Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Mr McCann wrote on his blog to mark the six months since his daughter's disappearance: "We have no idea whether she is suffering but we have to hope and pray that she is being treated like a princess, as she deserves."
It's a pity he didn't treat her like that!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Square Ball

Programme on UTV tonigh at 11:05 about the McCanns.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

deiseach

Quote from: gaagaa on November 03, 2007, 06:13:18 PM
they're supposed to be a team with experience of recovering people whi have been kidnapped in south america

what happened the last family they descended upon?

Step. Away. From. The. Frederick. Forsyth. Novels . . .

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on November 05, 2007, 09:55:13 PM
i saw maddy mccann running about the holylands on halloween night... she was dressed up as a 20 year old student tho.

you are a very sad individual.

deiseach

Quote from: Take Your Points on November 08, 2007, 06:21:51 PM
You might note that I do not comment on much of what has happened, I just wish to fuel discussion by providing the latest info.

Is there a one-stop-shop for all these stories? If there's not, you must be scouring the internet everyday for Maddie info.

deiseach

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 08, 2007, 07:00:08 PM
Do you think they are guilty?
You must have formed an opinion by now, otherwise you would have lost interest in the case by now.

He could be an anthropologist, studying our reactions as part of a doctrinal thesis: Child Kidnapping From Cro Magnon Man to Essex Man

gaagaa

regardless of opinion on parents its the child we have to remember

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: gaagaa on November 11, 2007, 01:29:36 AM
regardless of opinion on parents its the child we have to remember

The media in England, and to a lesser extent in Ireland, have forgotten that. The media today do not appear to have the ability to report a story unless they can tell it in terms of some sort of simple conflict and in this case they've chosen to tell this story as the conflict between vacationing English couple versus bungling Portuguese cops. It might as well be a soccer game to them.

Capt Pat

It is just another news story to them. They do not care too much about the child. It has finally been dumped off the front page of the tabloids by a kinky sex murder in Italy of a British student. Are these the biggest most newsworthy stories worthy of a 48 page topic on GAA discussion board. I don't think they are. Why do the British tabloids give so much exposure to paedophiles? It seems to sell the papers but are there other reasons behind it?

gaagaa

keeping the story alive improves the chances of finding the child

Capt Pat

It also sells more newspapers. I think you are wrong, the child is obviously dead. Why keep this story alive for so long?

Before the McCanns the media coverage of paedophilia was bordering on the fanatical in the tabloids.

balladmaker

Quotethe child is obviously dead

What makes you so certain?  Without a body, anything is possible.

gaagaa

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 12, 2007, 11:14:31 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on November 12, 2007, 12:20:46 AM
Quotethe child is obviously dead

What makes you so certain?  Without a body, anything is possible.

It is more than likely that she is dead, the media campaign would have made it almost impossible to keep her if she was abducted.

you dont know that - what if her hair was chopped & dyed?

orangeman

This story is running out of steam FAST.

gaagaa

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 14, 2007, 04:17:04 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 14, 2007, 04:02:25 PM
Or I'm a celebrity get me out of here.

I think they already had their own version of that show, but at least it made them celebrities  ;)

5times in gaa matters you are ususlly making lucid points but on this subject you are going too far
i