Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: armaghniac on February 09, 2014, 11:01:41 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 09, 2014, 10:12:04 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 09, 2014, 07:28:45 PM

However, I suspect second level schools could squeeze in an extra week or so.
Just because you want teachers to be seen to be working for their wage doesn't mean children should be made to suffer them for an extra week.
You can demand that the teachers do community service instead, anything, but leave the kids out of it.

No, I'd make the kids do it too. Young people today are often ignorant.

Exactly, teachers and children over say 14 should have to do community service for say 8 of those weeks. They could start by building a motorway from Cork - Derry.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Cold tea

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 09, 2014, 03:29:17 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 09, 2014, 10:56:46 AM
Quote from: Cold tea on February 09, 2014, 10:07:28 AM
Quote from: laoislad on February 08, 2014, 05:18:41 PM
Quote from: Rois on February 08, 2014, 05:15:49 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 08, 2014, 12:40:59 PM

If I had a gripe about the profession, it would be the attitude of trainee teachers. There seems to be a lack of willingness to really embrace the job and go all out to impress prospective employers by working damn hard. Maybe that's the same everywhere. Young'uns nowadays.

It's the same in our place.

It's the same everywhere. I've had apprentices that just didn't give a shite.
I would have gotten a kick up the hole if I was at that craic,from my boss and from my aul fella.

And in all these situations do these young un's get extra salary / reward for going above and beyond and busting their hole.  I think fair play to this generation you work to live, gone are the days where people will be treated as mugs and work for nothing, fair play to them - wish i had the balls when I was younger to say it's 5pm I am away home to my life.
I think you have missed the point (not for the first time). It is what they do, or don't do, between 9 and 5 is part of the issue.

People not pulling their weight during working hours really pisses me off.     I also find it a bit irksome that some people timewatch and are ready to head for the door bang on finishing while others will continue to work to help colleagues and service users/clients/customers (pick approp) or even complete tasks the person in a rush to leave should of done.

Again what incentive is for the person to stay beyond their contractual hours, fair play to them I say.  It's amazing that it's always the lowest paid who are expected to stay on whilst managers swan in and out whenever they want.

Cold tea

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 09, 2014, 04:20:17 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 09, 2014, 04:02:42 PM
Oh, you stayed behind to do someone else's work- have a gold star. Remember, folks, 10 gold stars in 1 month and your boss will treat you to coffee!

I must be a few stars off a coffee plantation at this stage. Lazy bastids, with their "I have children at home", should have kept their legs crossed imo.

You sound like a p***k in our place.  So people with children who want to get home and collect them from nursery before it closes are lazy b**tards, you sound like one complete f**king ballbag.  Keep staying back and rack up them gold stars - muppet!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Cold tea on February 10, 2014, 08:29:12 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 09, 2014, 04:20:17 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 09, 2014, 04:02:42 PM
Oh, you stayed behind to do someone else's work- have a gold star. Remember, folks, 10 gold stars in 1 month and your boss will treat you to coffee!

I must be a few stars off a coffee plantation at this stage. Lazy bastids, with their "I have children at home", should have kept their legs crossed imo.

You sound like a p***k in our place.  So people with children who want to get home and collect them from nursery before it closes are lazy b**tards, you sound like one complete f**king ballbag.  Keep staying back and rack up them gold stars - muppet!

Are you one of those ones sneaking out early leaving others to do your job? You get no thanks in my job for staying late but it is one of those jobs where you cannot just leave things undone until tomorrow, it is a 24 hour setting. I was joking about the children bit, playing along with hardstations comment. Many people use that excuse every day, so they expect other people to stay late because someone has to. Some jobs don't have the luxury of a closing time.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Cold tea on February 10, 2014, 08:26:07 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 09, 2014, 03:29:17 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 09, 2014, 10:56:46 AM
Quote from: Cold tea on February 09, 2014, 10:07:28 AM
Quote from: laoislad on February 08, 2014, 05:18:41 PM
Quote from: Rois on February 08, 2014, 05:15:49 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 08, 2014, 12:40:59 PM

If I had a gripe about the profession, it would be the attitude of trainee teachers. There seems to be a lack of willingness to really embrace the job and go all out to impress prospective employers by working damn hard. Maybe that's the same everywhere. Young'uns nowadays.

It's the same in our place.

It's the same everywhere. I've had apprentices that just didn't give a shite.
I would have gotten a kick up the hole if I was at that craic,from my boss and from my aul fella.

And in all these situations do these young un's get extra salary / reward for going above and beyond and busting their hole.  I think fair play to this generation you work to live, gone are the days where people will be treated as mugs and work for nothing, fair play to them - wish i had the balls when I was younger to say it's 5pm I am away home to my life.
I think you have missed the point (not for the first time). It is what they do, or don't do, between 9 and 5 is part of the issue.

People not pulling their weight during working hours really pisses me off.     I also find it a bit irksome that some people timewatch and are ready to head for the door bang on finishing while others will continue to work to help colleagues and service users/clients/customers (pick approp) or even complete tasks the person in a rush to leave should of done.

Again what incentive is for the person to stay beyond their contractual hours, fair play to them I say.  It's amazing that it's always the lowest paid who are expected to stay on whilst managers swan in and out whenever they want.

I suppose the incentive for many is not recognition nor money but a sense of duty in ensuring the job is done as it should be.

Cold tea

Grow a set off balls and go home,it it isn't done point out why, i.e. others are skiving, if you're covering for them all the time you deserve all you get.

Milltown Row2

Anyways, roll on next week for mid term break :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2014, 11:54:11 AM

Well done, you deserve it for all the hard work posting on here  ;) ;)

(says me  8) )

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on February 10, 2014, 01:10:47 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2014, 11:54:11 AM

Well done, you deserve it for all the hard work posting on here  ;) ;)

(says me  8) )

I'm not off, I not that lucky, students are in nearly all f**king year but the wife is off so she can have the housework done and the dinners on the table, ironing all done and .............
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on February 10, 2014, 01:44:18 PM
the milkman done?

He was sacked years ago, the window cleaner I'm worried about

Estimator

Are teachers overpaid babysitters?
Let's imagine for a moment that teachers were paid a baby-sitter's salary. Let's assume that they charge £3.00 an hour per kid. They "babysit" 25 children from 8AM to 3PM Monday through Friday. That's eight hours a day, five days a week, for approximately nine months (or 36 weeks) a year.

•8 hours x £3.00/hr = £24 a day per student.
•£24/student x 25 students = £600 a day per class
•36 weeks x 5 days per week = 180 days
•£600 x 180 days = £108,000/year salary.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Milltown Row2

Billys Boots

QuoteThey "babysit" 25 children from 8AM to 3PM Monday through Friday.

Make that 32 kids here in Mexico. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2014, 01:45:10 PM
the milkman done?

Is Robin Askwith cleaning windows out Jordanstown way?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on February 10, 2014, 04:27:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2014, 01:45:10 PM
the milkman done?

Is Robin Askwith cleaning windows out Jordanstown way?

They were some films!! dirty brute