If one was to buy beer in Newry

Started by Dinny Breen, May 12, 2009, 06:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 12, 2009, 10:08:02 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on May 12, 2009, 10:02:25 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 12, 2009, 09:46:31 PM
What hassle is there driving on a motorway ?

Its a dual carriageway, not a motorway.

Pedantic Pat......

It would be an insult to motorways all over the world to refer to that shitty, roundabouted, roadworks riddled, stretch of road as a motorway. Nearly half of it is down to single lane at the minute, pain in the fecking arse.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AFS on May 12, 2009, 10:17:55 PM

Pedantic Pat......

It would be an insult to motorways all over the world to refer to that shitty, roundabouted, roadworks riddled, stretch of road as a motorway. Nearly half of it is down to single lane at the minute, pain in the fecking arse.
You Nordies are very sensitive about roads and distances...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

comethekingdom

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 12, 2009, 10:19:24 PM

Pedantic Pat......

cos they are the worst drivers in ireland! ;)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Trevor Hill on May 12, 2009, 10:14:00 PM

Pedantic Pat......

Typical southern motorist, who wouldnt know a motorway from a "b road", then again Sprucefield is only 10 miles from Newry  :D

T
:D
It's funny because it's true.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: comethekingdom on May 12, 2009, 10:23:04 PM

Pedantic Pat......

:D
Its funny because it's true
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Trevor Hill

Its sad when people who didnt have to sit a driving test criticise our driving  ::)
Thereallaoislad, the next time your are on the motorway to Sprucefield you can pull in to the inside lane, it goes all the way to Sprucefield as well  ;)

TacadoirArdMhacha

You could be in Crossmaglen in 10 minutes from the motorway at Dundalk Dinny. Struck me at Christmas there that it wouldn't be a bad option for Southerners looking drink in sterling prices without the hassle of Newry. Won't be as cheap as Sainsbury's but super valu wouldn't be too bad at all I wouldn't ahve thought.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Trevor Hill on May 12, 2009, 11:24:56 PM
Its sad when people who didnt have to sit a driving test criticise our driving  ::)
Thereallaoislad, the next time your are on the motorway to Sprucefield you can pull in to the inside lane, it goes all the way to Sprucefield as well  ;)

:D Your a sensitive aul feck
btw What people didn't have to sit a driving test  ???

You'll Never Walk Alone.

balladmaker

Heard of a prestigious Co. Dublin hotel, selling UK bottles of Budweiser over the bar, which were marked 'Part of a multipack, not to be sold seperately'.  So I reckon they were purchased in the north for about 50p a bottle, and sold in the hotel bar for a nice profit per bottle!!!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: balladmaker on May 13, 2009, 12:19:16 AM
Heard of a prestigious Co. Dublin hotel, selling UK bottles of Budweiser over the bar, which were marked 'Part of a multipack, not to be sold seperately'.  So I reckon they were purchased in the north for about 50p a bottle, and sold in the hotel bar for a nice profit per bottle!!!

Seemingly that's rampant, a mate of mine is a distributor and told me to go North as it would be cheaper than anything he could offer.  :o
#newbridgeornowhere

saffron sam2

Curley's is much cheaper than Sainsbury's.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

bendurback

I wouldnt say its much cheaper. In truth if it's boxes of beer you want theres very little difference in prices betweeen Sainsburys, Dunnes and Curleys. All three tend to have similar offers on beer.
Tescos in Banbridge are running a good offer on bud, stella and carlsberg at the minute. Box of 15 for £7.

Billys Boots

I'd agree with Laoislad Dinny, go on up to Sprucefield (despite what they say, it's only 20 mins or so, and it's better than sitting waiting for those lights in Newry, or trying to get a parking spot). 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

lynchbhoy

one should check out enniskilen for vino , one should

Asda.

Maguire01

Quote from: comethekingdom on May 12, 2009, 10:23:04 PM

Pedantic Pat......

You're having a good laugh there! Drivers down south are significantly worse - hence the need for advertisements to explain motorway driving (and in particular, the use of the right-hand lane). And it gets worse the futher south you go. I was coming back up from Kerry last week and spotted someone coming down a motorway sliproad towards oncoming traffic - seemingly oblivious to the row of flashing lights!