100 Metre Final

Started by magickingdom, August 25, 2007, 02:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balboa

Quote from: tyroneboi on August 26, 2007, 10:01:48 PM
Quote from: mannix on August 25, 2007, 05:51:00 PM
Well supersub,
the guy was just letting you know his thoughts.I too have cannot shout for sportsmen of dubious distinction.Lance armstrong, barry bonds or mark maguire or any of the other overpaid steroid monsters in sport are cheats and not worth a second look.Barry bonds makes me feel sick when I see all the fans bowing to him, he is steroids out and out.
If everyone stopped being blind to the facts then bonds and co would have to walk away and leave it to the real sportsmen.alex rodrigeuz, jeter,michael jordan,beckham,mark messier and tom brady are real sportsmen that look like they train or did train hard without drugs as a platform.

Lance Armstrong? you my friend are very very wrong. tell ya what take a read at his books and the only drugs he did was the ones that cured him of the cancer. if u dont know the facts then keep your bullshitting to yourself!! p***k!

Do you think he is gonna f**king admit to taking drugs???

Tony Baloney

Balboa that's what I thought too. Armstrong is hardly gonna admit in his autobiography that he won everything whilst juiced up on EPO. Tyroneboi are you really that thick?!

ludermor

it has been proven that almost all of Armstrongs competitors were on the juice, i think it is incredibly naive to think that he could beat them for so long without been on it himself.

screenexile

Cynical crowd of hoors ye all are! Good to see the 'innocent until proven giulty' idea of a democracy is still in full flight here... sure maybe we should bring internment back to Northern Ireland... "sure all his neighbours are terrorists so he must be too!"... wise up!!!

ludermor

so are you not a bit sceptical that all of his main competitors have been either tested postitive or admitted to taking steriods. i just find it hard to believe that he could beat them all when they are juiced up and he is not.

screenexile

Having read his books and seen numerous interviews I find it extremely hard to believe that he would take drugs... even more than that I would say that given todays climate of papparazzi and gutter journalism considering the amount of fame and celebrity Lance Armstrong enjoys I think the press would have been able to find and exploit even the tiniest indiscretion... had it existed!

tyroneboi

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 27, 2007, 12:28:37 PM
Balboa that's what I thought too. Armstrong is hardly gonna admit in his autobiography that he won everything whilst juiced up on EPO. Tyroneboi are you really that thick?!

never said that he would admit it in a book. wat i am saying is that if you read his books then you will get an appreciation of the kind of man and competitor he is. so because he won all those tour de france's means he is on drugs? if u think like that then u must think tiger woods, roger federer and all those other top sportsmen are on drugs as well. just because u are on top of your sport doesnt mean you are on drugs. every single test armstrong has taken has come back clean so maybe your the thick one baloney!!

Declan

Lance- The case against

Emma O'Reilly, formerly Armstrong's personal masseuse, makes the following points in LA Confidential the book David Walsh co-authored:

* Armstrong told O'Reilly his hematocrit was 41, nine percent below the permitted maximum, and that he was "going to do what the others do" to enhance it.

* In July 1999, Armstrong asked her for makeup to cover bruises on his arm from injections. The authors maintain that legal injections are generally injected in the buttocks.

* In May 1998, Armstrong asked her to dispose of syringes after the Tour of the Netherlands.

* In May 1999, she ferried 24 pills from Johan Bruyneel, the USPS team director, to Armstrong near his home in Nice.

* She provides details of Armstrong's 1999 positive test for steroids, claiming Armstrong told her he had used a steroid around the time of the Route du Sud that he thought would have cleared his system before the Tour. O'Reilly says doctors backdated a prescription for a legal cream containing the steroid, and organizers allowed it, even though the cream wasn't listed on Armstrong's mandatory medical form.

Doping is inseparable from bike racing. (If you're interested, check out The Crooked Path to Victory: Drugs and Cheating in Professional Bike Racing, by Les Woodland.) In 2004 alone, three current and former world champions were busted, one team was nearly disbanded, and several pro cyclists went public with detailed, harrowing stories of doping practices on their teams, including one who said he was given a substance designed for anemic dogs. What would people say about the GAA if O'Se, Fay, Bradley, Brogan etc tested positive in a single year? If a bunch of them died of heart attacks—as eight cyclists did in 2003-4?

