Weather

Started by Lucius Fox, August 07, 2008, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Iceman on September 07, 2017, 12:53:09 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on September 07, 2017, 04:15:18 AM
Its looks like the literal perfect storm, a terrible beauty no doubt

Iceman
Didnt know ye moved, Seattle freeze prob doesnt sound too bad at the mo?
Still take east coast people any day - they're weird in the west and Seattle probably tops that bill

I think you'd like Arizona :)

Puckoon

Iceman
Still take east coast people any day - they're weird in the west and Seattle probably tops that bill

Hey Now! Dems fightin words

armaghniac

Iceman

All America is weird, you are only talking about gradations.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

playwiththewind1st

All I can say is that it went pretty ballistic this afternoon in Sorrento for 2-3 hours !

omaghjoe

A real monster compared to Andrew

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Denn Forever

I hope any of the posters who live in the areas affected are safe esp. those who are in those areas  working e.g. FL/MAYO.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 10, 2017, 03:02:26 PM
I hope any of the posters who live in the areas affected are safe esp. those who are in those areas  working e.g. FL/MAYO.
+1.

Rois

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 10, 2017, 03:02:26 PM
+2
Iceman, not sure where you are but hope you and yours are safely out of harm's way.

We got a flight out of Orlando 5hrs before they closed the airport. We talked to people who had left their homes as secure as possible and then travelled up to Orlando to ride it out in a hotel. They are from Fort Myers and have no idea what to expect when they go back home.
The guys we were with Wed/Thurs who own an Irish bar made the Irish Sun.

seafoid

6m people evacuated. The GOP is insane
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

FL/MAYO

A crazy week, so many people with out power in this oppressive heat and humidity. September always sucks weather wise at the best of times. 8 elderly people found dead in a nursing home yesterday. I would say Iceman on the west coast got the full brunt of the storm, he is okay though.

AZOffaly

He posted some great videos online.

There's a reason the 'U' are called the Hurricanes I suppose.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 14, 2017, 07:13:43 PM
He posted some great videos online.

There's a reason the 'U' are called the Hurricanes I suppose.
Go canes!
The funny thing is that most of the people who live in the worst affected areas have no idea of the extent of the damage in the rest of the state. They won't have seen or have had access to the news since Sunday. The middle Keys look destroyed. I hope that's the last one for me, there's a lot to be said for the shitty Irish climate.

Puckoon

Crazy videos and pictures from Iceman alright. Obviously this pales in comparison, but very strange weather in Nevada on the whole yesterday. Tornado warnings, which we never get. 2 hours of lightning strikes and driving rain and funnel clouds - lucky it sparked no additional fires. Reno has had about 10 fires within 20 miles of the city this summer. It's touchpaper out there. And in the midst of it all - hailstones ranging from marble size to tennis ball size.

Oraisteach

Do you have a link to Iceman's videos?  We live in the Florida panhandle, and with Irma bearing down on us, we skedaddled to Mobile to a hotel full of evacuees from Miami, Naples, Ft. Myers and Tampa.  We returned home yesterday. Power had been restored and, at least for us, no damage and v little sign that a hurricane had passed through.  Last year's hurricane caused much more damage. We were very lucky indeed.  Others were much less fortunate.