Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 28, 2009, 07:05:59 PM

Agree, at least gaffer you can punish someone giving you bad manners, try being in a job where youve to deal with members of public all day talking to you like a piece of shit and you have to stand there with a smile on your face and take it.

Well the parents drop/pick up their children every day, there is usually something they have to whinge about and everything is your fault so yes, we do stand there and take while smiling sweetly because their cherub 'doesn't do that at home'.

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 29, 2009, 01:33:18 PM
Quote from: maggie on March 29, 2009, 01:26:18 PM
Sure us infant teachers get it handiest of all.
The children play all day, hide and seek, sleepy lions etc.  ::)  ::)
Well...yeah!

Now pints if you believe that, you really know sweet f.a.

ONeill

Boys and blades, tis the best job in the world. We're paid relatively well, have great holidays, short working day, would have to be really crap to be sacked, spend much of the day talking football/fashion, drink tea/coffee/water, go out on the piss paid for by a good principal, get all manner of equipment home for personal use, highly respected and deeply admired by the community who think we're working our balls off, relatively indispensable...it's no wonder the green eyed monsters are about!!

Oh, and we live til an average age of 93 such is the peaceful lifestyle.

Oh and the early finishes means we can do a bit of gardening, yoga, gym work, sleep, archery, canoeing etc before the average man/woman gets home from work. The evenings are then hard to fill such is the vastness of free time.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

FermGael

So the inspection went well then  ;)
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on March 29, 2009, 06:29:25 PM
Boys and blades, tis the best job in the world. We're paid relatively well, have great holidays, short working day, would have to be really crap to be sacked, spend much of the day talking football/fashion, drink tea/coffee/water, go out on the piss paid for by a good principal, get all manner of equipment home for personal use, highly respected and deeply admired by the community who think we're working our balls off, relatively indispensable...it's no wonder the green eyed monsters are about!!

Oh, and we live til an average age of 93 such is the peaceful lifestyle.

Oh and the early finishes means we can do a bit of gardening, yoga, gym work, sleep, archery, canoeing etc before the average man/woman gets home from work. The evenings are then hard to fill such is the vastness of free time.
Maybe in the 1950s O'Neill. In these times when almost anyone can go to university I'm afraid your profession is now devalued. At least in previous posts you have come out and said that teachers have little to moan about with the times that are in it. I don't think one person on here is jealous of teachers - I'm married to one so I know the craic!

The problem people have with teachers is that they and their  unions continually gripe and moan about their lot. If they were brain surgeons or nurses or down a mine for a shilling an hour they might expect more sympathy. As it stands most people wish they would just shut the f**k up! That includes you Mrs. B ;)

ONeill

Your wife's keeping it from you. TYP could tell you. At PT meetings we get parents practically kneeling in front of us in reverence. I find it embarrassing but you get used to it. Sometimes I implement my authority by simply waving the parents away if I don't like the look of them. On other occasions the suggestions made by mothers in order to get Johnny a higher grade makes me blush. If I walk into Raffo's or Landi's I walk to the front and no one bats an eyelid. It is a feeling of power that shouldn't be there but it becomes addictive. I've never paid for a pint in the locals either. I do hope it changes and we are treated like normal citizens as some abuse the power but until then I'll reap the benefits.

ONeill

under the bar

Quotehttp://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090331/tuk-sexiest-teacher-trouble-over-thong-w-45dbed5.html

All well and good giving us the story O'Neill but wheres the link to the pic in question?? :P

maggie

Finish school tomorrow at 2o'clock.
Off for two weeks.
I love my job.

ONeill

Quote from: maggie on April 02, 2009, 09:58:06 PM

Finish school tomorrow at 2o'clock.
Off for two weeks.
I love my job.

I'm quitting at 12.30.
Should be wrote off by 3.

Puckoon

Feckin hell lads, thats brilliant.

ONeill

Sounds a bit gay to me.

I will pump my dough into the struggling Belfast wateriing houses.

Apparently there may be wemen in the Belfast route so SS2 not allowed.

ONeill

No, i've decided to take a route from the Stranmillis area to the Duke to a Rooster.

But probably, yes.

Puckoon

Wasnt there a recent report on the board of a man pimping out a 16 year old and paying her with chicken nuggets?

ONeill

Mmm, you see - you wouldn't get a woman gossiping like thon boy!

Main Street

I can testify to the wonderful life of the honourable state employed teacher.  I am married to one and the lifelong economic certainty is indeed greatly reassuring.
On the other hand there is a serious price to pay to be married to these specimens.
She can't cook, never listens, never takes responsibility, she thinks she is unsackable even in the face of blatant slovenly behaviour. She has the illusion that as long as she has some excuse then that makes it okay.
She has an infinite capacity to deflect blame to anyone and anything at anytime. Teachers are not the brightest sparks to be married to.
But I have managed to convince her of the evils of credit cards and with her almost total computer illiteracy I have also to manage the on-line accounting of her monthly fortune that drops into her bank account.