Also after the 2004 season, Armstrong's former mechanic—Mike Anderson, alleged that he'd found a box of steroids in the bathroom of Armstrong's Girona apartment.

ludermor

Quote from: tyroneboi on August 27, 2007, 02:04:25 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 27, 2007, 12:28:37 PM

never said that he would admit it in a book. wat i am saying is that if you read his books then you will get an appreciation of the kind of man and competitor he is. so because he won all those tour de france's means he is on drugs? if u think like that then u must think tiger woods, roger federer and all those other top sportsmen are on drugs as well. just because u are on top of your sport doesnt mean you are on drugs. every single test armstrong has taken has come back clean so maybe your the thick one baloney!!
but the have been feck all golfers/tennis players caught doping!!! cant you see the difference?And there is no need to insult people who dont agree with you Almost all of the top cyclist of the last 10 years have tested positive, if you cant feel just a little sceptical then you must be the purest of the pure. Think about it for a second , everyone else (exageration i know) were on drugs and they still couldnt beat him, it defies reason that he was clean

screenexile

QuoteLance- The case against

Emma O'Reilly, formerly Armstrong's personal masseuse, makes the following points in LA Confidential the book David Walsh co-authored:

* Armstrong told O'Reilly his hematocrit was 41, nine percent below the permitted maximum, and that he was "going to do what the others do" to enhance it.

* In July 1999, Armstrong asked her for makeup to cover bruises on his arm from injections. The authors maintain that legal injections are generally injected in the buttocks.

* In May 1998, Armstrong asked her to dispose of syringes after the Tour of the Netherlands.

* In May 1999, she ferried 24 pills from Johan Bruyneel, the USPS team director, to Armstrong near his home in Nice.

* She provides details of Armstrong's 1999 positive test for steroids, claiming Armstrong told her he had used a steroid around the time of the Route du Sud that he thought would have cleared his system before the Tour. O'Reilly says doctors backdated a prescription for a legal cream containing the steroid, and organizers allowed it, even though the cream wasn't listed on Armstrong's mandatory medical form.

QuoteAlso after the 2004 season, Armstrong's former mechanic—Mike Anderson, alleged that he'd found a box of steroids in the bathroom of Armstrong's Girona apartment.

This is all hearsay and opinion! Where are the facts? ANd if there are facts why haven't they been requested by investigative bodies or the governing body?

Doping is inseparable from bike racing. (If you're interested, check out The Crooked Path to Victory: Drugs and Cheating in Professional Bike Racing, by Les Woodland.) In 2004 alone, three current and former world champions were busted, one team was nearly disbanded, and several pro cyclists went public with detailed, harrowing stories of doping practices on their teams, including one who said he was given a substance designed for anemic dogs. What would people say about the GAA if O'Se, Fay, Bradley, Brogan etc tested positive in a single year? If a bunch of them died of heart attacks—as eight cyclists did in 2003-4?

I never said that cycling isn't rife with drugs... facts show that it quite clearly is. The only thing that gets me is the fact that people use Armstrong's success as a stick to beat him with and the fact that people assume oh well he's that good he must be cheating.

I can understand to a better degree people who reason it slightly by saying, well everyone else was on them and they still weren't able to beat him but the fact that there is no proof and that everyone goes on speculation and hearsay really p*sses me off!

Orior

The womens 100m was worth watching. You could set your pint on their bums and still have room to lean on it yourself.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

magpie seanie

QuoteThe womens 100m was worth watching. You could set your pint on their bums and still have room to lean on it yourself.

Post of the day!

hitzelsperger

seen that lads, some of them bootys would take a fair bit of slappin! jaysus it was a tight race...glad to see the yank beat though

Tyrone Dreamer

Anyone see the 10000m final, pure brilliance. Surely the long distance runners wouldnt be on drugs?

hitzelsperger

dreamer watched it, thought with lap and a half to go bekele was a goner but when he kicked with 200m to go he looked as if he was running 1500m, sheer brilliance just like Gabrisilasshi (sp) before him...to be honest i think he was toying with the 2 others when he let them get a few metres on him...totally unreal endurance to push it out for 9600m and then to sprint 400m flat out last lap...drugs i dont think so, them african boys could run before they could walk, simply a heart the size of a football and lungs like wheelie bins...genetically perfect for the sport!!