The Official Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 13, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: thewobbler on June 21, 2014, 11:51:58 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on June 21, 2014, 11:18:18 PM
Quote from: Windmill abu on June 21, 2014, 10:48:18 PM
QuoteGhana deserve to win this

No they didn't. They earned a draw, but they weren't a better team than Germany.

I'm all for supporting the under dog but if you don't out play the opposition then you don't deserve to win.

Ghana had more shots and more shots on target than the Germans. At the end the Germans were out on their legs. If Ghana had been a bit more clever at the end the had the beating of the Germans. Nothing to do with the underdog.

Ghana had more potshots that trickled into the keeper's hands than Germany.

The increasing obsession with stats in football drives me mad. Germany were the better team tonight throughout, and for around 15 mins of the second half were on a different plane to Ghana.

Yeah, the period when they conceded two goals to Ghana. There was just about nothing in it in the second half.

Armaghgeddon

rootthemout

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 22, 2014, 12:08:20 AM
Dzeko is quite the lazy f***er
pissed of cause good goal disallowed by dopey linesman!!  So am I cause had him backed((((

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: rootthemout on June 22, 2014, 12:28:01 AM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 22, 2014, 12:08:20 AM
Dzeko is quite the lazy f***er
pissed of cause good goal disallowed by dopey linesman!!  So am I cause had him backed((((

I had him backed to. But he has done f**k all the whole game really. Seen him numerous times standing there with 4 nigerian players around him, making absolutely no effort to make a run.

Bosnia deserve to be out of this tournament, all they have done this entire game is run down the wings and cross it and Nigeria are laughing because they pretty much have to do f**k all. Argentina did the same earlier but eventually realised shooting from distance would be more beneficial.

Galwaybhoy

Dzeko had numerous chances to score today.  Very disappointing second half from Bosnia.  After the disallowed goal Nigeria seemed to get the upperhand.  Bosnia struggled to create many chances in the second half and attempted too many shots from outside the box but didn't hit one decent effort.  Again the one man that got the chances Dzeko failed to take one of them not including the disallowed goal.

The ref was poor again and how there was only three added minutes I don't know after all the time wasting by the Nigerians.  Nigeria should advance to the second round now I still can't see Iran winning against Bosnia.

Canalman

2nd half of Germany v Ghana amongst the most enjoyable 45 minutes of football I have seen. This WC (I have been lucky in the games I have seen tbf) is excellent even before the knockout games come along when possibly it will get cagier.

Feel very sorry for Bosnia/ H. Shocking decision and they are out.

Canalman

Oh and by the way the referees of my underage soccer  would have had a fit in penalizing the amount of foul throws in the WC no end. Referees not policing it at all imo.

joemamas

Belguim are either really bad or they don't give a shit, maybe both. They look a team of individuals that have not played that much together.

beer baron

Belgium are chronic. They don't deserve to win this game and they sure as hell won't be winning the World cup.

Wildweasel74

Capt Pat

Yes Algeria lead South Korea 4-2. The late game Portugal v USA should be good too as Portugal really need to win that.

Shrewdness

Nani's goal means that he becomes the Fourth Manchester United player to score at this World Cup, joining Van Persie, Fellaini and Rooney.

rossiewanderer

Cant stand Portugal diving f**ks.heres hoping for an equalizer for the US.

rossiewanderer

USA USA USA USA USA !!!!!!! :D wHAT A STRIKE The US are not the greatest team by a long way but they have fantastic heart.