Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blast05

QuoteThere is a strong possibility, in order to dampen the outrage at their perceived neglect, that they underplayed times/routine etc out of sheer pride and arrogance when first questioned.

On the one hand you give out to POG for presenting 'reported' stories, theories, possibilities, etc and then you come out with the above ......   ::)

Square Ball

right, can anyone here post the facts of the case so far? no speculation, just hard facts, there seems to be very little evidence in the public domain, just paper speculation
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tyrone lady on September 09, 2007, 11:02:38 PM
This is apparently all being further tested to determine the exact nature of what was found. So ur saying that they can be found guilty with all these facts then when asked to present them thats what you come up with??? Strange how you can find them guilty with all these facts but the portguese police havnt nor the public prosecutor for the country. I take it ur well in with the whole investigation to get all these facts, maybe u would share them with us sometime.

I never said i 100% think they are guilty i certainly have not locked them up and thrown away the key..I have stated right from the start that i think something is not  right about the McCanns and i still believe that until they are found completely innocent of all wrong doing
There is enough facts(blood in car) and evidence and irregularities in their stories there to make me have this opinion and the Police having them named as suspects only strengthens this opinion of mine..
If it turns out the blood i the car is nothing then i will consider the case again.
And for all your talk that POG myself and a few others already have them found guilty you seem to be 100% sure they are innocent..Care to tell us why?
And also it's a ridiculous to dismiss someone else's opinion by saying we are believing what we read in the papers because no matter what your opinion on this case everyones views will be shaped by what they read or see on the TV because they are our sources of information and we take what we will from that to form our own opinions
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SuperSub

Quote from: Square Ball on September 09, 2007, 11:42:38 PM
right, can anyone here post the facts of the case so far? no speculation, just hard facts, there seems to be very little evidence in the public domain, just paper speculation

FACT....The Police believe they had some involvement in this otherwise they would not have risked their reputation by bringing them in and naming them suspects
FACT....Maddies blood was  found in a rental car that was rented by the McCanns 25 days after Maddie went missing

ONeill

Quote from: blast05 on September 09, 2007, 11:29:21 PM
QuoteThere is a strong possibility, in order to dampen the outrage at their perceived neglect, that they underplayed times/routine etc out of sheer pride and arrogance when first questioned.

On the one hand you give out to POG for presenting 'reported' stories, theories, possibilities, etc and then you come out with the above ......   ::)

Where did I say this was reported? This is a possibility, nothing more, nothing less. However, I'd never claim it was said, written or reported. Explain where I said this was something reported or something I believe in?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: SuperSub on September 09, 2007, 11:28:06 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 09, 2007, 11:15:23 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 09, 2007, 11:07:59 PM
Circumstantial evidence convicted Rachel O'Reilly's husband. His mobile phone was used to contradict his alibi.

I don't know whether circumstantial evidence can be used as a basis for a case in Portugal but either way they would not want to be proved as having lied about that night.

That's the big one, Muppet. There is a strong possibility, in order to dampen the outrage at their perceived neglect, that they underplayed times/routine etc out of sheer pride and arrogance when first questioned. A lot of us do that. When the actual truth is discovered, be it a matter of 30 -40 mins, the police will start the alarm bells.

A sweeping statement, but two things about doctors, esp English doctors (having had experience - as you have I think - from living over there). Firstly, they can be incredibly arrogant. Secondly, they can be extremely cold in nature and demeanour (something that seems to be a side effect from their career). Both of these characteristics do not endear them to the police and public.

You would think the loss of a child would bring emotion from even the coldest of hearts??

Yes. However, do you know what anguish and emotion they're experiencing behind the scenes? Are you basing this on arranged media Q&A?

SuperSub

Quote from: ONeill on September 09, 2007, 11:56:26 PM

Where did I say this was reported? This is a possibility, nothing more, nothing less. However, I'd never claim it was said, written or reported. Explain where I said this was something reported or something I believe in?

But surely everyones opinions are a possibilty,But your very quick to dismiss them because you think they are being brain washed by the media,But yet its ok for you to give a opinion that also may or may not be true.
Just because you don't agree with everyone it us very unfair to say that you think posters are being led by the media give people more credit.
What makes you so sure they are innocent?

Smokin Joe

Not my own work but I agree with the most of it:

Firstly, the plane landed back in the UK this afternoon and the first people off were a fully-tooled up film crew.

The footage was from a camera that was airside.

This is in a country who will make you drink your child's baby milk because they don't trust you as a passenger to not hide a bomb or a knife in it but will let a film crew through? Ossie's back from beyond the grave with an anniversary message but hasn't considered that rather than use box cutters and shoe explosives, you can just fill a camera with Semtex and hide a gun in a fluffy mike. "War on terror (Press excepted)" it seems.

Take pictures like that at a Greek airport and see the outrage you cause... EasyJet are very generous with their hand luggage allowance, it seems.

Secondly, had I been on that plane I'd have lamped any cameraman who filmed me descending from the plane as a private citizen, more so if I'd have had my nippers with me. Even if you are allowed to conduct your f**king circus (see above) I'm not a part of it and you can turn it off or I'll turn it off for you. I'm not as a rule a violent man but I can be goaded.

Thirdly, the request for privacy. Given the cottage industry that the friends and family have generated aside from the European Tour, this is a bit rich having all but arranged for the uninvolved to be plastered over the BBC while carrying their donkey souvenirs.

