The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

I wouldn't suspect drugs - GSP cut to get to 170 - its not hard to fight at 185 and be in the shape he was in.
My concern was his fitness. Bisping is a high pace but GSP shouldn't have been tired so quickly. He remained active, he was training, he should have been in cardio vascular shape....
Whittaker will finish him quickly hes too big too strong and too hungry for GSP. Though he doesn't have the takedown defense of Michael... I think it will be a bad night for GSP. Look at what Hendricks did to gSP and then look at what happened to Johnny on Sat night when he fought a bigger man who cuts to make the limit...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

MoChara

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 05, 2017, 02:09:42 PM

Great card overall. Delighted to see Cody caught - can't warm to him at all. Upsets in all three of the main fights.

Can't help wondering about about GSP's body transformation and how comfortable and powerful he was at the weight.

Wouldn't claim to know an awful lot about the personas in the UFC but your man Dillashaw seemed to be the arsehole of the two I thought.

gallsman

Quote from: MoChara on November 06, 2017, 03:27:31 PM

Great card overall. Delighted to see Cody caught - can't warm to him at all. Upsets in all three of the main fights.

Can't help wondering about about GSP's body transformation and how comfortable and powerful he was at the weight.

Wouldn't claim to know an awful lot about the personas in the UFC but your man Dillashaw seemed to be the arsehole of the two I thought.

TJ has taken a lot of shit over the last couple of years for his decision to change things up and move gyms (from Cody's). Had every right to be absolutely delighted with himself.

One of the great myths of MMA is that it's a team sport.

nrico2006

From what I have saw of them in the build up Garbrandt seemed like a knob.  Was glad to see him lose, and in his post-fight interview he seemed to be in denial and is 100% sure he would win the rematch.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Gs Man

See Joanna is claiming she didn't tap against Namajunas.  She was out of it anyway whether she tapped or not, but just sounds like sour grapes to me.
Keep 'er lit

MoChara

Quote from: gallsman on November 06, 2017, 03:43:39 PM

TJ has taken a lot of shit over the last couple of years for his decision to change things up and move gyms (from Cody's). Had every right to be absolutely delighted with himself.

One of the great myths of MMA is that it's a team sport.

Heard the commentators saying something about he'd lost a lot of friends in the past year right enough, that'd explain it.

gallsman

Quote from: The Gs Man on November 07, 2017, 08:13:40 AM
See Joanna is claiming she didn't tap against Namajunas.  She was out of it anyway whether she tapped or not, but just sounds like sour grapes to me.

Her hand tapped the ground, that's for sure. Whether she submitted or not is a different matter. I didn't think so.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: gallsman on November 07, 2017, 04:41:56 PM
Quote from: The Gs Man on November 07, 2017, 08:13:40 AM

Her hand tapped the ground, that's for sure. Whether she submitted or not is a different matter. I didn't think so.

I was very surprised when I heard that she tapped as you almost never see anyone tapping due to strikes.

nrico2006

It definitely looked like she tapped.  Good enough for her.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

McGregor leapt into the Bellator cage shortly after his mate Charlie Ward (badly knocked out in his two UFC fights) won his fight. Was turfed out by referee Marc Goddard who McGregor subsequently tried to confront bank in the cage. Absolute muppet.

In his mad rage to get at Goddard, McGregor ended up bundling over the fighter who had just been knocked out. He also slapped a Bellator official round the head whilst astride the cage.

Asal Mor

Had seen the video of McGregor coming into the ring and getting physical with the ref which was bad enough. Ewen  McKenna posted this on twitter. It's the aftermath where he comes back for more.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbU9TTUhuNO/

It's a clear case of criminal assault. Not sure where this event was but the law should be pressing charges for that thuggish behavior. It's worrying to think how many young lads look up to this little pr!ck.

Tubberman

Quote from: Asal Mor on November 11, 2017, 08:25:23 AM
Had seen the video of McGregor coming into the ring and getting physical with the ref which was bad enough. Ewen  McKenna posted this on twitter. It's the aftermath where he comes back for more.

It's a clear case of criminal assault. Not sure where this event was but the law should be pressing charges for that thuggish behavior. It's worrying to think how many young lads look up to this little pr!ck.

It was in Dublin. What a p***k - coked off his head I'd say.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Quote from: Asal Mor on November 11, 2017, 08:25:23 AM

You getting on the high horse because McGregor gets a bit mouthy with a ref when you defend Ched Evans from rape is a little hard for some to get their heads around.

Asal Mor

If you can't get your head round the difference between "a bit mouthy" and throwing a punch at someone, there's no point in me trying to explain the justice system or that Ched was found not guilty on appeal for the precise reasons I argued he should be.

nrico2006

Quote from: Asal Mor on November 11, 2017, 04:00:15 PM
If you can't get your head round the difference between "a bit mouthy" and throwing a punch at someone, there's no point in me trying to explain the justice system or that Ched was found not guilty on appeal for the precise reasons I argued he should be.

I doubt he really threw a punch.  If he tried to I'm sure he would connect.