Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: Take Your Points on June 06, 2010, 07:29:25 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on June 06, 2010, 03:24:16 PM
If you study in England then you have to do the certificate seperately i think.

Are you going for primary or secondary, Jim?

Primary. Tough year ahead of me!

JimStynes

Quote from: Take Your Points on June 06, 2010, 10:58:05 PM
It will be tough in England, expect one good school and one inner city but it will be great training, better than you would have in familiar situations at home.

You will need the RE cert to get a job back home.

Applied for it last week so hope to get the RE cert before i start the PGCE in September. Going with that life light crowd that the lads were talking about earlier. Pain in the ass having to do it over the summer but suppose better doing it now than when i'm in the middle of the PGCE.

Where did you do your PGCE TYP?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on June 07, 2010, 08:31:21 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on June 06, 2010, 10:58:05 PM
It will be tough in England, expect one good school and one inner city but it will be great training, better than you would have in familiar situations at home.

You will need the RE cert to get a job back home.

Applied for it last week so hope to get the RE cert before i start the PGCE in September. Going with that life light crowd that the lads were talking about earlier. Pain in the ass having to do it over the summer but suppose better doing it now than when i'm in the middle of the PGCE.

Where did you do your PGCE TYP?
I don't know if they had such a thing back then!

ONeill

Quote from: Take Your Points on June 07, 2010, 09:44:23 PM
  I had heard that teacher's got it handy

You're slipping, old man. The same thing happened SaffronSam a couple of years ago. It was hard to watch it, in all its horrible glory on this board. For his own good they moved him across to the 'timetable dept' at the school before it became embarrassing for all concerned.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

There are good teachers.
There are crap teachers.

There are hard working teachers.
There are lazy teachers.

There are teachers who are capable of management.
There are teachers who are not capable of management, but think they are.

I hope everyone is lucky enough to get the first category.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

drici

Quote from: ONeill on June 07, 2010, 10:54:13 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on June 07, 2010, 09:44:23 PM
  I had heard that teacher's got it handy

You're slipping, old man. The same thing happened SaffronSam a couple of years ago. It was hard to watch it, in all its horrible glory on this board. For his own good they moved him across to the 'timetable dept' at the school before it became embarrassing for all concerned.

Orior

So whats the plan, TYP?

Get the handicap down, or 6 weeks on a campsite in the South of France?

Aaron Boone

So do teachers get paid during the summer as they do the other 10 months?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Teachers might prefer to call it a Retainer.

maggie

Happy holidays is right.
Gonna enjoy my lie in tomorrow.

Farrandeelin

Seen as I was part-time last school year, I won't be receiving a cent. Unless I go on the dole, which (once again) I won't receive any money.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

FermGael

and that's that.  enjoy the break
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

My mates are just past 30 and 2 years ago in the pub we figured out if they worked 12 months on their pay scales (before all the add ons) they would be on about €60,000 a year. They thought this was very funny and the big grins on them. But now that the recession is in town these Unionised anchors on the Irish economy are no longer laughing about it, trying to play the beal bocht  >:( I make sure to remind them, nothing more fun than embarrasing a group of people who can never be sacked and never have to meet a performance review where their job is on the line or their level of salary and are ever so smug about it. They are most certainly among the higher income earners in this country but are in denial because they compare themselves to the CEO of AIB or Bono.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 30, 2010, 02:19:28 PM
My mates are just past 30 and 2 years ago in the pub we figured out if they worked 12 months on their pay scales (before all the add ons) they would be on about €60,000 a year. They thought this was very funny and the big grins on them. But now that the recession is in town these Unionised anchors on the Irish economy are no longer laughing about it, trying to play the beal bocht  >:( I make sure to remind them, nothing more fun than embarrasing a group of people who can never be sacked and never have to meet a performance review where their job is on the line or their level of salary and are ever so smug about it. They are most certainly among the higher income earners in this country but are in denial because they compare themselves to the CEO of AIB or Bono.

I'd say you're some craic to go drinking with  :)