Gaelic Football - Rules & Regulations discussion/clarification

Started by BennyCake, September 09, 2014, 12:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh Cúchulainns

Don't think the advanced mark will be too problematic other than bad positioning on the part of the referee.
I refereed 5 games before they stopped activity and in each game there was 1 adv mark given, but not taken.

Again the kick-outs wont be a major problem in my opinion. Referees should speak to keepers prior to game or on the first opportunity in the game and quickly run them through the rule - keepers will appreciate this and in most cases coaches wont have told them the correct rule.

The new sinbin will be problematic doing a game on my own. Outside of refs meeting and with coaches/manager I have debated whether we would see more or less blacks shown as easier for a ref to sinbin for 10mins than end his game maybe in the earlier stages of a game. General consensus was less will be shown as could be too much of an imposition on a referee unless he has neutrals with him on line and posts to help keep him right.

Im looking forward to getting back at it again - first match on Thursday evening...
Its all about the Hurling.

Taylor

When is contact training allowed in the North for underage?

I cannot see any guidance lately or dates for contact

JoG2

Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 07, 2020, 09:30:28 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on July 07, 2020, 09:03:53 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 06, 2020, 10:54:50 AM
The new backpass rule.

Can a player pass the ball straight back to the keeper from the kickout, but the keeper just can't handle it? Can he fist it or hoof it away?

This is being rolled out in the county championship this year only, not club , yes?

No, it's also in for club games

Thanks Smokin, could only see this rule in relation to the forthcoming county championship

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Taylor on July 07, 2020, 01:55:54 PM

It's already allowed for underage in the 6

Taylor

Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 07, 2020, 03:02:57 PM

Was there any official communication for this Joe?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Taylor on July 07, 2020, 04:56:20 PM

It's in one of the FAQs on the gaa website:

QUESTION
When can Clubs return to contact training and challenge games?
ANSWER
•   Contact training can resume from 29 June for all Adult and Juvenile teams in the 32 counties
•   Challenge games can resume from 29 June for the 26 Counties
•   Challenge games can resume from 17 July for the 6 Counties

JoG2

Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 07, 2020, 05:29:32 PM
Quote from: Taylor on July 07, 2020, 04:56:20 PM

It's in one of the FAQs on the gaa website:

QUESTION
When can Clubs return to contact training and challenge games?
ANSWER
•   Contact training can resume from 29 June for all Adult and Juvenile teams in the 32 counties
•   Challenge games can resume from 29 June for the 26 Counties
•   Challenge games can resume from 17 July for the 6 Counties

:D yeah right!

Farrandeelin

A lot of clubs near the border are playing challenges against Monaghan and Cavan clubs I believe.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

JoG2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 07, 2020, 06:16:38 PM
A lot of clubs near the border are playing challenges against Monaghan and Cavan clubs I believe.

Yes and the teams travelling are covered insurance wise, so no problem there. It's the games within the 6 counties, teams could land themselves in some bother insurance wise.

Milltown Row2

You can play as many in house games as you like, organised correctly they can be very competitive
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smokin Joe

During a sin bin is the referee supposed to add on time for stoppages due to injuries that occur during the 10 minute sin bin period?

I had thought that the sinbin clock wasn't supposed to stop, but at a game over the weekend the referee extended the 10 minute sinbin period for stoppages.

What is supposed to happen?

delgany

Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 27, 2020, 01:57:15 PM
During a sin bin is the referee supposed to add on time for stoppages due to injuries that occur during the 10 minute sin bin period?

At the referees discretion.
I saw an incident yesterday , where in a 10 min s sin bin, therecwad 5 mins of actual game time , due to injuries , fouling, another black card , subs made and indeed the water break @

I had thought that the sinbin clock wasn't supposed to stop, but at a game over the weekend the referee extended the 10 minute sinbin period for stoppages.

What is supposed to happen?

delgany

At the referees discretion.
I saw an incident yesterday , where in the  10 min  sin bin, there  was  5 mins of actual game time , due to injuries , fouling, another black card , subs made and indeed the water break.

Milltown Row2

The time is ten minutes regardless of stoppages, that was before lockdown, I thought about the water stoppage also during sin bin, whether there has been an amendment I don't know but it's meant to be ten minutes and the player enters at next break of play, after the ten has elapsed.

If there are breaks during the game the ref will just add them on at the end of each half.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smokin Joe

The ref said that he was extending the sin bin for injury stoppages as well as the water break.  No issue with the extension for the water break, but I thought the ref got it wrong in extending the sin bin for other stoppages.