Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: balladmaker on September 08, 2007, 12:53:30 AM
Also, I just can't see how the police can expect to pin it on them via evidence of Maddies blood found in a rental car, which was hired by the McCann's five weeks after their child went missing. 

This evidence is based on British cadaver dogs (who were also used to solve crimes in Ireland). They are trained to detect the scent of a corpse, but can only do so if a corpse has been present for more than 1 and half hours minimum. The scent can also be transferred. According to the so called leaks, the scent was detected in the apartment and also the second apartment rented by the family, as well as the car rented 25 days after the disappearance, along with some items of clothing. The dogs were videod and the evidence can be used in court. The fact the the scent was detected contradicts and abduction theory as the friends and family claim the children were being checked at regular intervals, and raises the question how the corpse scent could have developed. This obviously sounds very CSI, but these dogs were supplied by the British police, the forensic evidence was conducted in Birmingham, and therefore one can hardly accuse the local police of trying to frame the family.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Turlough O Carolan on September 08, 2007, 01:17:37 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on September 08, 2007, 12:53:30 AM
Also, I just can't see how the police can expect to pin it on them via evidence of Maddies blood found in a rental car, which was hired by the McCann's five weeks after their child went missing.

This evidence is based on British cadaver dogs (who were also used to solve crimes in Ireland). They are trained to detect the scent of a corpse, but can only do so if a corpse has been present for more than 1 and half hours minimum. The scent can also be transferred. According to the so called leaks, the scent was detected in the apartment and also the second apartment rented by the family, as well as the car rented 25 days after the disappearance, along with some items of clothing. The dogs were videod and the evidence can be used in court. The fact the the scent was detected contradicts and abduction theory as the friends and family claim the children were being checked at regular intervals, and raises the question how the corpse scent could have developed. This obviously sounds very CSI, but these dogs were supplied by the British police, the forensic evidence was conducted in Birmingham, and therefore one can hardly accuse the local police of trying to frame the family.

Fecking hell...

I challenge anyone to read the da's blog and argue the are the words of a man grieving for his daughter!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

bcarrier

Fluffy Che

Gerry now a suspect....3 suspects, one crime. Guilty!

Yon other boy, a stalking horse.
Midnight to Six..

Square Ball

a lot of the speculation must center around the secrecy laws in Portugal, without the constant updates from the police the media, and ourselves, fill the void with all sort of theories, ranging from the logical to the not so.

One of the many things I cannot comprehend, is this time frame:

Maddie and the twins put to bed, time i dont know,

9:00 checked by gerry and all OK

9:30 checked by a friend and all OK

10:05 maddie missing

I only found out last night on the BBC that it was a friend that checked the children at 9:30, if say this check diddnt happen and this time has been thrown in to assist the McCanns that means that Maddie could have been missing for over an hour giving anyone ample time to flee the scene.

I believe the mother of another child who disappeared while on holiday was interviewed on TV during the week, anyone see this or can remember the childs name?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

tintin25

Quote from: Square Ball on September 08, 2007, 09:59:42 AM
a lot of the speculation must center around the secrecy laws in Portugal, without the constant updates from the police the media, and ourselves, fill the void with all sort of theories, ranging from the logical to the not so.

One of the many things I cannot comprehend, is this time frame:

Maddie and the twins put to bed, time i dont know,

9:00 checked by gerry and all OK

9:30 checked by a friend and all OK

10:05 maddie missing

I only found out last night on the BBC that it was a friend that checked the children at 9:30, if say this check diddnt happen and this time has been thrown in to assist the McCanns that means that Maddie could have been missing for over an hour giving anyone ample time to flee the scene.

I believe the mother of another child who disappeared while on holiday was interviewed on TV during the week, anyone see this or can remember the childs name?

Ben Needham I think his name was. Went missing in Greece in 1991.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

muppet

Quote9:30 checked by a friend and all OK

Turns out all the friend did was put his ear the door. As he heard nothing he assumed all was ok.

One annoying thing about cases like this it the amount of people (especially the media) that justifiy their initial guilty or not guilty hunches on appearances. Do people really think they can tell guilt looking at behaviour in a few photos and news reports? Why do we even bother with a trial?

Given that their are usually only two possibilities, gulity or not guilty, people will therefore have a 50% success rate with their hunches. That Dingo case demonstrates how dangerous it is to let the media steer our opinions.
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

QuoteOne annoying thing about cases like this it the amount of people (especially the media) that justifiy their initial guilty or not guilty hunches on appearances. Do people really think they can tell guilt looking at behaviour in a few photos and news reports? Why do we even bother with a trial?
No one is doing that, some just find their behaviour unusual. 

QuoteThat Dingo case demonstrates how dangerous it is to let the media steer our opinions.
The media have been with the McCanns from day one!

seanf

Maybe after all the abuse they have had, the Portuguese police will get commended for unravelling a massive cover up whilst being under pressure from the worlds press!

You never know!

Balboa

Quote from: seanf on September 08, 2007, 12:04:15 PM
Maybe after all the abuse they have had, the Portuguese police will get commended for unravelling a massive cover up whilst being under pressure from the worlds press!

You never know!

I know, can you remember the British media about a month into the story, backward Portugese police, incompetence etc......

muppet

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 08, 2007, 11:59:10 AM
QuoteOne annoying thing about cases like this it the amount of people (especially the media) that justifiy their initial guilty or not guilty hunches on appearances. Do people really think they can tell guilt looking at behaviour in a few photos and news reports? Why do we even bother with a trial?
No one is doing that, some just find their behaviour unusual. 

QuoteThat Dingo case demonstrates how dangerous it is to let the media steer our opinions.
The media have been with the McCanns from day one!

That is the point. What business do the media have taking sides?
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 08, 2007, 12:14:26 PM
The British media seem to be taking the side of the McCanns, whereas the rest of the world seem to be questioning their involvment.

Reporters should report, not tell us what to think.
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

Quote from: muppet on September 08, 2007, 12:24:16 PM
The British media seem to be taking the side of the McCanns, whereas the rest of the world seem to be questioning their involvment.

Reporters should report, not tell us what to think.

Agree.

Balboa

Because of their initial almost canonisation of the Mc Canns they may find it difficult turning on them just yet, but mark my words if they are found guilty the media will turn on them or they will lose all credibility.There will be a story in Sun/Mirror from an ex boyfriend/girlfriend of Mc Canns saying they always thought they were evil........