Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Sure Irish people are all 'decent'. (I've caught Billy in a spelling error Hurrah Hurrah!) :D

thebandit

Why does the finger seem to be pointed more towards the mother than the father?

TractorTom

Well if you wanted to place bets on which one would crack quickest which one would you choose?

SammyG

Quote from: thebandit on September 11, 2007, 05:02:53 PM
Why does the finger seem to be pointed more towards the mother than the father?

Fairly standard tactic, if the peelers think that one of them did it. You blame the one who's most likely to either crack and confess or get flustered and change their story. You then use this 'evidence' when you interrogate the other suspect and see if his story matches up.

Square Ball

so the prosecutor has passed the files onto a judge, wonder does that mean there may be charges?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

TractorTom

Latest

McCann files to be given to judge  

Portuguese prosecutors are to hand to a judge the files on missing four-year-old Madeleine McCann.
Madeleine's parents - who have been named as suspects - are now waiting to hear what action will be taken.

BBC reporter Caroline Hawley said the options available to the judge included ordering more search warrants and changing the McCanns' "arguido" status.

It had been thought the prosecutor would take longer to study the files, our correspondent said.

On Monday, police handed their files to the Algarve-based prosecutor, Jose Cunha de Magalhaes e Meneses, for him to decide whether to bring charges against Kate and Gerry McCann.

Speaking outside the prosecutor's office in Portimao, Luisa Duarte said Mr Cunha de Magalhaes e Meneses had received the papers and decided they should go before an instructional judge.

The judge has 10 days to make a decision on the files' contents.

The McCanns are back at their home in Rothley in Leicestershire where Mr McCann has described the events of the past week as an "unending nightmare".

Capt Pat

The other thing that has generally stayed out of the press a lot is that the McCanns are both doctors. Doctors are often referred to as Dr Gerry McCann or Dr Kate McCann. It has always been Kate and Gerry McCann in the media with occasional mentions of the fact that they are doctors. The thing I can not fathom is that if the McCanns accidentally killed their daughter that they would go into a panic and hide the body and tell everyone else she had been kidnapped. They are doctors who are very cool operators in my experience and Jerry a cardiologist or heart surgeon you would not expect to be of a panicky mindset. What do the police mean by accidental? They gave her too much sedatives?

The scenario of accidental death doesn't seem plausible. In my opinion if they are involved in the death then it must have been murder. The other scenarion that they want you to beleive is that they are being framed which is not impossible. It is however becoming evident that they were involved in the death of their daughter.

Hurler on the Bitch

Fecking stinks .. gerry springer watching type family would have been convicted by now ... oooozzzeees badness .. just can't pinpoint where ... heart and head scenario and the head's winning!

Square Ball

far, far to many unanswered questions than answered ones. Has the papers going to a judge increased or decreased the chances of further action, or has the prosecutor taken the easy option and just passed it on?

the longer this goes on  and the more information comes into the public domain the moe complecated it becomes and the more stuff comes out of the woodwork, as in:

9:15pm Jane Tanner told police that at this time she went to check on her daughter, who was ill, and recalled seeing Mr McCann talking to Mr Wilkins. As she went into the apartment, she saw a man aged around 35 carrying a little girl wrapped in a blanket.
She thought nothing of it but is now convinced this was the kidnapper. The child's pyjamas matched the description of those Madeleine was wearing. Mr Wilkins apparently saw no such man, and does not remember seeing Miss Tanner. He has told police: "It was a very narrow path and I think it would have been almost impossible for anyone to walk by without me noticing."
9:30pm Dr Matthew Oldfield left the table and offered to check the McCann children. In his first police statement he said he merely listened at the door of apartment 5a but later said he had gone in and noticed that the room seemed lighter than the others, as if the shutters had been opened. He cannot be certain whether Madeleine was there.
Gerry McCann invited Miss Chekaya to join the party at 9.30. Her account apparently contradicts Mr Oldfield, as she claims that no one left or returned to the table in the half-hour she was there.

10:00pm Kate McCann left the table at this time. One tapas bar worker has even claimed that only one person left the table during the evening, a tall man thought to be Dr O'Brien.

There are also conflicting accounts of how much the party drank. One Portuguese newspaper claimed the nine friends downed 14 bottles of wine. The McCanns insist they drank three or four.

Kate McCann ran back to the restaurant at 10pm, saying Madeleine was missing.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Fishbat

The whole truth may never be known - even if they did it and are found guilty in a court of law, it'll be denied til the grave.

How many of these rumours are actually true? like the hair in the boot etc...  you would think their every move would have been monitored after reporting a missing child

Bacon

I think it would be a disgrace if they use the Find Madeline Fund to pay their defence lawyers.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

stephenite

Quote from: Bacon on September 12, 2007, 07:33:41 AM
I think it would be a disgrace if they use the Find Madeline Fund to pay their defence lawyers.

Agreed, any of those who put in significant amounts (Branson?) should come out and say so as well

ludermor

And if they found her body tomorrow what would you like them to do witht he money? People donated that was there perogative i couldnt give a f**k what they do with the cash. I think sometimes people give money to make themselves feel goos rather than for the actual cause itself

Balboa

Quote from: ludermor on September 12, 2007, 09:06:06 AM

And if they found her body tomorrow what would you like them to do witht he money? People donated that was there perogative i couldnt give a f**k what they do with the cash. I think sometimes people give money to make themselves feel goos rather than for the actual cause itself

Perhaps give the money to a worthwhile charity, they were quite explicit that the money would be used to help bring any guilty parties to justice, not to pay their spiralling legal bills.

According to one solicitor, using fund money to help to pay for legal advice would not be an option.

Julian Young, president of the West London Law Society said: "People have given money to help fund the child's return and not help the parents. If it had been said originally that the money was wanted to help with legal fees then people perhaps would not have been so generous."

Billys Boots

QuoteI've caught Billy in a spelling error Hurrah Hurrah

Apologies AZ, I should never post when I'm in a hurry.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...