American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

$110m guaranteed for Goff, clock ticking for LA to win a SB with that contract on the books
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

lurganblue

Elliot gets his big money contract too i see.

gallsman

f**king Gordon won't cop on and sign.

magpie seanie

Zeke's contract is crazy and will probably harden Melvin Gordon's position.

gallsman

Gordon has no leverage whatsoever. Chargers have supposedly priced him at two picks - a first and a fifth. Someone will pay him but he'll not get the money he's looking out of LA.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on September 04, 2019, 08:41:32 PM
Gordon has no leverage whatsoever. Chargers have supposedly priced him at two picks - a first and a fifth. Someone will pay him but he'll not get the money he's looking out of LA.

Teams know a RB has only probably a 4 to 5 year peak before they start regressing, due to injuries and workload. Teams are more than happy to take their chances in the draft with a RB

gallsman

They have capable backups and a good QB and WR ser. They'll not be pounding them like Barkley or Elliott. He has two years left on his deal and doesn't become a free agent even if he sits out the entire year. Good as he is (and he's very, very good), he's not as good as the two mentioned previously, Kamara, McCaffrey or Gurley. He's never getting elite RB money.

Minder

And people thought Antonio Brown would change ?!

He could be done in Oakland already, threatened to hit GM Mike Mayock today in an altercation

Gmac

Quote from: Minder on September 05, 2019, 06:56:13 PM

He could be done in Oakland already, threatened to hit GM Mike Mayock today in an altercation
they should dump this clown and recoup any money they have paid him hard to win with guys like him on a team , bears  packers tonight should be a good one be interesting to see if the bears can continue upswing and how the new coach of packers will do

Capt Pat

Why they couldn't have had this argument and suspension drama before the B league draft on tuesday I will never know.

screenexile

Gmac

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 05, 2019, 10:23:56 PM

Why they couldn't have had this argument and suspension drama before the B league draft on tuesday I will never know.
i got him too ,he's  heading int Terrell Owens territory now with his diva behavior.

gawa316

Raiders need to cut their loses on AB now. He's created an absolute circus and this last episode should be the final nail in the coffin

gawa316

Absolutely borefest of a game that

gallsman

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 05, 2019, 10:23:56 PM

In fairness, anyone drafting AB with anything resembling an early pick needs a slap. Derek Carr throwing to him ffs