I'd have tried to have been first off the plane, f**k the statement and gone through normal baggage control with a car waiting out front. I'm a private citizen and I've done nothing wrong. Get out the way.

Mind you, I don't have a lot of time for the press. Today to me amply demonstrated why. They believe the world owes them an explanation and it might when it's the leader of the free western world explaining why he's dropping bombs on Baghdad, but two people from Leicester whose daughter is missing and who everyone knows cannot now reveal any details? Bollocks.

Fourthly, as Robert Murat was not quite a suspect as an arguido but the McCanns are, has Portuguese law changed recently? And if all three are, is it for abduction, murder, both or neither?

Fifthly, does a 25 day old corpse still have blood about it? And who had the car 25 days previously?

The reporting is sloppy, the slant is still (even from the Home Secretary) that Portugal is a wonderfully backward country and when they ask, we'll sort it out for them and frankly, it's not even a story any more. the missing child has become unimportant to the press - it might as well be "What Kate and Gerry did next". Madeleine McCann lost her surname after about a fortnight and the press worked off the brief then that she was dead but wouldn't dare say it. Now they don't even bother as it's considered a given.

Who are the biggest manipulators? Not the McCanns. The press do it, have done it for so long that it would take a real master to outdo them. The world has yet to produce such a being.

ONeill

Quote from: SuperSub on September 10, 2007, 12:25:38 AM
Quote from: ONeill on September 09, 2007, 11:56:26 PM

But surely everyones opinions are a possibilty,But your very quick to dismiss them because you think they are being brain washed by the media,But yet its ok for you to give a opinion that also may or may not be true.
Just because you don't agree with everyone it us very unfair to say that you think posters are being led by the media give people more credit.
What makes you so sure they are innocent?

I wouldn't lambaste anyone's opinions. It's when people start to say 'this happened' or was 'reported' that things become annoying and childish. If you can pinpoint where i dismissed an opinion, I'll accept it. I simply detest the way some take tabloid gossip as gospel.

As for their innocence - if there was a pendulum for my thinking, it would sway from innocence to not sure. My feeling is that they couldn't have kept this quiet for so long, as a number of people would need to have been involved. However, anything's possible.

Tyrone lady

I do not believe 100% they are innocent , as i dont know. I dont think they did it and please stop sayin that i base my judgements simply on the fact that people wouldnt do this to a child. I am neither stupid or naieve and please dont speak to me as such. I believe for several reasons they didnt do it, as i dont see how they could have hidden the body in an area they arent sure of, how it wouldnt have smelled and been found, how they would have had the opportunity to move it without somoene else help, and if they had have had someone elses help i doubt it would have been kept secret and also the fact that these people arent stupid. Would they really think they could get away with it, very few get away with murder these days and why would they be that stupid to think they would get away with it. Anyway these are all only my opinions, i dont have any facts to say they defnitely did do it, nor do i have facts to say they defnitely didnt do it. As several people said previously in the world we live in today anything is possible, even the most unlikely of scenarios. We may never know exactly what has happened

maxpower

like O'Neill my opinion on the events sways from believing they are innocent to not being sure at all, and it is largely based on what i read, what else could it be as i have no insider knowledge fo the case.

I would seriously question the ability of Kate and Gerry McCann to carry out so many media appearances, meeting the pope etc if they where carrying the burden of accidential death on their shoulder and the serious guilt of not even giving there wee girl a decent burial

With the constant media scum surrounding them how to they hide a body for 25 days and then move it?

WOuld there be blood on a corpse after 25 days, again an expert on the radio says no?

would there be blood at all in an overdose case?

Why did the police accuse Gerry of overdosing the child and Kate of an act of aggression?

How many millions has that area lost, and continuing to lose in tourism while this case rumbles on unsolved?

At the minute i'm unsure what has happened, the McCanns are certainly not blame free in any possible scenario but i don't think they are as guilty as has been made out lately.  i certainly hope not
What happens next????

Wee Roddy

Supersub, where is it fact that Maddies blood was found in the car? Anyone who understands DNA knows that this is not infact true. The DNA could equally have come from the hair of one of the twins. If the police were sure it was Maddies blood the McCanns would not be back in England!

blast05

QuoteWhere did I say this was reported? This is a possibility, nothing more, nothing less

QuoteIt's when people start to say 'this happened' or was 'reported' that things become annoying and childish.

So am i to take it from all this that anything that is reported in the press is an impossibility in your opinion whereas your stated opinions are possibilities ?
I think we are all aware there is very little hard evidence in this case and that 99% of the stuff that is reported in the press regarding this case is a possibility based on the opinion of the reporter (regardless of whether there is an unofficial source or not) and that a lot of it is untrue. This is the same as you presenting your opinions. They are as you say, possibilities.
So how you can take some high moral ground here and rubbish anyone who repeats the possibilities as presented by reporters and then come out with your own 'possibilities' in almost the same breath ?!!

TractorTom

It's just a point of order folks but it may be an important one. Repeatedly people here are mentioning the presence of the missing child's blood in the boot of the hire car. It was bodily fluid which was discovered, it is possible therefore that it was not blood.

Wee Roddy

My point exactly Tractortom. People watch CSI Miami and they think that DNA is the real deal but it is not. The Birmingham Six were convicted because DNA samples "proved" that they had handled explosives. It was proved later that they may have handles explosive.....or playing cards and many other things that have a similar makeup.

Everyone has there thought but i think that someone close to the McCann's will eventually be caught.