'I am legend' Issues

Started by nrico2006, January 04, 2008, 03:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

I watched the film last week, and thought it was pretty good.  It wasn't maybe as good as I expected it though.  Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any views on certain issues in the film, i.e. did Robert Neville get caught by his own trap?  Was the captured women the alpha-males partner?

This is how bored I am at work!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggysego

Jesus man, I'm going to see it!
Testing Accessibility

nrico2006

Its enjoyable, definitely one for the cinema.  I wouldn't mind watching the older version with Charlton Heston in it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Gabriel_Hurl

I think he means - don't be saying stuff that happens in the film

nrico2006

QuoteI think he means - don't be saying stuff that happens in the film

No shit Sherlock!

pintsofguinness

I thought it was very well done and I thought Smith was very good.  I'd say if you like your zombie movies you'll love it, I don't so I just thought it was alright.  I did think it did draged a bit in the middle, I loved the ending and thought it could have showed more of what happened when the virus hit. 

*SPOILERS*

I didn't think he got caught in his own trap, I thought the zombies set it?  His own trap caught one and he would have had to reset it.
I didn't like the token dog. 
Did he start going insane or what? talking to the shop dummies, the shrek scene etc?
QuoteWas the captured women the alpha-males partner?
I did wonder why there seemed to be that one leader among the zombies, you raise a good point.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

imtommygunn

***Som spoilers***

You make a good point about the alpha male and the chick he had captured- never thought of it like that.

Don't think he got caught in his own trap though. I thought the zombie/vampire caught him.

I thought the dummy thing was quite funny though - kind of seemed like his "escapism to normality" if you will.

I was a bit like POG. Not big into vampires / zombie movies so wasn't that impressed - decent but not great. The book is meant to be a classic and much better than the film - I read a synopsis on amazon to try and compare the stories and there seemed a few holes. You could probably find the answers to your questions in there.

clarshack

havent seen it but heard from a few different people that it is s***. still gonna see it though but it will be next weekend.

Estimator

****  Definite Spoilers Ahead****

QuoteYou make a good point about the alpha male and the chick he had captured- never thought of it like that.

I thought that the alpha-male dude, set the trap, that was the reason he stuck his head out to see who caught his chick!

Why did the alpha-male set the dogs on Neville and his Dog, but did not attack them himself??

Why did he spread water on his steps as he was going into his house??

How did he manage to fall asleep in his bath and wake up in his bed??
Ulster League Champions 2009

gerry

thankfully watched it online, though it was very poor.  a few mates went to cinema to watch it and wished they didn't.

btw it was his own trap
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

The Claw

Yeah would have thought it was his own trap. I mean, if they were able to set a trap, then surely they would be clever enought to find some coat or something to protect them from UV light or be able to use guns or explosives to get to Neville in the end?

Q - at the very end when Nevie stays with the Grenade, how did the woman and kid survive? surely it would have only taken out only a couple of them and more would have been there to get them when they came out?
Thought it was an entertaining film. I tell people to go to it not expecting a blockbuster, just a decent film.

pintsofguinness

Quotebtw it was his own trap

How was it his trap, when did he reset it?

I don't know how anyone can enjoy watching a film watching it online.

The Claw

I would have presumed he had traps all over the place.Make the film widescreen and its just like watching a dvd if u get it in good quality, or else just hook it up 2 your tv and bob's your uncle.

pintsofguinness

A rare good discussion on IMDB for anyone who cares enough
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480249/board/nest/93491002

Btw has anyone seen "We own the night"?
Any good? Worth going to?

gerry

QuoteI don't know how anyone can enjoy watching a film watching it online.

picture qty as good as dvd in most cases,  takes a bit of looking around to find it.

beats sitting in cinema on your own
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,