.  An hotel bedroom, isn't exactly secure.

Would you leave a 10 grand watch lying open on a bed in a hotel bedroom?  Or would you lock it in a safe?  A child is priceless, so why would you leave them alone in an unsecure room, with just a monitor.
Your house is only fractionally more secure .

Nonsense!!

You live in Fort Knox so ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Norf Tyrone

Sweet Geez Gnevin, are you seriously telling me it's ok to leave a child in a hotel bedroom while you head downstairs from dinner with a child monitor?

Why not get the meal brought to the room if you're starving.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gnevin

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 08, 2009, 05:53:49 PM
Sweet Geez Gnevin, are you seriously telling me it's ok to leave a child in a hotel bedroom while you head downstairs from dinner with a child monitor?

It would depend on the child's age but from about 7 + . Yes
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Gnevin on May 08, 2009, 05:55:11 PM

Why not take them with you?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gnevin

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 08, 2009, 06:03:28 PM

To quote the mother when I was younger "Can I not have just 5 minutes alone" . Your on holidays , it's nice to have dinner with just the missus some times

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Gnevin on May 08, 2009, 06:06:03 PM

To quote the mother when I was younger "Can I not have just 5 minutes alone" . Your on holidays , it's nice to have dinner with just the missus some times
Times have changed, for the worse sadly in terms of child abduction.  So our parents generation and now are totally imcomparable IMO.  Children cannot be allowed out of your sight when away from home sadly. 

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 08, 2009, 06:17:38 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on May 08, 2009, 06:06:03 PM

Times have changed, for the worse sadly in terms of child abduction.  So our parents generation and now are totally imcomparable IMO.  Children cannot be allowed out of your sight when away from home sadly. 
Doogie, you can't take your eyes off them for a minute.

My ma always said that to us growing up and I say it now with my own...  :D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Dinny Breen

Gnevin, have you kids?
#newbridgeornowhere

pintsofguinness

Of course it's ok - you've a child monitor on the table so any pervert in the place knows you've left your child in the room alone.  I actually think something like that is worse than waht the mccanns done.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 08, 2009, 07:03:03 PM
Gnevin, have you kids?

he can't have if he did he would not be writing  some of the nonsense that he has been writing in some of his previous posts. i have a seven year old girl and if i was in a hotel i would definately not be leaving her in a hotel alone while i'd be having a meal wouldn't call it been over protective just been responsible
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ludermor

If you brought a wallet full of local currency for your holiday ( like you used to do in the old days) would you leave it on the bed with the door unlocked? Would the missus leave her H Samual gear lying on the bed?

tyrone girl

Has this debate about leaving the children on their own not been done to death. Noone is going to agree, there are plenty of people who think it was irresponsible downright stupid and neglectful and there are others who think its something that happens all over the world. Maybe it does maybe it doesnt. Before this case it would have happened a lot more and if it hadnt been madeline mc cann it could well have been another child in another place another time.
What matters is it has happened and that little  girl is out there somewhere dead or alive and no matter what the parents should or shouldnt have done it cant be changed. That one action has devastated and destroyed little madelines life, their twins lives their own lives and their immediate families and i for one feel its just terribly sad and feel nothing but pity for the raw grief they are living with every day of their lives and will until they day they die should their daughter be found or not.