The Bloody Friday Massacres - 21st July, 1972

Started by Evil Genius, July 21, 2012, 05:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

I know, Minder.  I was just wondering why EG was canvassing the opinions of Armagh board members.

Gazzler

Quote from: Oraisteach on July 21, 2012, 11:14:38 PM
I know, Minder.  I was just wondering why EG was canvassing the opinions of Armagh board members.
Because they were knocked out of the Championship early and have nothing else to be doing?

Shamrock Shore

I, too, would like to know why EG thinks every Irish person needs to see this on a "compulsory" basis.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Oraisteach on July 21, 2012, 11:14:38 PM
In direct response to Armaghniac being from Armagh

Oraisteach

I must be thick, Tony.  So if someone from Hackballscross posted something, EG would seek feedback from Louth posters.  The 1972 bombings occurred in Belfast, didn't they, and affected all of us in the North.

optimus cheese

I didn't watch it, I can't be arsed really.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

dillinger

I think to my-self, there are still a few out there to-day who are prepared to return to those death and destruction days.

Oraisteach

If I could access it, I'd definitely watch it.  With TYP on this one.  Was 17 at the time.

Ulick

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 22, 2012, 05:13:27 PM
I watched it and it was tough viewing with the concentration on the victims and their families. Too often the victims remain statistics and rarely are portrayed as people.

Well worth watching, I was 14 at that time and I think everyone under 30 should watch this programme to see the devastation caused by such violence and its futility.

What makes you think violence is futile?

Ulick

The Brits held half the globe through the use of violence and Hilter was overthrown through the use of violence. Hardly futile.

AQMP

Watched the programme, uncomfortable viewing.  Was in central Belfast that day, uncomfortable viewing.

T Fearon

Was not long into my teens when this happened.The scenes on tv on the night in question, particularly the shovelling of human remains into plastic bags remain to this day among the most harrowing of the entire troubles.A grim day indeed, like so many more achieved nothing but heartache and misery.

T Fearon

Was not long into my teens when this happened.The scenes on tv on the night in question, particularly the shovelling of human remains into plastic bags remain to this day among the most harrowing of the entire troubles.A grim day indeed, like so many more achieved nothing but heartache and misery.