Dog Fighting on BBC Panorama tonight

Started by Bensars, August 30, 2007, 09:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Not one mention of the AI hurling final teams

Incredible really that we have people here who have little or no interest in hurling being critical of a Northern Ireland service who probably looked at the fact that most Ulster counties only pay lip service to the game and decided there isn't much point in putting on something no-one will watch. I'm not defending the BBC but try and be a bit impartial
A Gaa star allegedly a head of an illegal dog-fighting ring is obviously going to create headlines and rightly so in my view. That recently joined poster only has a political agenda from what i can see especially by his last statement which in my view is bullshit.

thefamineisover

"A Gaa star allegedly a head of an illegal dog-fighting ring " from Indiana
Indiana - are these your words or can you tell me were you quoted them from?

Bensars

Lads will some of ye have a wee word with yourself.

Im no fan of the BBC and its coverage( rather lack of) of all things in the GAA, but honestly if some of you believe they started this investigation to have a dig at the gaa then your deluding yourself.

The actual undercover was in the GAA stronghold of Tandragee  ::) and the "farmer boys".

The famine is over..............a new poster very vocal on the topic ::).       

T Fearon

Regardless of the messenger it does seem Mr Cavlan is guilty on all counts. Is there a place in the GAA for scum like this?

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on August 30, 2007, 10:59:48 AM
Regardless of the messenger it does seem Mr Cavlan is guilty on all counts. Is there a place in the GAA for scum like this?

For once, we agree
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Yes Ziggy and I would have had the same sentiment had an Armagh player been involved

magpie seanie

If its proven I'd agree too. Horrible shit to be involved in.

thefamineisover

No answer Indiana on your own personal allegation about Mr Cavlan being the head of a dog fighting ring.  Fianl time Are you still standing over that comment?  T Fearon - obviously Armagh feature heavily in the documentary.  Ill remind you that Mr Cavlan was born in Armagh and still very much considers himself an Armagh man, but has played his football in Tyrone and for Tyrone teams due to his family moving there. The Armagh connection in this whole story cannot be underestimated and could indeed be the major factor.  Nobody else can comment without seeing the documentary.   

T Fearon

I don't care where he's from, he has no place in the GAA. This is not an anti Tyrone issue, but as he is a Tyrone player currently, and Mr Harte is such a pious person, I hope he does the right thing

INDIANA

Gerard Cavlan, an all-Ireland medal winner, is a senior figure in a County Armagh dog fighting operation known as The Bulldog Sanctuary Kennels

"senior figure" without getting into the semantics of it - the BBC allege he is at least a board member for what of  a better term. it's all over the bloody newspapers - obviously those journalists have watched it. If it was a Dublin player i'd be appalled quite frankly. It's one of the most barbaric forms of what some people call entertainment these days.

SammyG

Quote from: thefamineisover on August 30, 2007, 11:08:13 AM
No answer Indiana on your own personal allegation about Mr Cavlan being the head of a dog fighting ring.  
It's the main headline for the BBC story. See bensars post on page one of this thread.

thefamineisover

I believe That Mr Cavlan had retired from Tyrone football immediately after the All ireland quarter final so what would you like Mickey Harte to do exactly?  Burn him out!!! ::)

Uladh

This is old news, investigated and dealt with by the authorities months ago.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

EC Unique

Quote from: Uladh on August 30, 2007, 11:38:28 AM

Let sleeping dogs lie.

It is not old news if he has been at it since his trial and this is what is suggested in the program according to the Irish News. I think he should have done time the first time and if he is still at it then he should be made example of. >:(  It is a disgusting cruel activity.

GweylTah

Quote from: Uladh on August 30, 2007, 11:38:28 AM

Let sleeping dogs lie.

Perjury United!