NFL Division Two 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 09:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

Better team by a good bit won today, throughly deserved, one point margin flattering for Galway and our pathetic record in the place you want to save your best for continues.
Serious issues across all lines today, Conroy all through and Comer in the 2nd half are exempted from that in fairness, Conroy has been plugging away in poor to middling Galway teams for years, needed some new lads to step up today and they were found severely wanting.

How long are we going to have to look at goalkeepers not being put in a position to succeed? No strategy and ate alive on breaking ball. The tackling technique when players run straight at the Galway defence is chronic.

Unless Mayo have the mother and father of all off days there's only one winner in 3 weeks time, they match up really well with Galway, could be a tough outing.

blanketattack

Galway player (Tierney?) going for a point when 30 seconds left and down 3. I never understand that mentality.

galwayman

Quote from: blanketattack on April 03, 2022, 04:25:17 PM
Galway player (Tierney?) going for a point when 30 seconds left and down 3. I never understand that mentality.
He didn't. He was trying to drop it in around the house but over cooked it.

galwayman

Quote from: Rudi on April 03, 2022, 03:47:10 PM
Quote from: 03,05,08 on April 03, 2022, 03:38:24 PM
Did Anthony Cunningham play club football?

In Roscommon he did a bit of training with Bridget's, played the odd game with the seconds. Dont know what he did regarding football when he lived in Galway.
Nothing I think. He's from an area that has no Gaelic football club.

seafoid

So that's 4 D2 titles for the neighbours recently.
Ní uasal agus íseal ach thuas seal agus thíos arís agus arís eile.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Quote from: galwayman on April 03, 2022, 04:45:44 PM
Quote from: Rudi on April 03, 2022, 03:47:10 PM
Quote from: 03,05,08 on April 03, 2022, 03:38:24 PM
Did Anthony Cunningham play club football?

In Roscommon he did a bit of training with Bridget's, played the odd game with the seconds. Dont know what he did regarding football when he lived in Galway.
Nothing I think. He's from an area that has no Gaelic football club.

Was thinking saint Thomas's wouldn't of had a football team but wasn't sure, some credit to his coaching ability

Wildweasel74

He over the Galway Hurlers a few yrs bck lost an all Ireland?

imtommygunn

Player power ousted him.

He managed mullingar to an all Ireland club final too.

Roscommon aren't bereft of talent either. They always seem to be there or thereabouts at underage level so must have a decent enough football setup in the county.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 03, 2022, 05:42:08 PM

Was Galway manager when they reached the 2012 and 2015 All Ireland finals he led Galway U21s to the AI title in 2011. The Galway senior All-Ireland winning team in 2017 was basically the team Cunningham built.

As manager he won Connacht and Leinster titles with St Brigids and Garrycastle footballers.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 03, 2022, 05:42:08 PM
He was a poor enough hurling tactician. They needed someone else to make the breakthrough
Great to see him doing well with Ros

cornetto

So much for my information and comer not starting 🙄 a miraculous recovery!!! He was probably one of galways better players.Mayo won't be too worried after galways display I would imagine,but if Mayo's shooting doesn't improve Galway could have an outside chance.

Rossfan

Good day out in HQ, batin the neighbours and winning the cupeen.

Our other neighbours didn't do too well either🤣.
Still it's only th'oul League.
Hope we can continue the improvement since the start of the League, give Connacht a rattle, get to and be competitive in the AI Qtr Final .
And stay in D1 for a few years this time
We have some great forwards, a decentish midfield but defence is a major problem.
As for today, we made heavy weather of a game we had in the bag at 3 qtr stage but Diarmuid's goal was worth the journey and we did well to recover from conceding 6 in a row.
Raise up the Standard high
Wave banners to the sky
Men of Roscommon are marching again
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: cornetto on April 03, 2022, 07:18:16 PM
So much for my information and comer not starting 🙄 a miraculous recovery!!! He was probably one of galways better players.Mayo won't be too worried after galways display I would imagine,but if Mayo's shooting doesn't improve Galway could have an outside chance.
Mayo haven't found any new scoring forwards by the looks of things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b3XTj5G_SA

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on April 03, 2022, 08:08:12 PM
Good day out in HQ, batin the neighbours and winning the cupeen.

Our other neighbours didn't do too well either🤣.
Still it's only th'oul League.
Hope we can continue the improvement since the start of the League, give Connacht a rattle, get to and be competitive in the AI Qtr Final .
And stay in D1 for a few years this time
We have some great forwards, a decentish midfield but defence is a major problem.
As for today, we made heavy weather of a game we had in the bag at 3 qtr stage but Diarmuid's goal was worth the journey and we did well to recover from conceding 6 in a row.
Raise up the Standard high
Wave banners to the sky
Men of Roscommon are marching again
Everything is possible in April but the big picture is depressing. Connacht haven't won Sam since 2001 and won't this year either. Ros haven't had a serious team since the late 1970s. Mayo are stuck in Groundhog day. Galway are in a holding pattern. It's still 2+3+9

Cunny Funt

An old fashion shootout in Croke Park yesterday where the best team got a narrow victory. Conroy and Comer remain big players for Galway and boosted by the return of Shane Walsh. Tierney I feel is starting to show the strain of all the football he played this spring.  Roscommon have solid midfield pairing in Harney,Nolan that allows a good set of forwards to produce a big score. Both will have to tighten up defensively if they have hopes for regaining a Connacht title this summer and staying up in Div 1 next year.