Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Looks like we'll never know what happened. for what its worth, i believe the McCanns are guilty of serious neglect but no more.

this whole case really gets to me when i think of that helpless little girl taken in the night. i have as sadistic and stinging a sense of humour as the next man. i also hate this pc police thing around jokes. i laugh at most things, no matter if i shouldn't. but i really can't stomach maddie jokes.

scud

Quote from: glenullinabu on July 22, 2008, 07:21:31 PM
Quote from: scud on July 22, 2008, 10:12:18 AM
Statistically, the likelihood of a complete stranger walking off the street, just happening to find unminded children in an unlocked apartment is so low that it would be amazing if the McCann's hadn't been investigated

those paedos are really thick - they wouldnt be able to spot patterns of parents leaving kids unattended ::)
imagine what would happen if they could learn how to switch on computers

what a pile of shite you ar eposting

And how do you suppose these 'paedos' discover these patterns you mention? Stake out apartment buildings in the hope of a lucky break??

I'm not saying they did it, but I see nothing unreasonable in investigating them.

glenullinabu

Quote from: scud on July 23, 2008, 01:08:03 PM
And how do you suppose these 'paedos' discover these patterns you mention? Stake out apartment buildings in the hope of a lucky break??

exactly - how many careless (for want of a worse word) leave their children unattended when on holiday
cant believe how many people admitted to doing same thing - pure laziness and neglect

pintsofguinness

I still think they were involved. 

The very least they should be doing jail time for is child neglect.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ExiledGael

Jail time for not having an eye on your child at all times?
I'd imagine there's a point at every day in life where a parent is not exactly sure where their child (walking age) is, even if it's just in and around the house.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ExiledGael on July 23, 2008, 08:59:28 PM
Jail time for not having an eye on your child at all times?
I'd imagine there's a point at every day in life where a parent is not exactly sure where their child (walking age) is, even if it's just in and around the house.

Yes but that's not the same thing as the McCann's done is it - they left their children at home and headed out to the pub/restaurant.
That's neglect in most people's eyes I would imagine.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Minder

I would imagine the father has paid a price already but its another sign of the consumer culture we live in where parents spend ridiculous amounts of money on their children, with tragic consequences.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

maddog

Hound

Crikey, some interview. I fail to see how the "right to silence" is ever helpful in bringing about justice. You should be left with the choice of telling the truth or lying, and liars are, more often than not, caught out.

However, I can see why she refused to answer. Whether guilty or innocent, those 48 questions had nothing to do with finding Maddie, and all to do with implicating Kate - therefore any lawyer would have told her to keep her mouth closed. If innocent, I don't think she'd have anything to gain by answering.

maddog

Quote from: Hound on August 05, 2008, 12:45:39 PM
Crikey, some interview. I fail to see how the "right to silence" is ever helpful in bringing about justice. You should be left with the choice of telling the truth or lying, and liars are, more often than not, caught out.

However, I can see why she refused to answer. Whether guilty or innocent, those 48 questions had nothing to do with finding Maddie, and all to do with implicating Kate - therefore any lawyer would have told her to keep her mouth closed. If innocent, I don't think she'd have anything to gain by answering.

Fair enough point. If you were in that position (i.e innocent and going out of your head wondering where your child was) you would imagine it would be very difficult to take those questions without biting.

Rossie11

QuoteIf innocent, I don't think she'd have anything to gain by answering.
and if guilty she would have a lot to gain by not answering..

Capt Pat

However, I can see why she refused to answer. Whether guilty or innocent, those 48 questions had nothing to do with finding Maddie, and all to do with implicating Kate - therefore any lawyer would have told her to keep her mouth closed. If innocent, I don't think she'd have anything to gain by answering

No, that is called the police doing their job and interviewing a suspect. If they had arrested a known peadophile and they had refused to answer the questions would you say that is ok as they were simply trying to implicate him. Do you call sitting in a police station for 11 hours and refusing to answer any questions co-operating with the police. If the parents did not co-operate with the police, how do you expect them to find the child. She answered one bloody question. This will show how helpful she was to the police. The one question she answered.

Q.  Are you aware that in not answering the questions you are jeopardising the investigation, which seeks to discover what happened to your daughter?

A.  'Yes, if that's what the investigation thinks.'

This case gets strangere and stranger. The UK based DNA expert did not say it was not maddies DNA. He said"We cannot answer the question: is the match genuine, or is it a chance match?" I think that what that means reading between the lines is that it was a match.

Hound

Any and every lawyer would have told their client, whether innocent or guilty, not to answer any of those questions.

Of course the police were trying to do their job, but if their case was based on trying to get someone to implicate themselves, then they were never going to get a result. FFS, didnt even get a trial never mind get within an asses roar of a conviction.

Capt Pat

I am sorry but her daughter went missing, why would she not answer the questions? She could have answered those questions in an hour and a half and gone home instead of having an 11 hour standoff in the police station. again, why did she not answer the questions? Why would answering the questions have implicated her, if she was completely innocent? Did you read the questions, they look fairly damning on their own, the fact that kate refused to answer them does not really help her case. I have to say that if she was not guilty she should have answered the questions and nothing more could have come of it. Despite the spin being put on this by some of the British press this looks pretty damaging to the McCanns.

Hound

She didnt answer the questions because she is not an idiot.

If my lawyer told me to do something, if I was accused of something, I would do exactly as he told me. The questions had nothing to do with finding the girl, and all to do with trying to implicate the mother.