Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

ill be joining this illustrious band next year hahaha!!

lads going to Liverpool Hope in 2 weeks time to do my Primary PGCE; anybody any advice for me?? any things i should be doing? and more importantly where to watch the All-Ireland final and would i have time (with my course) to join a local GAA club to help coach and such as my playing days are over?? wolfe tones are just a 19 minute walk away?

Billys Boots

Quoteanybody any advice for me?

Sure; let up on the question marks.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

supersarsfields

Quote from: theticklemister on August 27, 2012, 01:06:40 PM

lads going to Liverpool Hope in 2 weeks time to do my Primary PGCE; anybody any advice for me?? any things i should be doing? and more importantly where to watch the All-Ireland final and would i have time (with my course) to join a local GAA club to help coach and such as my playing days are over?? wolfe tones are just a 19 minute walk away?

I'd say either Mitchells or Wolfe Tones would be more than glad to get someone involved in the club. Prob more scope in Mitchells as they have decent under age setup and ladies teams. If you're looking contact details drop me a PM and I can send ya details.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: supersarsfields on August 28, 2012, 02:45:02 PM

I'd say either Mitchells or Wolfe Tones would be more than glad to get someone involved in the club. Prob more scope in Mitchells as they have decent under age setup and ladies teams. If you're looking contact details drop me a PM and I can send ya details.

Welcome to Liverpool theticklemister, there is some crowd of Irish over there. Ya will hardly know your in England at all.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ONeill

One week done. All downhill now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dougal Maguire

You're not wrong there. After a week being back my missus is about ready for another holiday. Thank God I've booked a few days in Killarney at Halloween for the Horslips gig

Careful now

theticklemister

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 07, 2012, 08:03:00 PM

Welcome to Liverpool theticklemister, there is some crowd of Irish over there. Ya will hardly know your in England at all.

Good man Mayo!!! Hi where will be the best place to watch the final??

Tony Baloney

Quote from: theticklemister on September 08, 2012, 01:12:43 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 07, 2012, 08:03:00 PM

Good man Mayo!!! Hi where will be the best place to watch the final??
Croke Park.

Farrandeelin

Happy World Teachers Day.  :P

I'm sick at home so that's why I'm posting before 3 o'clock.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

theticklemister

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 05, 2012, 02:55:05 PM

3 weeks into my primary pgce here; getting er alright at the minute. I think when ye go on placement it all starts to kick off.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 05, 2012, 02:55:05 PM

I refused to buy any cards, only found out when I went to J'town today for class that they were celebrating teachers, Hallmark think of everything ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maggie

Also National Vodka day. Maybe just an innocent coincidence....

theticklemister

I was celebratung that last night but I didn't know it was a national holiday

The Worker

Some good news on the local teaching front,

New teaching jobs being created by NI Executive

Plans to provide employment for newly qualified teachers in Northern Ireland are to be announced later.

A number will be offered two-year contracts to provide one-on-one tuition for children and young people who are struggling with basic skills such as literacy.

The Ulster Teachers' Union said it was a "welcome initiative" that would help to raise standards.

A scheme to create health intervention posts will also be announced.

BBC NI political editor Mark Devenport said the announcements were designed to create employment in an innovative way.

"One of the initiatives will be to provide employment to newly qualified young teachers who haven't been able to find employment in schools - there are quite a few of them because the system was turning out too many of them," he said.

"The idea is obviously that you try to give some of the skills to those who have fallen through the cracks of the system and at the same time give some experience to the young teachers who are finding it hard to get on the first rung of the employment ladder. The idea is that you solve two problems with the one measure."

Avril Hall Callaghan, from the Ulster Teachers' Union, welcomed the move, saying: "We're just delighted that there can be a scheme that will give employment to young teachers because at present we have an aging teaching workforce.

"Only 12% of teachers in schools at the moment are under the age of 30 and yet we have something like 4,000 young teachers who have qualified in recent years with no jobs."

She said the idea of the scheme was to "free up" places for young teachers by allowing people who are older to exit the teaching profession.

Ms Hall Callaghan said the scheme was about "raising standards, reinvigorating the workforce and targeting areas of social disadvantage".

Another initiative due to be announced is a scheme involving health intervention staff working in deprived areas with around 1,200 families who need help across Northern Ireland.

First Minister Peter Robinson and Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness will give more details about the jobs at Stormont.